|
Author Topic:   Is DirectX 8 safe?
swisher
posted July 20, 2001 10:12 AM            
When DX8 first came out, people had a lot of trouble with it. Does anyone know if it is stable yet?

Thanks,

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

blandy
posted July 20, 2001 10:43 AM            
I have it on and I haven't had N E problems?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 20, 2001 02:51 PM            
I've had problems with DX since 7.Could be becasue my video card(3DFX) dosen't support DX 8.

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 20, 2001 03:17 PM            
Hehehee, I remember this. That last version check we had someone had to be sacrificed to check, it was horrible, and they could only reinstall windows. Well, I HAD to install it onto my grandparents computer and I have been able to play Spheres of Chaos quite well and warheads works pretty well..... okay, so it's running slow obviously because of the software. When I select another app, the game runs super smooth like, but when I try to play, as soon as I select the window the thing lurches. So, looking at how TM doesn't seem to have a directx option anymore, I have no idea, but it doesn't look good anyhow. :-P

------------------

IP:

swisher
posted July 20, 2001 06:40 PM            
Okay. I'm not going to do it. I'm afraid. Thanks.

------------------
Swisher - Check out ENTegrety for mods.
BWL/MG

IP:

Kaeto
posted July 20, 2001 06:46 PM            
I've had good results with DirectX 8.1, though 8.0 was awful.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 21, 2001 08:31 AM            
here it is in a nutshell - if ur upgrading from 6 or 7, it will be unbstable.

if u meade a fresh drive format and install of windows, as a first dx install it will be more stable than..... well...... a stable thing with legs really !

i like it.

my 2p.

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 22, 2001 09:39 PM            
Well, you say "unbstable" but do you mean that as an abbreviation (or abrv. if you like to abbreviate "abbreviate") for Un-"b"-stable or unbeastable. In which case, taking my own def. of beastable, that would be VERY good. Also, the "2p" at the end should be either "two coppers" or "Two cents" or "2 c." AFAIK unless you want to say (or mean) "two paragraphs" or "two pints" or... well... I could go on. Anyhoo, I won't go into the word "meade" unless you're talking about that company that manufactures school and office supplies. Oh, and I hope you enjoyed this half as much as I enjoyed making it, in which case I enjoyed it TWICE as much as you, hahahahahahahah.

My Two cents/Two coppers/2 centavos (just kidding)/2 c.

------------------

IP: