|
Author Topic:   EMERGENCY CALLING DUDY! TOADSTOOLS, VENUS FLY TRAPS HELP
GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 25, 2001 02:21 AM            
DUDY!!!!! WHER ARE YOU THERES UNGROUND TOADSTOOLS GROWING RIGHT UNDER OEN OF MY VENUS FLY TRAPS NO WONDER ITS BROWN NOW!!!! Its the green one (was green) That lays flat with Acid on its leaves. Now its just really fuzy!! BUT I STILL Don't WANNA CUDDLE UP WITH IT AT NIGHT (whoa to many caps there) dudy how do i get mushrooms out from underneath it? if i start diggin well who knows what'll happen. I think some of the toadstools may be attached onto the plant ITSELF! I don't know much about mushroomeys but,,,,, there gonna kill it dudy ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh Its comepltely brown and shrivieling up fsater and faster. And this is the one that was leading in catching flys whaaaa Its got 4 on its own 0 from me They land on the leaf and can't get off

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 25, 2001 03:56 AM            
Another attack from the Firstone's people or what?

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 25, 2001 04:22 PM            
whos firestones,,,, and super how do you remove toadstools safely from Plants HELP

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 25, 2001 05:34 PM            
Hmmmmm.Did you try using the purple aardvark?I hear they like toadstools.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 25, 2001 08:27 PM            
*rolls back sleeves* Okay, you usually generalize on plants with "fly trap" as the leading term. I must know what the species is your talking about. Was it the red dragon venus flytrap, rossetted venus flytrap, the drosera binata dichromata 'extrema', or is it something else you didn't mention in the e-mails. In either case, if it just started growing fuzz out of no where then that means the fungus is skewering the cells and sucking the life out of em' (your plant is dead) but if it's the drosera (sundew) then prolly the thing is just disquieted for some reason and is refusing to put out dew. IN ANY CASE don't touch the roots (disturb them) until the plant is dormant. What I suggest is some anti-fungal spray. Also, go to the carnivorous plant FAQ website

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 25, 2001 08:35 PM            
WAIT... I have a better suggestion... is the plant ENTIRELY BROWN? If so, it's dead, BUT GET RID OF THE POT... you don't want that fungus killing anything else. This is a FREAK thing, somehow a fungus just happened to get it while it was readjusting to your climate and thusly a little weak. I would suggest give all the other plants extra care and the second they start going even a LITTLE fuzzy... NUKE EM' (the fungus, that is, with some fungicide... but like I said, go to the FAQ and make sure you get a fungicide that won't kill the plants). Let me repeat something as I know I've e-mailed it many times prolly and I already typed it on this post maybe... once you get the plants situated into your climate, they kick !()&$%_!&($% and can get really hardy in some places (sundews grow from tropical climates to Canada... so get a Drosera Capensis if this plant dies and I'm doubly sure that this thing won't die in CA, although it has been known to become a weed in some environments and especially to fellow carnivorous plants). Anyhoo, just don't buy a heliamphora or a nepenthes until you have either gotten super good at growin them or you have a green house and a lot of money to keep buying until you get one to stay alive which shouldn't be too hard in a green house (worth it too since the heliamphora can catch hummingbirds if they are the right size and nepenthes gigantia easily eats chipmunks, mwahahahahahahahah).

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 25, 2001 08:44 PM            
Aha!!! got it..... try these fungicides in order of best (I assume):
Captan
Domain
3336 Cleary

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 25, 2001 10:40 PM            
*Starts attacking super with an over sized ardvark* Super, as i've said once i'll say again. I didn't have anything to do with firestone, i bearly know who they r i just rembered as i was writeing this post. Dudy, its not the red dragon, and its not growing fuzzz really. I mean the leaves are fuzzy cause they've always been fuzy with acid. Now the acid's gone so there just fuzzy. Theres a TINEY bit of green left. Bearly,. One of the leaves that was rotting away revealed an underground cavern sorta under the plant lol. I haven't touch the plant or the pot. But i looked in threw top, and WHOA Mushrooms toadstools and ewwwwwwwww who knows what else is goriwng all over that cave. Unless its going dormat i think the little guys gone ;( And he caught the most flys to

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 27, 2001 01:05 PM            
Oh, so it is the "extrema" unless you have another sundew. Well... there was a 'cave' or subterranean fungal dwelling..... that explains it. Well, is it red or brown. RED or BROWN? btw. it seems they are known to maybe die off before growing back. I'd like it if you kept the thing just to make sure. I've had mine loose leaves and grow three new ones or so in place of two. Don't worry too much, they are easy to cultivate so as long as you have at least ONE LIVING leaf. You snip the leaf off at where it branches and the tentacles appear. Now, lay the leafs tentacle side up and secure them by putting a little wet soil on either end and put a clear lid over them to keep HIGH moisture. Now, put them in bright but INDIRECT sunlight (no roating your plants, just give them light without heat. The leaf will start to grow new plantlets in a little while. The problem is that this has to be a happy, dewy leaf. You told me the leafs have no dew. My suggestion is make sure they aren't too hot, too moist (70% is the dew point I grow mine at) and make sure that the little things definitely DON'T have any air pockets ("caves" as you call them) in the soil... make SURE this time. Now, you can also try to take a healthy root (I suggest you do this only when you HAVE to because the plants sound like they're really having a hard time)which is any root that's black bodied with white tips all over it and snip it into two inch segments and lay it horizantaly two inches down or so (but make sure it still has some soil beneath it) into some soil, put a lid on the thing to keep in moisture, and put it in very bright light without making it a pressure cooked veggie. In serveral weeks plantlets will show and you can pot them after a few leaves are growing (remember what I mean here, you will see a stem, but the thing will come out as a fiddle head or like a curled strip of paper... after a three or so of these show their tentacles from unrolling, give it some fresher air and hopefully it will turn into a mature plant pretty quickly). Mainly here, if there are still growing petioles (fiddle heads), and the other petioles which have (maybe) dead leaves are just dark red, then your plant will probably pull through. Okay, gtg. GET THE "SAVAGE GARDEN" and you won't have to ask me these things. The thing is worth every species you could buy (and remember that some nepenthes go for 100 bucks) and besides... I'm not perfect, I can't show examples, I can't give every answer, but that book will probably be able to, whether by showing it itself or giving a reference to another book or online website. Here's the CP FAQ website for you:

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 27, 2001 01:06 PM            
doh, here's the site: www.sarracenia.com

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 27, 2001 01:13 PM            
dudy dudy its not the tenticle plant. Its the one that is supposed to be green and lies there day and night with no actaivey at all whatsoever. The one with the Tenticles died already, but surpsieingly its grown back the dead parts of itself. The long tall stem which i suppose keeps seom sorta nector in it to attract flys.... anyways, its not red.... nor has it ever been. its the small little one with acidy leafs that stick flys to itself

IP:

A2597
posted July 27, 2001 10:45 PM            
nope...
that last was just a joke gone out of hand and to far...

this is just GA#1...

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 31, 2001 08:43 PM            
Oh, it's a butterwort then. EGAD, don't describe them, just ell me what it is, look at some pictures at sarracenia.com and tell me which plant it looks like ~@)*$%~_(&@%~(@&%(&@! ahhhhhhh, that felt better. I'm okay now. So I take it your talking about the butterwort... in which case I have no idea which species it is and that is going to make me say one thing..... I have no idea until either there is a picture or you get a professional in your area to look at it and let him tell me what's wrong. This is very annoying, but can I ask you to PLEASE try to not make your next post a single sentence and try as hard as possible to say exactly what is happening to which SPECIES of plant (nunna this 'the fuzzy leafed plant' stuff) and I can help you a bunch. So far all I can say is just buy "The Savage Garden." In fact, I'm so sure that's your only hope that I'm almost thinking of sending you my copy of it except that I need it just as much *grins*. So, until you give me a better idea of what plant you're referring to, I can only say," BUY THE BOOK NOOOOOOOOW YOU STEEEENKIN' FOOL!!! PERIOD!"

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted August 01, 2001 10:28 PM            
errrrrr dudy i have one n a half words for you it dead! AHHH AHHHHHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its a brown bunch a used to be acid covered leaves whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ;( ( this is bad ITS DEAD! AS IN NOT LIVING And Dudyy For Pern Mangband Olorin's gonna reset the server Mutliple Dungeons towns........... YUM YUM YUM YUM YUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only problem is. I finally got me alevel 50 character. And im not a king! And i learned just how fun 2 polymorph rods can be when soembodys makeing fun of you And there about 30 levels higher. ZAP! *AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* * YOU TURNED ME INTO A FRUIT BAT!! CAHNGE ME BACK OR ELSE* say your sorry and when you a fruit bat.......... you only have 2 hp so really people shouldn't be yelling at you except that they drop all there eq when they are socalled batted

IP:

peeeto
posted August 02, 2001 10:58 AM         
LOL - Dudy almost sounded mature when he first replied to GA#1's little problem... i think our little Dudy is growing up!

that's cool that you guys are into these carniverous plants. i used to grow bansai - until i killed most of 'em & sold the rest (because they have to be watered almost every day). now i stick to hearty plants that i plant in my back yard (i LOVE owning a house... besides the freedom, i spent at least $60,000 in rent alone between 1991 and 1999. what a waste!)

uh oh - i'm babbling now. to much coffee too fast .

note: these discussions are fun, but let's try to keep these off-topic items in the 'General' forum, ok? i'll try to do the same

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 04, 2001 11:03 AM            
If you live in the US... I'll be able to find a sundew for you, and all you need to do is put a hose near it and leave it dripping, not running out with water but just dripping, and you'll have tons of em in no time... especially if you live in Florida or some of the ones that can grow in New York or canada grow well some times. Also I bet you could plant some cobra lilies. Of course, I could prolly send the cobra lilies for free but I think the sundews would have to be purchased (very cheap tho, since they're all grown in test tubes and flasks now-a-days). Also, GEVERYONE MUST GO TO ZAGI.COM and buy a zagi. They are SUPER heavy duty planes that you can crash into each other and assemble in just 3 or so hours (that includes gluing time, so it's actually less work than you think) and you can put astro brushless motors in them and run them into walls and they fly just as well still. If you put a carbon arrow spar into them you can even nose dive them a hundred times I assum before they crash and you can get gliders or propeller powered ones. Fun fun fun fun fun. The propeller ones are about 135 bucks but the gliders work just as well if you can throw them hard enough and they cost 45 bucks. fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun. Okay, I must finish typing here... bye bye, and try one if you can... they are fun planes that you can fly into parents and sisters and mother-in-laws and cars of neighbors you don't like because they're all made of epoxy foams. Okay, now I'll be mature for peeeeeeto *cough*

IP: