|
Author Topic:   Everybody, give racing a chance.
Vlad
posted July 03, 2001 08:21 PM            
Ever since Weatherman put up the Race Ya! server, I've been noodling around with racing online. Just finished a few games with WM, Synack, Blob, Manray, and myself.

Let me tell you, racing is great fun against other people. Different weapons become incredibly useful, and some that are great in deathmatches absolutely stink in races. So give racing a chance. It's a nice change of pace.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 03, 2001 08:27 PM            
I raced the other day for a bit, but was the only human logged in at the time.

LD

IP:

Vlad
posted July 03, 2001 08:39 PM            
Yeah, that seems to be a problem. What I ususally do is find a server with people on it (usually nguk), and see who wants to go and race. I managed to catch the entire group I was racing with today about to leave the demo server to nguk, I suggested racing, and off we went.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 03, 2001 11:44 PM            
Need people.......AI race is way too easy

IP:

Robu1
posted July 04, 2001 02:09 AM            
I definately agree with Vlad. I for one really have found racing to be fun - it is a whole different animal compared to a deathmatch, and yes, racing AI's is a piece of cake. Which is one reason why scheduled races would be nice.

IP:

Robu1
posted July 04, 2001 02:11 AM            
I definately agree with Vlad. I for one really have found racing to be fun - it is a whole different animal compared to a deathmatch, and yes, racing AI's is a piece of cake. Which is one reason why scheduled races would be nice.

IP:

synack
posted July 04, 2001 09:10 AM         
I will admit that when I first got TM, DM's were what attracted me, and I really had no interest in racing. But the few times I have raced against humans, it's been fun!

So, I agree ... a nice change of pace.

IP: