posted July 12, 2001 12:15 PM
My $0.02 (as per HowToUnzip.txt from ENTegrety):
To UnZip a Tread Marks mod:
0. Download to wherever, and then double-click the zip file.
1. In the main WinZip window, press Ctl+A to selected all files in the
ZIP archive. You should see all of the files become selected
(i.e., they'll all turn blue).
2. Click on the Extract button in WinZip (or press Shift+E). This will
display a new window titled Extract.
3. In the Extract window 'files' dialog, make sure that 'Selected files'
or 'All files' is checked. You want to extract all files, and in step
1 we selected all files.
4. In the Extract window, make sure that the 'Use folder names' option is
checked (this option is located in the lower-left corner of WinZip's
Extract window). This is required, as it is the only way that the
unzipped files will end up in the proper Tread Marks folders.
5. Specify the location of where to unzip the files. In the case of this
ZIP archive, you want to specify the root Tread Marks directory. Why
the root directory? Because we've stored 'Addons' as the prefix
directory to all files in the ZIP archive; thus, all files will end up
in Tread Marks' Addons folder. You may specify this location by either
typing it in or by pointing to it in the 'Folders/drives:' dialog. For
example, if you owned Tread Marks version 1.5, then in the 'Extract
to:' dialog, type 'C:\Program Files\Tread Marks 1.5\' (if you have Tread
Marks installed on a different letter drive, specify that drive instead
of C: ).
6. Finally, click on the Extract button (or simply press the enter key).
7. That's it!
[This message has been edited by swisher (edited July 12, 2001).]