This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3  |
Author Topic:   "official" DDM next Sunday? (07/28) at 8:00 EST?
Paranor
posted July 23, 2001 07:51 AM            
I believe this was brought up somewhere on having an official DDM this coming Sunday but to help coax read more BB postings I thought I should create a new topic.

So, are we on? Who can attend?

IP:

synack
posted July 23, 2001 09:24 AM         
I'll be there.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2001 11:10 AM            
im laggy as a twangband, but ill attend i still get frezing so dont be surprised if my tank stops in mid ar, wobbles a bit and explodes, it will take 5 mins ro reboot. but ill come back (forward apology).

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 23, 2001 11:20 AM            
i can come i think my cpu freezes and boots me out including off the internet then i get error messages so bad i restart it cause its faster than to clear um

IP:

=DNX=goku
posted July 23, 2001 11:30 AM            
I might be there but i dont know what where doing this weekend so i'll try my best to get there

------------------
KameHaMeHa boom!!! you all are gone hehe

IP:

swisher
posted July 23, 2001 11:52 AM            
I should be able to make it.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 23, 2001 12:17 PM            
If I am available I will be there. As of now I have nothing planned that will prevent my appearance (ah some more meat for the good - ah make that lucky tank killers - maybe some day I will learn how to turn that turret or watch the radar more closely - yea that's the ticket!! Hummm maybe I should change my name to Radar O'Reilley - that might help)

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 23, 2001 01:32 PM            
I'm there. Or will be barring some severe catastrophic failing of the biospehere, or a meteor suddenly decides to veer from its current to one that will bring it into direct contact with our pretty little planet.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 23, 2001 02:17 PM            
I'll be there 2

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 23, 2001 02:40 PM         
I will be there unless i can't make it

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

Hunter
posted July 23, 2001 07:37 PM            
Yes I will try to be there. My interest has been renewed since the addition of the Star Trek Mods. Love those mods. How long till I can get a Klingon Bird of Prey or a Borg Cube? How about the Delta Flyer. See you there.

------------------
Stop the gibber jabber I Need Work! =DNX= Hunter

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 23, 2001 07:57 PM            
A busted joystick (no snickers!!!) won't stop me.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 23, 2001 08:27 PM            
lol - sailor, you asking to be M*A*S*H'd ?

IP:

TurdHeart
posted July 23, 2001 10:01 PM            
Yeah baybee - this canuck'll be there!
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/reavie/treadmarks/oops_cluster.jpg

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted July 24, 2001 11:55 AM            
No Matrix - I am only saying I probably need eyes in the back of my head too. I get involved sometimes and do not look at the radar when I should be keeping an eye on it. No sneak attacks from behind, but lack of watching for those lurking behind me. I do not practice as Coax does so my game is much less than perfect, although I do get Coax pretty good sometimes - LOL. No offense Coax but you are a good level of player to work toward as is SuperUnknown, Weatherman and many others to numerous to mention. Forgive me for leaving anyone out that is a good player - which is most all regulars and some of the new people I have seen.

------------------
May you always have a following Sea and the comfort of those you hold nearest to your heart.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 24, 2001 01:18 PM         
Thanks Sailor - on behalf of myself and the other players with big, strokable egos :P (is that a word and can i use it in a public BBS?)

Turns out that I might not make it to the DDM. My new dialup connects at the blazing speed of 7kbs! I like a challenging game but I also like the ability to move .

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 24, 2001 01:48 PM         
coward.

IP:

oli2808
posted July 24, 2001 01:54 PM            
yeh i'll be there

----------------------------------------
i gotta keep the british flag in the sky

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 24, 2001 02:14 PM         
Hehe- you are right, it takes a brave soul to sit immobilized and get rogered by everyone. Ah, no. maybe in prison but not in a game. I tried to play on the demo server last night and there was about a 15 sec lag between holding down the space bar and a shot coming out of the turret. I am shopping around for a new isp, so maybe I will be able to show.

EDIT: LB, what is your isp and connection speed? Texas.net sucks eggs.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 24, 2001).]

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 24, 2001 03:48 PM            
Weather,

Don't look here for isp help. I still use the Univ. Telesys isp which is as fast as watching grass grow in the Texas summer--YOU know I mean! (I never get over 6-8K/sec transfer rate.) I was pondering getting "Roadrunner" the cable modem hookup, so that I can watch the "Hitler" (i.e. History) Channel--yes, I'm a documentary nut--while I surf the net. I hear it's fast. But I need to figure out how much it costs. I'm already dropping almost $50/month on cable. Giving $100/month to Time-Warner seems steep to me. Damn cable monopolies!

Viva la revolucion!
--lb

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 24, 2001 03:58 PM         
Really? How do you play? I couldn't even move when I tried it. I had netrate at 2. are there other tweaks?

Roadrunner is soooooooo very sweet. It is $40/month if you set up an EFT. My new apt uses some no-name cable company with no cable modem (yet). I actually fell asleep waiting for pages to load last night. I am hurting! I have just started looking around for a DSL provider. I am afraid of getting screwed though - I have heard bad things about DSL customer service. One thing, though, if you get the cable modem, you will never be able to tolerate a dialup again...Mwahahahahohahoohooboohoohoo *snif*

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 24, 2001 04:45 PM            
I plan other activities to do in tandem with online play--like writing my dissertation or reading "War and Peace." I just grin and bear it I guess. I've learned to take getting "rogered" (as you call it) with a tranquil forebearance that Buddha might envy. I figure that when I get a good connection, it will be like removing ankle weights. With this attitude, I should be the Carl Lewis (or a better comparison might be the Rocky Balboa?) of the TM community...I let you pummel me for 10 rounds or so, and when Coax, Robu, Paranor, or Neo are all tired from kicking my @ss, I turn around and deliver a few well-placed lightning blows (wh/a good isp will help deliver) and rocket to the top of the DDM boards. Patience...that's the ticket. Let those others wallow in their superiority for a mere 3-5 months and then (whammo!)I win a match.

ADRIENNE!!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 24, 2001 07:12 PM            
gor the record i connect via a 36.6 connection and I still do some serious damage. Imagine me with high speed internet.

IP:

KONG
posted July 24, 2001 09:57 PM            
and where will we have this ddm?

IP:

Paranor
posted July 24, 2001 10:59 PM            
EVERYONE: I've working with SKAN on hosting the server but that is still in progress so please watch this post for more details. Sounds like a lot are going to play. WAHOO!

Lordbyron - I have TimeWarner cable with their cable modem. I have digital cable and I was able to save $10 on my cable modem becasue of it. However, they didn't tell me - I had to ask. GRRR! So nag and ask questions - I was able to trim $18 off my monthly bill by "consolidating" what I have. BUT ONLY AFTER *I* CALLED. Not sure what they offer in your state/area.

Weatherman, you are a brave soul to go from cable to dial-up. Can you at least get ISDN?

IP:

This topic is 3 pages long:   1  2  3