|
Author Topic:   Get Tread Marks is still running message?
swisher
posted July 25, 2001 11:36 PM            
I was having trouble exiting from Tread Marks 1.6.0; I'd leave Tread Marks and get a dark screen followed by a pitch white screen. I'd then Ctl+Alt+Del to "End Task" on Tread Marks.

So I uninstalled Tread Marks 1.6.0 and re-installed 1.5.0 from CD-ROM. When I run 1.5.0 and then exit, everything seems okay (I don't get the white screen anymore). When I go back into Tread Marks by double-clicking its icon, I get a message that says "Tread Marks is already running!" I then do a Ctl+Alt+Del to bring up the task manager and see Tm in the task list. I have to "End Task" on the Tm task before I can re-start Tread Marks.

I tried applying the 1.5 to 1.6 patch, but the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited July 25, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted July 26, 2001 12:23 AM            
opengl problem?

IP:

JVortex
posted July 26, 2001 01:54 AM            
either dont play full screen or exit full screen mode back to windowed before exiting the game (F8).

IP:

swisher
posted July 26, 2001 08:47 AM            
I'll try F8. Wierd, because I've been running TM for 1.75 years wthout this problem. I also notifed something really wierd: I went into game options/Misc and my NetRate was at 1338484585686847K. I tried to change it, but it only changed the last two digits of the huge number. I'm going to check my registry.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 26, 2001 01:30 PM            
WHOA LOL. im sorry, maybe im wrong, but, wouldn't you need like 1k t.3 connections or something to run a cpu that fast? you might be able to cahnge it in hte cfg file in the treadmarks folder. I think i remember seeing netreate in there, or amybe i was wrong......

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 26, 2001 11:11 PM            
I've had the same problem before Swisher.Mine got bad enough that Ctrl-Alt-Delete wouldn't help either.It would crash my computer and sometimes cause explorer to crash if it didn't totally lock down my comp.It definantly has to do with video drivers,but I've never put my finger on the cause.For some reason the last time I installed everything worked fine and I'm able to ALT-Tab out of the game again.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 28, 2001 10:49 PM            
i also get this now - i just F8 to window mode and click the famous "X" - seems the only easy way to quit properly.

IP: