|
Author Topic:   invis tank
Rex R
posted July 15, 2001 02:41 PM            
number of us were on skan's ddm server(pinnacle) and we encountered an invisible tank. no name, didn't show on radar. I suppose it could have been a 'ghost' from when =dnx=nukem changed tanks, or when Kong was trying to connect... strange to be driving along and run into something invisible(with appropreate sound effects)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 16, 2001 11:17 AM            
Someone told me, im not sure who, maybe JVortex, that if tm cant locate the lwo or luv file for a tank it puts an invisible one in whose flag looks like the tanks having a nervous fit !

I got this error a while back, fresh install and reinstall of the tanks cured it.

IP:

JVortex
posted July 16, 2001 01:17 PM            
yup, thats what it is. its TM not being able to find the lwo file for whatever tank it is. pretty much the same effect as logging into a server thats running a tank you dont have installed. TM knows theres a tank there somewhere, but without the lwo info it has no clue how to apply physics to it and just goes all spastic.

if this is happening with a stock tank it would be a lot easier to reinstall on the server rather than try to track down the problem. the only easy way i can think of to track it down easily would be to, on the server, go thru the list of tanks (on the tank selection screen) one at a time and make sure that they all display.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 16, 2001 02:01 PM         
Shouldn't that show in the logs?

IP:

Rex R
posted July 16, 2001 02:15 PM            
and here I thought it was like the server/clients missing an ingame tank update (note this tank didn't show on radar and had no flag) IMO it were just a glitch. it sorted itself out during the map change. we had 1 person trying to connect/disconect etc. and 1 changing tanks (think the server missed something in the midst of all that) and left an 'nonvis' tank from one of those. I'ld worry if it had not corrected itself once the map changed(sorta like the ai-tank 128)

IP: