|
Author Topic:   ATTN: Robu and Group
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 16, 2001 01:26 AM            
Robu said something about LDA lowering the price when TM for the PS2 comes out....we may not have to wait that long.... check out this price! http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=644228

------------------
Mod Packs,Weekly Polls,Links, and Other Files...Storage/Download

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 16, 2001 05:19 AM            
**** that means, they just want to get rid of the game

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 16, 2001 05:19 AM            
well next time someone complains about the price just say its only 5 bucks

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 16, 2001 05:19 PM            
is the pc version of TM done for?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????! if lda's just getting rid of pc copys like that does it mean they aren't gonna make anymore? *crys* is lda going outa business?

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 16, 2001 07:25 PM         
Don't think so...
But the original TM is getting quite old by gaming industry and reseller standards, plus they apparently still try to sell the aaagame version - just leftovers.

AFAIK, LDA are still struggling(?) to find an appropriate publisher and should be working on updated and souped-up versions of TM for both PC and PS2 - do a search for Jim latest posts and look at the latest development screenshots in the screeshots section of the main TM page.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 17, 2001 02:15 AM            
oh yeah, I rember they are gonna put 3d trees in and bushs and moving treads

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 17, 2001 02:18 AM            
Also, if thats really 5 bucks im going striught to some of my freinds to get them to buy TM. I know they would love it. About a year ago when i started playing around with the demo on march 20th when i donwloaded it i had soem of my freinds try the multiplayer thing with me online they all loved it so maybe we might be seeing 2-3 more people online in the forums.

IP:

Robu1
posted July 18, 2001 12:09 AM            
No Super, I didn't say anything about any price, I was just predicting TM's increasing popularity when the PS2 version comes out. Although that price is pretty wacky for any PC game .

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 18, 2001 12:52 AM            
are you sure thats the price? or is that soem kind of shipping thing. I STILL can't beleive that it'd go for 5 bucks

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted July 18, 2001 05:04 AM            
Wow! .....not a penny will be seen by us....

.... and it's fully upgradable to the current release....quite a good deal indeed...

Jim

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 18, 2001 01:14 PM            
Now wait a minute Jim, are you saying you folks aren't getting anything from sales of the AAA version of TM? Well that just flat out sucks. I don't like the idea of that myself.

{M}{M}LordDrow

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2001 02:38 PM            
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? (!&#$^)(&!$(^#!*^
*turns guns away from Microsoft*
Okay, just when you thought it would be easy to pick your target, this complicates stuff. And I so much wanted to program games, but what happens when you get good at it and the games are super awesome..... someone kicks you off your gaming altar and another takes all the profit. RARARARARARAR!!! Oh well, I'm sure I'm wrong and Jim will have a hopeful reply here... RIGHT?!?!?!?!?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 18, 2001 03:22 PM         
Now, how did Gamespot get these games? Did AAA give them to Gamespot for pennies once their deal with LDA fell through, or did they buy them legitimately when AAA was publising for LDA? The first sucks because LDA never saw a penny. The second is okay because LDA would have gotten paid, albiet in the past. Which is it?

Is it possible for LDA to get gamespot to stop selling those versions - i.e. buy them all up for $1 per game or something? I just emailed gamespot to see how many they have in stock.

IP:

Neo
posted July 18, 2001 04:03 PM            
Sounds to me like one of my Uncle Vinny's "special deals", if you know what I mean, heh.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 19, 2001 02:29 AM         
Well, turns out it is almost one of those falls out of a truck deals. LDA doesn't get and hasn't gotten anything for those copies. Lets not advertise this cheap source - LDA needs and deserves to get some coin back for this excellent game. Use the source if you need to, but try to let this thread drift down into the archives.

IP: