|
Author Topic:   mod packs....confused
Kegel
posted June 26, 2001 02:34 AM         
This is not a slam....I appreciate all the work that goes into this great game. TM is one of the few games that I still play after all this time. The BattleZone web page that has the Kasplattt pack on it has got to be the most confusing page ever developed. What exactly do you have to do to get all the weps? There are multiple packs which seem to have alot of duplicate weps in them. Which version is everyone running? This is one of the problems with this game...no conformity...noone has the same stuff. This was once a big problem with my other passion (other than Thai women ) Falcon 4....then came along F4Patch. I dont want to be long winded here so I'll cut to the chase...would someone please post links or instructions on which files to download etc? It seems alot of the weps on that page are incompatible....many overwrite eachother's .ent files. Anyways.....Kegel out.

IP:

Vlad
posted June 26, 2001 02:53 AM            
Well, currently, in order to get all the weapons, you've got to download all the individual weapons. If you want to download just the Kasplatt pack, just go to the Kasplatt section of bzrpg.com and download the current mod pack.

As for other mods, the best way to make sure that you can handle any server is to just install everything into the same addons directory. While it'll make single player games a mess, you can join any server and have the resources you need already in your addons directory.

IP:

JVortex
posted June 26, 2001 01:13 PM            
sorry about that... (the BZ site is mine). i know its a mess, i havent had time to do any real organizing lately.

i do post what weapons are in each pack for the most part. the large feb 5 2001 pack i didnt post whats in it cause i didnt make that on. but the rest are mainly server packs.

some people like to have multiple addon folders. they will have 1 folder for playing online and another for playing offline and maybe different folders for different servers. other people just like to have everything all in one folder.

so on the weapons page i have every weapon available by itself. on the nguk Server page is where to find the current pack for that server along with any updates. i recently updated that page and seperated all the old stuff to the bottom in case any one wants it for some reason. i also removed the old Kasplattt page just to avoid confusion (Kasplattt and nguk Kasplattt are 2 seperate servers, but Kasplattt is pretty well gone and replaced by the nguk Kasplattt).

i really am sorry for the confusion. to play on the nguk Kasplattt server just head to my site (swear when those stupid pop up windows come up...) go to the nguk server page and download the new splat pack. and yes it WILL over write some existing files, this is on purpose. MANY of the old weapons have errors in them, these errors are slowly being fixed by new releases.

generally speaking the weapons within a server pack will always be more recent, correct and free of errors than the single weapon downloads. for example the shatter missile weapon is in the new splat pack. the original has a couple very small errors in it, but in the splat pack the errors have been fixed.

hope that helps.. sorry again

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Karldar
posted June 26, 2001 05:52 PM            
Hey, Kegel, r u using IE? That's the most stable(still annoying with those popups) bzrpg loader I've got. I know that's not sayin' much, tho . Netscape just doesn't seem to like that setup. Some frames don't load, or take forever to load or disappear after they've loaded-very weird. Any idea what would cause that, JV? I'm using Nav 4.76 cuz 6 just sucked. Dunno if they got all those bugs fixed yet or not-I'll go see, I guess.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 26, 2001 06:44 PM         
lol - word on everything you said about browsers Karldar. IE seems to just run more stoff easier, but I am dependent on my netscape bookmarks setup and there is no way I will use outlook.

Sorry no help on the real topic

IP:

Kegel
posted June 26, 2001 09:26 PM         
Thanks.....JVortex...no apologies necessary...thanks for hosting the site! Its still the best one out there (even with those popups ...grrrrrrr). I am using IE6, the latest beta...a great browser. ANyways....RChaos' site used to have info on how to make multiple Addon Directories work. Anyone know to do that? know you do

IP:

JVortex
posted June 27, 2001 12:08 AM            
i never tested the nite w/ netscape, all i have on here is IE. and i HATE THOSE POP UPS!!!!! i have the code in my pages thats supposed to keep them gone, but they show anyhow.

to have multiple addon directories (i have like 10 now...) all you do is only have one folder labeled "AddOns" at a time. some of my other ones are:
AddOns Warbird
AddOns Voyager
AddOns LB's
AddOns Vlad
AddOns For Servers
and so on
i have a different folder for each weapon im working on (then later i delete the folder once im done). when i go online to play i switch to the "AddOns For Servers" folder by renaming it to "AddOns" once again.

thats all there really is to it. just have a different folder for each purpose you happen to have.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 29, 2001 08:55 PM            
Someone needs to make a pack that has every released mod in it. Call it the Independence day 2000 pack. It would make life so much simpler. Please someone should really do this.

IP:

Kegel
posted June 29, 2001 10:56 PM         
I second that

IP:

JVortex
posted June 30, 2001 12:27 AM            
well i could do that, but theres a problem with that which is just now becomming aparent... ill have a topic posted on it shortly...

IP: