This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Submit Links for Update on the TM Mainsite
The Weatherman
posted June 27, 2001 12:15 AM         
Hi Gents - webmasters in particular....
I asked Jim if he would be up for updating the links on the TM Main page to reflect the cool active TM sites that now exist. He said sure!

So, post your URL, Website name and brief description here and I will compile them and send them to Jim. I have about 9 links on my page at home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/ - if I don't hear from the webmasters - I will assume it is okay to post their urls.

IP:

JVortex
posted June 27, 2001 12:28 AM            
go ahead and add me on in.
www.bzrpg.com
just use someething that resembles my signature line. hopefully ill be on a new server at some point that doesnt have those stupid pop ups...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 27, 2001 01:53 AM            
2 links.

1) - theres an actual link icon as is already on the tm page.

Disc 4 Newbians: The central information and links hub for the treadmarks empire. From here you can get anything anywhere to do with the treadmarks game. Were home to registered clans and run an active online gaming ladder, so come join the fun - register today, we can even design you your own flag to use in the game. News views reviews and shoes, lol, we got the lot. Bookmark us NOW - CTRL & D.

2) [URL=http://www.dnxbzclan.homestead.com/visitorsmenu.html]www.dnxbzclan.homestead.com/visitorsmenu.html - visitors page on our grand little clansite.

Disc 4 Newbians : Clans are groups of dedicated people who link together, play as a team and support each other in games, clans are generally viewed as the most dedicated of players. Clans usually run competitions (we do) there is usually a clan ladder and a practice night where we all get together n have a blast litterally - Sod the Rest Join the Best - DNX IS HERE TO STAY !!

feel free to use the logo on the top of our clansite (if you can grab it lol) if u want a smaller version ill send one on - best way is to do a screengrab cos its protected from the right click, all u will get is the background.... which is blue lol !

------------------

[This message has been edited by =DNX= Matrix (edited June 27, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 27, 2001 02:30 AM         
Cmon gents - gimme descriptions suitable for the main page - intended for newbies looking for info.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 27, 2001 05:41 AM            
well that screwed it - lol heres them links again.
www.deathmatch-federation.com
www.dnxbzclan.homestead.com/visitorsmenu.html

cheers

IP:

swisher
posted June 27, 2001 08:59 AM            
Link:

ENTegrety at http://www.users.qwest.net/~llynne1/entegrety/

Description:

ENTegrety is a program that does essentially two things:

1. Validates addon mods for Longbow Digital Arts’ (LDA) game Tread Marks and creates an output report listing any and all errors it detects.

2. Creates a zip file for distributing mods. The zip file can contain a single mod or multiple mods (that is, a mod-pack).

ENTegrety does not rewrite your .ent files. It validates your mod by chasing down every file referenced by every entity (.ent) file in your mod. It gives you the option to create a distributable zip file. Included in the zip file are all of the Addon files needed for your mod to run correctly on a player’s PC (.ent, .bmp, .img, .wav, .lwo, .luv, etc.).

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

I'm in the process of updating the web site for ENTegrety. It will be much better organized (sneak peak here).

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited June 27, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 27, 2001 09:59 AM         
Swisher - NEAT! but you ought to take more credit.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 28, 2001 01:05 PM         
Go here to see a preview of how I will submit your links (not formatted or ordered yet). Sorry if I cut down your descriptions Matrix and Swisher - I condensed them to try to make them consistent with the other links. If you don't like what you see - PLEASE send me a revision.

EDIT - doh! here is that link http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/TMLinks.htm

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited June 28, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 28, 2001 02:28 PM            
I like the job you did, but your missing something. What about your site?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 28, 2001 02:31 PM         
lol -good point!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 28, 2001 03:22 PM            
Question for the group.A year ago I started a Yahoo club for TM,but I didn't get one of you guys to join.I think that would be the best place to keep mods and the quickest way to get them.the address would be something like http://clubs.yahoo.com/treadmarks
Somethin easy to remember.Plus it has a lot of space to hold the mods.We wouldn't have to use their forums since we have a good on here.Just a place to hold all of the mod packs plus maybe pictures of the weapons.I have been a moderator of a Yahoo club before so maintaining the data woudn't be a prob.Would this be something you guys would use if I put it up.Maybe it can at least be a mirror since I don't want to put sites like Jvortex's out.

IP:

JVortex
posted June 29, 2001 12:17 AM            
Thant sounds like a great idea super, but doesnt yahoo have a maximum bandwidth download limit per day? to be honest i would LOVE to have my site be put out of comission and replaced with something better. i just cant keep the organization up, no time...

my main focus lately has been making the mods. i originally put the site up for the hell of it, then made an effort to keep up once RC went down. i would LOVE there to be a new host site, then i can jsut do a 1/2 assed mirror if theres a problem on yahoo.

how bout more info on the yahoo thing? i heard somewhere that anything posted to yahoo becomes property of yahoo, that may become a problem, dont know.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 29, 2001 04:45 AM            
They do have a bandwidth limit,meaning the amount of data that can be transfered in a day,but I don't think we'd have to worry about that.Not sure what the limit is but there are some big groups with thousands of members that get along ok.I guess I can go ahead and get it going since it will hurt nothing to do so.Gathering of all the mod packs might be needed soon.Actually,that won't be needed since once you become a member you can upload and download what you want.I'll get on it ASAP

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 29, 2001 08:47 PM            
whwn do you plan on sending it in Weather?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 29, 2001 10:56 PM         
Maybe Monday or so...

IP:

swisher
posted July 01, 2001 10:26 PM            
LithUnwrap is a free Windows tool for mapping and editing the UV coordinates of of LUV poly models.

------------------
Swisher
BWL/MG

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited July 01, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 02, 2001 02:54 PM         
K, Swisher, it is added.
I have updated the link page that I will send to Jim here http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/links.html

I know the images are broken, but it should work when published in the TM site.

I will mail this to Jim tomorrow mornig, so any changes/additions have to be in before then.

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 02, 2001 03:01 PM         
Blandy's (http://icb.cjb.net ) and Chuck's
progs should be in, methinks.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 02, 2001 03:57 PM            
Sorry Jvortex,I forgot about setting up the club to hold mods .I'll do it tonight.I did find out the bandwidth limitations.Storage for files is 25megs.And each file can be no larger than 5meg.There is not a limit to the number of files you can have.
OK,just started a group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/treadmarkmods
Just signup and your good to go.It can hold 25 megs so everybody can upload their mods,maps,links or anything else TM related.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 02, 2001 04:19 PM         
Good call, Dreamer. I don't know of Chuck - do you have the URL?

Edit: Got it, thanks.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 02, 2001).]

IP:

LordDrow
posted July 02, 2001 05:08 PM            
You can find my site @
http://members.home.net/sbentley23

Just a real basic site right now with a few images of some of the tank projects I am working on as well as some links to TM based websites. Will be working on it a bit this week and hopefully get a nice TM looking theme to it.

LD

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted July 02, 2001 09:09 PM            
Anybody with broadband like to upload several meg from Jvortex's site to the Yahoo group?

IP:

Vlad
posted July 02, 2001 10:02 PM            
Sure, just lemme know whatcha want...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted July 03, 2001 12:17 AM         
Okay, I have sent the goods to Jim. Hopefully they will be up soon. All further link submissions must go through the TM webmaster. Thank you to all that responded. My only request is to keep yer pages fresh and/or request that the link be pulled if your site goes down.

Edit: They are up! http://www.treadmarks.com/links.html

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 03, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited July 03, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted July 03, 2001 12:17 PM         
Thank you, Weatherman.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2