|
Author Topic:   DDM's Races and clan war
The Weatherman
posted July 02, 2001 11:19 AM         
Ok Treads,
We need something to do this upcomming weekend. There are 3 main choices with little variations.

#1. We can play a DDM. Support has been waning for this old favorite. If this is the peoples choice, we should spice it up with mods. Maybe Skandranon's balanced mod pack?

#2. We have a bunch of races. Just for funsies 'cause nobody seems to race much. I have a race server up for your perusal.

#3. Clan War! BWL and TC are invited if they don't mind being allied with either LWA
or DNX to make even sides.

Please deposit you 2 cents here

IP:

Neo
posted July 02, 2001 04:25 PM            
Personally I would love to be part of any of the above. However, my current work schedule makes it impossible for me to take part in any of them without quitting my job.

Maybe the turnout for DDMs has been thin because of scheduling(?). I would be willing to bet that if we put a DDM on a different day or different time at least, we would get a different crowd of participants.

Also I think that we should take a week or two off for DDMs and hold them roughly every other week, for the time being, until the servers are jumpin' every time.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 02, 2001 05:04 PM            
I am up for any of the above or other possible combat types. All I need to know is scheduling and dates.

LD

IP:

Paranor
posted July 03, 2001 11:20 PM            
I'll do either/anything so long as there are tanks involved.

IP:

KONG
posted July 03, 2001 11:55 PM            
why not just pick a time and see where we all end up? alot of servers on now.

IP:

Robu1
posted July 04, 2001 01:25 AM            
I'm with Neo as far as availability. I can pretty much NEVER make a game held on Sunday 8:00 EST until the fall. Anybody else have time conflicts?

IP:

synack
posted July 04, 2001 09:12 AM         
I'm up for most any type of gameplay, and I'm usually available most evenings until around 9 / 930pm est.

(because I get up at 4am each day, that's why

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 05, 2001 11:03 AM         
Hi Treads,
I think there is enough interest in racing to give it a go this Sunday instead of having the regular DDM. I have added 2 mods to my reac server - Lord Byron's Afterburner and RC's EMP. You can get the combined mod pack here http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/Racemods.zip
I also dropped the kick of the mass driver to 2 from 3. If you have any suggestion for good mods for the race server, please let me know. Also, I would like some help stress testing the server today at 6 EST. Please jump on it at that time and we can see how it handles a big load of people.

Because races are so short (~5 min for 2 laps) we should have at least 5 races, maybe more. If it gets tiring, we can just switch to an informal DM. Also, how do people feel about moving the time to 7pm EST? Lemme know...

edit - needed to capitalize Racemods.zip for link to work. If still no go , go to my main page for a working link.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 05, 2001).]

IP:

desolation1900
posted July 05, 2001 11:10 AM            
Weatherman, I'm getting a 404 error on that zip file. It appears to be broken in some way.

Sunday at 7PM EST would work for me, that's 4PM PST, right? Racing sounds like it would be entertaining. I'm in.

The 240mm cannon would be a good addition, I think it would help with rapid stopping when you miss a turn.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 05, 2001 03:33 PM         
YOu may have noticed the race server being down. I am doing some system maintainace and It should be back up soon.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 05, 2001 05:55 PM         
I am still mucking with my comp so I can't race at 5 est. Please try to come out and test my server though.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 08, 2001 04:44 PM         
So, are we up for a race today at 7PM EST, 6 ctr, 4 pac ? y'all know the place

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted July 08, 2001 04:48 PM            
I won't be there. Nothing official though just a group of people wanting to have fun

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 08, 2001 06:05 PM         
Whoops - looks like I am going to be late, too. Today will not be a real DDM anyway. I will drop in later and I hope to farg some humans

IP:

KONG
posted July 08, 2001 09:31 PM            
dont get it huh, when u log on to a server people log off. no one shows up for ddm. people don't want to b judged. just set a time and people WILL show up for the fragfest. just dont keep score. i'm guilty of the same thing, go on the demo server and frag the crap out of everybody........

if we are going to keep a ddm lets talk about it on another bb? on the old demo, when a new person logged on u could tell, they would run off the map or log off. are we chasing people away?

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited July 08, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited July 08, 2001).]

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 08, 2001 09:33 PM            
Actually, I showed, and am still trying to be there. But I get hard locks about every 15 to 20 minutes that keep causing me to have to shutdown my computer and restart.

=DNX=LordDrow

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 08, 2001 09:55 PM         
I was on from 7:15 to 8:15 est and there were 3-5 others on with me. I think most stayed on for a while after. Far as I know, we wern't keeping score. It was pretty cool. I think we are not keeping score for a bit until DDMs build up. Anyroad -it was good playing with yall tonight - races and DMs.

IP: