|
Author Topic:   TM out of stock and digital river doesn't pick up!!!
Fury!
posted July 12, 2001 05:12 PM         
OK, so I played the 1.5 demo until my fingers bled and then I downloaded the 1.6 demo and played that whenever I could find some poor soul running a demo server with real people playing... Then I ordered 1.6... I got a "it's backordered" message 2-3 weeks later without an ETD... I got no response from Digital River when I emailed them to ask for an ETD... and I sit on hold waiting on the 1-800 number for hours without a pick-up... What gives!!!!???

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 12, 2001 07:19 PM         
That does suck, Fury. It must be an indication that the game is taking off. I will see if i can get some info for you from LDA. Welcome to TM anyway. It is great to see new blood

------------------
The Weatherman
The Weatherman's Generic Homepage
Now with stuff!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 12, 2001 07:34 PM         
Fury and others - here is the word from Jim:

So in other word - the ETA is pretty soon

------------------
The Weatherman
Now with stuff!

IP:

Fury!
posted July 13, 2001 08:55 AM         
Thanks for the speedy response... The woman that I finally got through to just yesterday (right after posting my flame ironically enough) told me that "yes, sir, your order is in backorder status" followed by "no, sir, we have absolutely no idea what the ETA is and have no way to find out". So then I came back with "well how do I know that you are ever going to get a shipment? If you are going to get one this week I'll wait. If I have to wait a month or more then I want to cancel my order..." to which she replied "sir, we serve over 10,000 vendors and there is no way to keep track of shipments from all of them"... I forgot that computers are only good for sending email... AARGGHHH!!! I guess I'll just have to wait and vent on some unsuspecting tank when my copy finally arrives.

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 14, 2001 01:27 AM            
I had similar frustration when I ordered my copy, but it only took 2 weeks for arrival. What I wish, granted TM is large, but many companies I deal with allow you to download the software online. Why not let people download the entire version while they are waiting for the cd to arrive?

500mb is a bit to transfer, but for the people with broadband, it is a completly possible notion. You could even charge an extra $2 to let someone "express download it" to offset the additional bandwidth costs.

I hope your wait isn't too much longer, Fury .. but its deffinatly worth the wait.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 19, 2001 02:24 AM         
I got word from a buddy of mine from demoland that he got his copy in the mail today. So, they be shipping. Be sure to give the new guy some friendly frags - names BACKUP or Gambler

------------------
The Weatherman
Now with stuff!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 19, 2001 10:42 AM            
once the bz3 mod is out on the magazine coverdisks we should see an upsurge in new players from the uk.

Once the bz3 mod is available on the DMF website we can also look forward to many more buyers stateside from existing bz1 and bz2 clans.

Ill put a demo out soon with 1 map and 2 tanks, that should keep people going for a while.

Also a solution is ill be providing it on cd for those without internet access at home, and hopefully if jims deliberations are finished ill be taking orders for TM directly on the DMF website via the PayPal system.

We do what we can.....

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 19, 2001 11:23 AM         
Awesome, Rixy

IP:

Blah1234
posted July 20, 2001 09:42 PM            
hey guys, i'm new around here ... i just "recently" bought the tread marks full version, it's great. but DON'T try to buy the game through Digital River!!! not only is the game backordered, they ignored my emails for about 2 weeks. it was hard enough to get them to cancel my order. once i finally did manage to get the thing cancelled, i ordered the game at www.gamestop.com. not only was the game in stock and ready to ship, it only cost $9.40 after shipping and handling!!! Digital River wanted around $26 for the game if i remember right. go with gamestop ... you get much more reliable service and a much nicer price . see y'all around!

IP:

KONG
posted July 20, 2001 11:05 PM            
good show dude

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 21, 2001 12:06 AM            
Thankers for that Rixy, you've just given me joy, so I must return the favor according to the Golden Rule. I'll send you some cookie dough, just give me the address *forshaming himself for not reading this topic*

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 21, 2001 07:30 AM         
Blah1234 See the this thread for reasons why gamestop is not the best place to buy TM.

IP:

Blah1234
posted July 21, 2001 02:13 PM            
yes i got the aaa games version, but it was fully upgradeable by the patch on the TM website. plus i think i deserved the lower price after being ignored by digital river for about 2 or 3 weeks! they advertised a price and i bought it and i got what i wanted ... if the price is too low, then someone made a bad marketing decision somewhere. i felt like i was out of options anyway ... i'll never go near digital river again!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 23, 2001 02:19 PM         
Hi Blah, welcome to the TM community.

The thing about the gamespot version is that the distributer legally screwed LDA out of all payment for the games that they sell. The way they did it was one of those hose the little guy methods that works only because LDA is a litle guy and has no influnce. If the only way you can get TM is through Gamespot - that is fine, we welcome the players. If you can help it (i.e. have the money), please buy it from Digital River - At least LDA gets some profit that they can re-invest in game development.

Here is an Idea - If you do get the Gamespot version, please buy one of LDA's other products - the downloadable ones which they do get money for. They have 2 screensavers and 3 games available for pay as you download that range from $10- 20 + 0 S&H. See descriptions of them at www.longbowdigitalarts.com and buy them here: http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry?SP=10007&SID=19872&CID=0&DSP=0&CUR=840&CACHE_ID=0 (credit card)
or here https://secure.bmtmicro.com/ECommerce-OffSite/LDA.html (credit cards but also checks, money orders or electronic payments. German customers also have the option of transferring funds into an account with Deutsche Bank. *no TM yet ) .

Maybe we should advertise this idea - tell people about the cheap TM AND recommend that they buy another LDA product. That way, LDA can still make money off of new people (which they wholly deserve to). Maybe we can get some 1.0 Demopeople to come in that way, too. I just talked to someone from there who says there are a bunch of people still playing the old demo.

so, long story short: Blah1234 - If you really get into the game, please consider buying other LDA products. Hope to catch you in Fragland

------------------
The Weatherman [BWL]
Now with stuff!

IP:

Paranor
posted July 23, 2001 03:21 PM            
My intro to TM is the opposite - I initally purchased DXBALL2. I wanted a game that the kids can play. Then a few weeks later I tried TM and bought it IMMEDIATELY.

Sad part is I can't remember the last time I played DXBALL2. Darn TM!

------------------
[BWL] Paranor
Do not meddle in the affairs of netadmins for they are subtle and quick to anger.

IP: