This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   New Master Release Coming Soon!
LDA
Administrator
posted July 26, 2001 08:40 PM            
Tom's putting together a new master. It will likely be called 1.6.1 and there will be an upgrade patch.

Matrix has prevailed with a request for a chat interface....

Also, we'd like to....<cough>...will be adding a new bit of code that prevents the tanks from flipping over onto their backs....<why?> Because, we've been playing with much higher gravity, friction and tank acceleration and like what we see....The config will be set so that the new anti-flip feature can be disabled....<so no complaining now >

I'd love to put in the moving treads and trees...but no way at this stage....

Any additional "reasonable" requests? going once...going....<the usually time shortage will apply>

Jim

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 26, 2001 08:54 PM            
WOOHOOO.. Sounds great JIM. But, I think I speak for at least half the community when I say we want some sort of boot/ban option on the next upgrade. A vote boot would be good, just something besides a server side boot option.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 26, 2001 09:56 PM            
In the maps a Map called Random Map would be wonderful. So that it woud randomly select the map. or maybe random data (this is a BIG maybe) and maybe even Random tank (Big maybe but not big as maybe as hte first big maybe) pretty please

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 26, 2001 11:05 PM            
Yes,a boot/ban feature is long overdue

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 26, 2001 11:27 PM            
JIM where are you? Where did you go

::looks around::

hehe, you did ask for "additional" requests

IP:

Neo
posted July 27, 2001 03:12 AM            
Darn... ::half sarcasm:: one of my favorite things in TM is being able to drive around upside-down. I think I still have screenshots from when Robu1 was driving around upside-down for roughly a minute and a half... I was hysterical; my abs still hurt. Ahh, thanks for the memories guys.

IP:

Rex R
posted July 27, 2001 04:21 AM            
up to now I have not found that upside down tanks to be a problem. inconvenient at times but not really a prob. will admit that the mite is more prone to getting stuck in that position. suggestion(s) would like the random map in single player(as an option)ladder ddm? also kinda like to see chat macros (stock chat msg.s like; yes,no, need help...for those of us who are slow typers).

IP:

oli2808
posted July 27, 2001 06:50 AM            
The only things i wanna see in tm now are more tanks,weapons or maps - anything along those lines

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 27, 2001 06:56 AM         
reasonable(?):
An option for dedicated servers to dump a different game log for each game played, preferably using the system time at the end of that game as a file name or sth. and containing some info about the game rules, too, like frag limit, time limit and map played. If the other contents of that file were kept identical to those of the standard dedicated log for that timespan, the game analysts among us might have a great new toy...
If you want really happy ppl, add a time-tag to every event in the game logs...

unreasonable(?):
A way to dl mods from a third party file server if connecting players don't have them... That's not a reasonable request, I know, but now that TMapper is public, I'm really interested in having that
A way to see the names of the people playing on the servers without having to enter the games...

IP:

swisher
posted July 27, 2001 09:38 AM            
Request:

Quick-and-dirty: Display a message from the dedicated.cfg file when a player connects to a modded server without all of the required mods.

Detailed-explanation: Add a new line to the dedicated.cfg file; perhaps: SyncErrorMessage = "Server operator supplied text". If Tread Marks detects that a required file is not found, he shows the text in this new field. The text can be quite long -- fully explaining how to get the mod(s) required. Example:
SyncErrorMessage = "To play on this game server, you must download and install the mods included in mod-pack SoAndSoKursplatt. You can download this mod at www.bzworld.com/SoAndSoKursplatt.zip. Follow the instructions contined in the HowToUnzip.txt file to install the mods. Close Tread Marks, download and install the mod(s), and then come back and join the game."
[Edit]Hyperlink to mod file is mere text in-game.

Justification: There's nothing more frustrating for a newbie than going to a populated server only to see nothing. Because nothing is what you see when you are missing textures, meshes, etc. I would imagine that the impression a newbie is left with is that the game doesn't work.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited July 27, 2001).]

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 27, 2001 01:04 PM            
More CTF maps might be nice

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 27, 2001 01:28 PM         
*shouts woo-hoo and pumps fist*
How about the ability to have multiple Addon Folders and the option to select folders from an ingame menu (maybe even in the server menu).

So, are TM sales picking up? Signs of life are encouraging Throw us a bone and we will do all sorts of tricks for TM.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 27, 2001 05:10 PM            
Boot ban feature and more commands available for tank construction! A more extensive and possibly step by step on building weapons and tanks tutorials. Hopefully these idea's aren't unreasonable yet. }:-P

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

oli2808
posted July 27, 2001 06:52 PM            
yeh, what about something like a create-a-tank option of some sort? - is that do-able?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 28, 2001 04:04 AM            
if vote ban/boot isn't to your liking how about these 2 other ideas

1.)A way to find out the isp# of individuals.
2.)A way for server ops to put our IP#s onto a list giving us the ability to boot/ban.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 28, 2001 10:58 AM            
Just dawned on me a little something we have all noticed I think.
When too many add-ons are installed, TM starts garbling the audio. Doing something that will allow TM to handle more addon files would be a HUGE help to all of us. I would like to have as many mods as I find installed, and not have to hear one wave over and over and over.
If you folks haven't run into this problem @ LDA yet, give almost any of us that have played with the scads of addons available a holler. We can let you have even more detail of what goes on.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

KONG
posted July 28, 2001 04:03 PM            
a little off topic. could u guys put up an official demo server?

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 28, 2001 05:55 PM         
A pretty small wish, perhaps...
Could you hardcode a timeout for dropped pickups so they disappear after a time?
Maybe even let the spawn points cycle through the available pickups very slowly (~ one change every minute).

IP:

oli2808
posted July 28, 2001 06:33 PM            
lorddrow - Yeh, thats exactly the problem i run into.I keep getting the same audio file repeating over and over again - very annoying !!!!!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 28, 2001 10:57 PM            
guys if u knew the pressue over at lda you wouldnt push so hard, i know a lot of stuff needs doing - but ease up a touch, all in good time. Jim will have more news soon, as imprivvy to things in the pipeline (lips sealed 4 now till they become definate)- despite saying thyre working bloody hard for yall.

Swisher - a new project 4 u now that entegrity is as perfect as it ever can be

hows about a Mod Manager - the ability to turn things on and off simply by a click tick interface and adding "NULL" after the class - eg.

Class = racetanknull
Type = JimM1

would turn off the tank see. maybe a good thing maybe not - chew it over. see what u think.

IP:

KONG
posted July 29, 2001 11:56 AM            
this is an easy one, put yhe f12 screenshot back in for the new people?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 29, 2001 01:46 PM            
and lets learn from the past and let us try 1.6.1 before you release the new version to websites at least a day or 2. So we can check for those pesky bugs.

IP:

Nemzad
posted July 29, 2001 05:35 PM         
Sounds Great!!!
I would like to see some sort of numbered grid on the radar. This would help locate teammates ect. It could be set to toggle on and off.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 30, 2001 11:52 AM         
Word, coax. Jim, please let us burn in the new version to make sure that it is solid on multiple computers.

I second what Kong sez about an official Demo server.

IP:

peeeto
posted July 31, 2001 09:04 PM         
my $0.02 (and hopefully not too hard to implement):

i love the (relatively) new option to spawn particular objects (weapons & tanks) at certain locations... but the tanks end up being dummies, like on the training maps.

i would like the ability to be able to spawn certain types of tanks (on a specified team) at certain locations. think defensive pillboxes, for example !

glad to hear things are still cookin' at LDA, Jim - we'll do our best to support you!

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2