|
Author Topic:   Great DDM
KONG
posted July 29, 2001 09:57 PM            
great ddm, lets keep it going. different formats maybe 4 team ctf? doesn't matter what team you're on. capturing the flag is a great incentive to get frags. and maybe just a few mods once in awhile just for spice.

any ideas? lets hear them. someone take charge. skan, its your server. and thanks

and to those of u i sent flying with a mass driver tonite, tx it was great fun, lmao , guys

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited July 29, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 30, 2001 04:28 AM            
yeah i had fun, I'm in the misdt of redoing the look of my ranking.html page. Make it look prettier at least to my eyes. I should be done with it tommorrow and have the pics up by Tuesday.

IP:

oli2808
posted July 30, 2001 08:20 AM            
What about having clan vs clan team games?

IP:

Paranor
posted July 30, 2001 09:25 AM            
We've been beating this around *every* time we have a DDM. It was a very good idea to quit having DDM's weekly - I'm guessing that it why we had an excellent turnout yesterday.

I suggest we finally take care of this discussion and I propose this schedule:

it is based on a 4 week rotation

WEEK 1 - 3 game DDM
this is based on what we already do now.

WEEK 2 - 3 game CTF
no specific clan vs clan - just whomever ends up on the team for each game. it will help us all play with/against each other which is one of the more enjoyable parts of TM.

WEEK 3 - 3 game RACE
we had a race server and while it wasn't used consistently it was used once a bunch of us got together and went over there once or twice a week

WEEK 4 - 3 game clan battle
setup the server to have 3 teams and preset your tank so that LWA is blue, BWL is black, DNX is green, etc? Did I miss any clans?

SKAN has been very gracious to host the DDM's (and last night ran great) and if he can't do it for whatever reason then do have access to other servers to setup for a temp basis (including myself).

Thoughts? Put this up on a voting web site?

If not then let's do it! WAHOOOOOOOOO!

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Do not meddle in the affairs of netadmins for they are subtle and quick to anger.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 30, 2001 10:21 AM         
And TC is pink....

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 30, 2001 11:18 AM            
Paranor, I like that idea. I think it would help if the DDM's were more announced like this last one was, as well as rotating the schedule. If people get sick of racing for the day, they can move over to another server. The only question I would have is with Week 4, what do non-clan members do? Join their own team, or just fill in randomly on the clan spots?

Yesterday's game was some good stuff, until my connection dropped for no reason and I couldn't log back until this morning. First time I've had that happen, and only when I need it the most.

Good fun. It seemed like I spent a whole lot of time chasing Kong though. I really wasn't going after you, it just happened that way.

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 30, 2001 11:24 AM            
Vote on it.

The DM Schedule Poll.

IP:

Manray
posted July 30, 2001 11:35 AM         
Although I dropped by very late in the DDM (about 9:17pm EDT) I had a great time. It sure was nice playing against a whole slew of humans rather than a bunch of bots!! Thanks again to Skan for the server time. I do like the idea of game type rotation. I don't get a chance to do much online racing in this game, so that would be a nice addition. A good all human CTF session would be lots of fun as well. The advanced notice really helped in my ability to get to the DDM. Again, thanks for the fun guys!

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 30, 2001 12:44 PM            
Rockin' game last night everyone. I agree, the additional announcements and preplanned game really helped turnout last night. It was a real great time getting to seen and blast everyone I got to. Looking forward to the next time around!

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 30, 2001 11:08 PM            
Desolation: You can participate in the clan war in the following way. LWA was designed to let non clan members compete during clan wars. Its called the Lone Wolf Alliance. It might suit your needs well, or you could go join one of the other 3 clans.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 30, 2001 11:44 PM            
Sorry I missed it I installed the game on my friend's computer but it was very unstable.
The good news is I finally bought a new video card this weekend.Visontek Geforce 3 And Max Payne which I can say absolutely rocks!

I'm up for whatever you guys decide about how often we play or the content of DDM's.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited July 30, 2001).]

IP: