|
Author Topic:   4 New Maps...
Random Chaos
posted July 25, 2001 07:52 PM            
Well...plus or minus - 2 may have changes yet.

I've posted these in the mod forum:
- Post 159

3 of these feature terrain that does damage - real fun to play using CTF as a result! The last is a DM map that still has bugs...of which the files are so intertwined that it may take hours to fix and I'm not willing to devote that time right now so I'm releasing it as is.

--Random Chaos

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 25, 2001 08:37 PM            
what would happen if you started digging holes and one reached the water level...... would that be acid/lava/poisonous?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 25, 2001 10:32 PM            
ohohohohohohohoh when you touch the water green sparks colud fly outa it and maybe some green smoke And maybe even turn the tank green

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 25, 2001 10:51 PM            
btw rc how'd you get a map editor you make one?

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 26, 2001 12:54 AM            
From what I have gathered, he has access to all of LDA's development tools for TM Gold.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

Random Chaos
posted July 30, 2001 05:37 PM            
Dudymas: Damage is based on the texture. The water is one texture. The land is another 3 (including the pillars are a different texture...so on Acid and Poison if you remove the spires you can stand "reletively" safely there. You just have to hope a spew doesn't hit you ). As I'm sure you know from FTnCD when you raise water it stays the same texture...so the damage zones aren't effected by height changes (especially since I test maps on FTnCD )

One thing of interest though: If land gets above water level you can sit still and not get damage (only when you move are you hurt). But under water level you are hurt even when staying still!

----------------

Goldand/Lord Drow: Yes, I have access to LDA's tools becuase for several months I worked for them. But I can't distribute them to others. If you want to try map making, Dreamer has just released an early alpha of his java based map editor.

--RC

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 31, 2001 12:22 AM            
can't we all put big smiles on our faces and ask jim really really nicely pretty please *stills wants to make a map of a section of california highway system lol* be interesting*

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 31, 2001 12:24 AM            
^
^
^>>> Argh forgot what i wanted to say to you, Rc i've alrady icq'd you about this but i don't think you've seen it yet. All the zip files for the maps say #BAD FILE #1 and so on all way to 14 or soemthing. not good you got me wanting maps so bad and now i can't ahve them it could break a poor ants heart ya know Rc is lda going to release there map makin thingy

IP: