|
Author Topic:   Altering The In Game Music Path???
JVortex
posted July 09, 2001 11:58 PM            
It has been stated that you can customize the music path for TM bu addin ga command line into the ini file. anybody know what the line is?

i tried before to put shortcuts to my MP3's in the TM music folder and that didnt work (it does work for The Sims, which is why i tried it). i dont really want coppies of my MP3's in the TM music folder. it would just be much nicer to have TM look to my MP3 folder for music.

anyone?

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Rex R
posted July 10, 2001 01:43 AM            
for those wondering; /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000606.html
has the info

IP:

Neo
posted July 10, 2001 01:50 AM            
Or if you have a decent soundcard, you can mix TM sounds and your MP3s. Just run Winamp or your MP3 player with whatever playlist you want before you hop in a game. Then fire up Treadmarks and you're good to go. This is great because it allows you to have whatever playlist you want each time you play TM. Plus you can hear all the TM sounds, and not even get lag when your MP3s change.

A few things though--

• Winamp (or your default MP3 player) must be using your current soundcard for output and not the "default output" or whatever else. To do this in Winamp, run the program and click on the top left corner. Go to options>preferences>output plugins>nullsoft directsound plug>configure, then pull the top left drop-down menu to match your current soundcard. Simple, eh?
  • Then make sure your TM music is off, or it's either gonna either sound crappy, or just not work.

Then you're ready to rock and play TM at the same time.

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited July 10, 2001).]

IP:

Neo
posted July 10, 2001 01:59 AM            
Umm okie so i just noticed that LordDrow already made the same point in the other thread.....ok, so uh...disregard my last post. Damn.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 10, 2001 03:14 AM            
LOL... Nice try though Neo. }:-)

-DNX-LordDrow

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 18, 2001 02:45 PM            
Hrm... and this post was already stated many months ago before all these new people came here. I think you're both beat. But I could be wrong, but being a person of infallibility just like the pope of cookie dough, how can you doubt my infinite wisdom?

IP:

Neo
posted July 18, 2001 04:06 PM            
Because I've won more DDMs.

::::All in jest, people::::

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 20, 2001 03:42 PM            
Darn

But I bet I've eaten more bowls of cookie dough than you!

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 20, 2001 03:43 PM            
WOW, I just realized, I've never been invited to (As far as I can remember) or been able to come to a DDM. Now I must lock myself in a closet and weep in self-pity
*runs away*

IP: