|
Author Topic:   ramTHIS, on tour!
synack
posted July 01, 2001 05:22 PM         
ok ... proud Daddy time

You regulars already know, but the newer players haven't yet met my 19 year-old son, ramTHIS. I believe the last time he played TM was on Winter break from college. Nonetheless, he's a worthy competitor (since I taught him all he knows

I'm proud to say that he, and his 17 year-old sister, are members of a group of musicians known as American Music Abroad, who are currently touring 6 countries in Europe. Some 230 young musicians from 5 eastern-US states have joined together for the first time, and are touring for two weeks, and performing 6 concerts in the process.

ramTHIS plays trumpet in the Jazz Band and the Symphonic Wind Ensemble. His sister plays flute and piccolo in the Wind Ensemble. We were treated to a "farewell" concert the other night, and they sound just terrific. They departed the US Saturday evening and arrived in Belgium Sunday morning.

If you happen to be in the areas listed below, have a listen.

Along with enjoying some great site seeing, they will be performing concerts at:

Monchsroth, Germany - July 3
Mayrhofen, Austria - July 7
Westendorf Alpenrosenhalle, Austria - July 8
Leysin, Switzerland - July 11
Freiburg, Germany - July 12
Obernai, France - July 13

ramTHIS is easy to spot. He's they only trumpet player with sun-bleached blond hair. If you can't see him, just listen. He plays one screaming trumpet!!

Now I'll post this before I lose power again!

[This message has been edited by synack (edited July 01, 2001).]

IP:

lordbyron
posted July 01, 2001 06:01 PM            
Congrats to you both--

Congrats to ramTHIS and good luck on the European tour, and congrats to synack for getting him there. Make sure he takes a copy of TM w/him, so if he gets out of sorts, you can correct him via mass driver--after all, you know the old saw, "Spare the driver, spoil the child."

good luck,
--lb

IP:

KONG
posted July 01, 2001 09:53 PM            
maybe we could get an mp3 or an mpeg when he gets back?

IP:

swisher
posted July 01, 2001 10:51 PM            
Congratulations, ramTHIS/Synack!

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

IP:

Paranor
posted July 01, 2001 10:54 PM            
Wow, from one dad to another congrats!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted July 01, 2001 11:59 PM            
Yippy congrats

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted July 02, 2001 06:27 AM            
No england visitations

Congrats all the same.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 02, 2001 06:49 AM         
Congrats to the Synack Family players. proud Poppy-hood is a beautiful thing

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 02, 2001 07:07 AM         
Too far away.

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 02, 2001 05:18 PM            
Congrat to you and ramTHIS good sir synack.

LD

IP:

synack
posted July 02, 2001 07:46 PM         
I want to say that I really appreciate all the good wishes. Especially those of you who are parents can well imagine how we worry about our children being so far away.

But we've heard from them twice so far, and they are having the times of their lives.

IP: