|
Author Topic:   2v2 Champions
Paranor
posted June 26, 2001 09:26 AM            
I can't find the thread (I'm at work so don't want to look too much). Isn't there a 2v2 defending champion pair?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 26, 2001 10:41 AM         
Umm, yeah - I think Supercoax are undefeated in 2v2 play - (craglefargagapopabrickelsnapafrafing supecoax!)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 27, 2001 12:38 AM            
Yeah!!!Want some?

IP:

Paranor
posted June 27, 2001 09:00 AM            
Bring it on!

Hah - I'm hardly ready yet to try it. I'm hoping in another 10 games (3 or so weeks) I'll try it. Anyone interested to start practing strategies now?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 27, 2001 02:18 PM            
Well,coax and I let everybody have a break last Thursday but if 2 people want to play this Thursday then say so.It was kinda hard to get people to play last time,thats why we decided to take a little break(what a shame )
Paranor(SC?),you can grab somebody for this Thurs if you want.You could still challenge us in a couple of weeks.Consider it good practice.Robu or Neo are usually up for a good gAME.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 27, 2001 11:04 PM            
I won't be able to this Thursday, I'm sottr. I have a stupid GRE prep class from 6-9PST

IP:

Paranor
posted June 27, 2001 11:07 PM            
me neither - both kids have that soccer thing for a couple of more thursdays. soccer dad!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 28, 2001 04:19 AM            
Well,I guess I should have asked coax before obligating him to a match Some other time then.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 28, 2001 10:14 AM         
Hey, i pulled my 2v2 server because I never sayw anyone use it - is there still interest? I was gong to putup a race server in its place. Anybody care one way or the otter?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 28, 2001 03:16 PM            
I used it a few times Weather.And I can honestly say I've never raced in multiplayer.Would be interesting to do but I don't think you'd get much trafic.

IP:

Robu1
posted June 28, 2001 11:32 PM            
Yes.....i like to race - i'd love to do a race server - it's like a whole other game ya know .

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 29, 2001 08:51 PM            
I like racing, but like Super said don't expect much traffic.

IP:

Neo
posted June 30, 2001 03:13 AM            
I'll play with/against anyone in 2v2, as long as it's fairly informal. I started off really disliking 2v2 because I performed so horribly, but I'm beginning to enjoy it, and I could use any practice I can get.

IP:

LordDrow
posted June 30, 2001 03:27 AM            
I would be up for 2v2 if anyone wanted a partner. But I don't think you folks have seen enough of my play style to make a decision. Just let me know when a weekly match is run, and I will do my damndest to show up and get familiar with everyone.

LordDrow

IP:

Rex R
posted June 30, 2001 03:39 AM            
currently the only weekly meet is sunday 20;oo eastern(um think that would be 0100 gmt monday)for our weekly Deadliest Death Match(DDM)those can get mighty hairy what with 14-17 ppl trying to frag 1 another

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited June 30, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted June 30, 2001 10:12 AM            
I would like to try 2v2. Neo, Not sure what you mean by informal but it sounds like fun going against these guys which is what I think you mean.

I would like to at least go over some strategies considering these guys are
undefeated.

EDIT: After posting this it sounded like I would only team up with NEO and completely ignore LordDrow. Not true! I'll team up with anyone and just agreeing with Neo that it's all in fun and don't care if we lose or saying we must practice for 80 hours before we play, etc.

GAME ON!

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited June 30, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted June 30, 2001 10:13 AM            
I've only raced against AI's and it seemed too easy but would like to try it against humans.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 30, 2001 02:48 PM            
Well then,I guess maybe we can do it this Thursday.I need to make sure coax can do it.I can.I'll let Skand know about setting up a server.It'll be the usuall 11EST,whoever wins 2 out of 3 first.

IP:

Neo
posted June 30, 2001 02:56 PM            
"Informal" as in... Well, basically exactly how you interpreted it: not to be formally scored or recorded like a DDM. Just for fun. Sort of like miniature golf (the non-pro kind).

Basically I just want "practice", but it doesn't have to be called practice.

I think it'd be cool to have Paranor/LordDrow/myself/someone else in a 2v2. Anyone interested? Robu?

We could even try random teaming and/or try various combinations (I think there are 3 possible team configurations).

IP:

Neo
posted June 30, 2001 03:01 PM            
lol, umm, or it could be more formal (just saw Super's post).

Not sure if I was ever really even included, but definitely count me out for Thursday, I have to work 5:00pm-1:30 am.

IP:

Robu1
posted June 30, 2001 06:46 PM            
I'm always up for a game, dammit! Name the time and place, and I'll do it! I fear NO ONE!!! I will rise up and dominate!!!!! Oh yes! Don't nobody think I won't!!!!! Fear Robu1!!! Yes!!!!! Don't think I'm just joking!!!!!! What are you laughing at?!?!?!? Stop making fun of me!!!!!!!

(The preceding mindless rant is not directed toward any indiviual despite its apparent angry tone - yes I was very bored :^P)

IP:

LordDrow
posted June 30, 2001 08:53 PM            
E-Mail me with a time and date. I will do my damndest to be there. Best times here are 6 P to 2 A Any day of the week, any hours during the weekends. That is Mountain Standard Time just so ya know.

LD

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 30, 2001 11:51 PM            
We always have it Thurday's at 11est(mainly because I don't get off work till 10est).If you guys can make it I'll go ahead and give Skand a little heads up.This is a semi-formal thing.Its not a sit around and chat game but on the other hand its not for rankings or ladders either.Its just for bragging rights.

IP: