|
Author Topic:   Trouble
The Weatherman
posted July 27, 2001 01:54 PM         
Something has hosed my game server. I don't think it is that new nasty virus because I have never used e-mail on it. However, the virus is supposed to be network aware and the server is on the school network. I am not sure how long it will be down. I will prolly have it up by Sun. If anyone can host a demo server for a couple of days, it would be most appreicated. I have brief instructions on my website for configuring a demo server.

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 27, 2001 02:54 PM         
The situation has gone from slightly hosed to thoroughly hosed... I don't know what is up, but the computer is acting dead - wont boot to floppy, CD or HD and the monitor has stopped working. This seems a bit beyond what a virus can do - I think it is more like the pos has given up the ghost. I will work on it when I can, but it looks like we need another host for Sun

IP:

Paranor
posted July 27, 2001 03:53 PM            
I originally had a message saying that I have a server up but need help tweaking it for a DDM but NEVER MIND!

It looks like Skan his has servers up.

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Do not meddle in the affairs of netadmins for they are subtle and quick to anger.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited July 27, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 27, 2001 07:17 PM         
after a lot of swearing, a fresh OS install, and some luck, the Demo server is back up. I don't trust the box anymore - there is an intermittent problem with the video card that keeps dropping the monitor and the last crash is still unexplained. I will not put up the DDM server as it is redundant.

IP: