This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2 

|
Author Topic:   New clan?
Neo
posted June 26, 2001 12:40 AM            
Anyone interested in forming/being a member of a new clan? Check the strategies forum for more info. C'mon, you know you want to....

[It's not getting enough traffic over there so I'm just putting this in for additional publicity ]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 26, 2001 01:51 AM            
About time lol

make sure u think of a groovy name too - nothing worse than clans called "Screaming Fetus" or "Things"

Imagination folks

Come on guys, join Neo - lets get this wagontrain moooooooving !

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 26, 2001 01:52 AM            
I'd love too...........NOT! Hey,pick some active players to be in your clan.You don't want to make the same mistakes as DNX.It will also be good to have an actual clan war.Seemed like it would always be a pipe dream

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 26, 2001 01:54 AM            
Matrix you must have posted at the same time as me.I'm not home right now but I hve a couple of ideas I'll ICQ you when I get back.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 26, 2001 04:14 AM            
sounds good super....

ive emailed all the TM members that havent been seen - i give em one week to reply then its cull time.

wierd really, they were pretty good and high scorring when i recruited em !! go figure.

but seriously neo hes right - make sure u recruit names that u see often or experienced demo players that got the full version. that way you will build a strong clan and the pipedream will come true.

dont loose faith yet super m8, kong just signed up.

IP:

Neo
posted June 26, 2001 04:38 AM            
Thanks for the advice Matrix.... I'm trying!! Not many people seem interested as of yet though. Only Paranor, coax, Weatherman have shown any signs of life. Guess I just have to give it time and be persistent.....

IP:

peeeto
posted June 26, 2001 10:12 AM         
that's a start, neo - once you guys start kickin' butt together, your status will grow

IP:

Neo
posted June 26, 2001 08:52 PM            
ok, cool, I've got about 5 people interested now--and they're all active players that I have seen and played against. DNX beware. This is gonna be cool.

Looks like it might be called LWA - for lonewolves alliance. See the strategy forum for the full scoop...

(just spamming to keep this topic up top hehe sorry.)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 26, 2001 09:05 PM            
hhahaha what !

how can u have a clan of lonewolves u nonk !

heres some suggestions:

*LOM* Lords of Midnight
[XCS] X Clan Syndicate
:SOL: Soldiers of Light
=A= Apocalypse Clan
~LOD~ Legions of Doom

ps: you cant use those because they are existing clans - but u get the idea.

A clan of lonewolves is a contradiction in terms. but yes, its nice to see you getting togather - 5 is a good start and certainly better than i did first fortnight here.

IP:

Neo
posted June 26, 2001 09:26 PM            
Well see, it isn't a traditional clan, it's not as formal. [See the strategies forum for more info on why we were going to call it LWA.] Really it is only a more permanent version of coax's "Alliance" of lonewolves for Saturday's clanwar. Seriously though, read the other forum, all the details are there. It makes sense, it's not a contradiction. Honest.

I was originally going to call it "Angry Lawn Gnomes" or "Wax Statue Death" or something like that, but we voted those down(just kidding).

Anyways, yes, 5 plus myself, I suppose that's not too shabby.

By the way, what exactly is a nonk? lol.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 27, 2001 12:17 AM         
Lets call it the Lone Rangerz !

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 27, 2001 04:21 PM            
q: isnt Alliance of Lonewolves gonna be ~AOL~

LMAO !!!!!!

a nonk is the uk version of dork (a whales dick btw)

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 27, 2001 04:31 PM            
not a formal clan ?

well with serious gamers it either is a clan or it isnt ! if it isnt they why are you bothering.... you may as well just have each others contact details and meet online !

if a jobs worth doing, its worth doing well or not at all....

what if ppl do want to formalise it, what if you dont formalise it and ppl want to join an actual clan, you just wind up being a casting couch for other clans as they appear.

lonewolf is as it sounds

e plurabus unem - que sera, sera, and i amsk what i amsk !

IP:

Neo
posted June 27, 2001 07:26 PM            
No offense or disrespect intended, Matrix, but what exactly does DNX do in TM besides contact each other and meet online?

Try to keep an open mind about this. It's mostly for fun. It's not NATO, its just a few guys trying to have fun pretending to blow things up.

I'm doing it because I thought that the "dedicated lonwolves" might want to be able to take part in clan activities or *clanlike* activities, but still not be required to be members of a real "clan", persay. I liked coax's idea and wanted to create something with a bit more permanence for those who were interested.

It seemed silly to me that there is only one active clan, yet so many lonewolves, in such a small community. I thought that the lonewolves might be interested in coming together somewhat and compromising a little in order to keep things interesting and help everyone have as much fun as possible.

We have about 6 people interested right now and all indications are that it will continue to grow. I am not concerned about formalisation problems in the future; the "clan" is to be 100% democratic and all decisions will be made only upon consent of all members. If the group wishes to "formalise" in the future, then it will do so of its own accord. If the group wishes to disband, then likewise, that will result from its own decisions and actions.

Keep in mind that all the policies and procedures of this "clan" are subject to change according to its members' wishes. This includes the name of the clan. LWA (AOL ) was simply a suggestion and is in no way the final name of the clan.

The one policy currently in place was the foundation on which the idea was based, and will remain unchanged throught the "clan's" longevity: complete democracy. This policy allows for change in all regards and also ensures that any decisions made will be agreeable and consentual. I was hoping that people might find that freedom of this nature in a clan (of sorts) is a refreshing change of perspective and a creative contribution to the game.

I agree that if a job is worth doing, it is worth doing well or not at all. I think we're doing our best, and I think that time will tell if it is worthwhile or not. Thanks for the constructive criticism, I hope this clarifies things for you somewhat.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 27, 2001 08:56 PM            
NATO?

Sure, it can be NATO:

No particular Alliance Treadmarks Organization

HAHAHA - Just kidding around guys.

[This message has been edited by Paranor (edited June 27, 2001).]

IP:

Robu1
posted June 27, 2001 11:25 PM            
I like Wax Statue Death......alot! Although only me and Neo would understand it' significance .

To me, It's all about the informality of it all. I don't want a serious clan - the word "clan" itself is even too serious for what I'm hoping for..........something more like an alliance (that's a good word to put into the name).

Neo suggested a good idea to me once, and that was to have the clan initials after the player name (for example, i might be Robu1 (LWA), or whatever) Or maybe not even put in the initials unless we are fighting a clan battle (sort of revealing your identity at a time of war or something :^P).

Anyway, that's what I'd do if I had my way, and I'd like to join the new clan if something like that could happen .

IP:

Neo
posted June 28, 2001 01:16 AM            
lol Robu1. Thanks for the compliment buddy.

As far as I'm concerned right now, our members can put the "clan" initials in front of their name, after their name, or not in their name at all. Heck, people can put it in the middle of their name if they wanna. Ahh, freedom.

Also Robu1, make sure to check the other thread: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000022.html for all the details, then if you still want to be in, you're in, as soon as you say the word. Thats all there is to it.

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited June 28, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 28, 2001 12:08 PM            
**Gulp**

Just offering advice .... ill keep my gob shut !

run whatever you think is a fair system, im just trying to help you cover stuff and problems ive already been thru and found solutions for

im sure AOL will be a great success.

I like NATO tho:

Neutral Alliance Treadmarks Organisation

IP:

synack
posted June 28, 2001 02:19 PM         
I'm on board for a loose alliance of lonewolves, as long as it remains that way.

Also posted to the other forum's thread.

IP:

Neo
posted June 28, 2001 03:40 PM            
Matrix: lol, I know, I appreciate the advice. Take a peek at the other thread, as you see we're doing our best to realise that it is a "clan" but we're just making it as informal as possible, and as such, we don't really want to call it a "clan" just yet. However, nobody in our group seems to want to come up with alternative names, so therefore, for now we're calling it Lonewolf Alliance (LWA) (or AOL if you prefer lol). I am actually considering NATO as a possibility though........hehe

I was explaining as clearly as possible before, so...sorry if my response seemed heated or offensive, it wasn't intended to do anything more than explain.

Synack: your response is noted, thanks.

IP:

KONG
posted June 28, 2001 09:23 PM            
how about this for a name: Free Love.

IP:

Robu1
posted June 28, 2001 11:35 PM            
alrighty then, i'll do it

IP:

The Cruiser
posted December 30, 2004 11:25 AM         
A little clan history ........ the begining of LWA ????

IP:

=DNX= Ni
posted December 30, 2004 12:45 PM            
Before you were born

IP:

The Cruiser
posted December 30, 2004 12:55 PM         
I presume ( if my birth records are correct ), that I was birthed at a time that pre - dates TM by a bunch , I noted the wrongness of re-posting anything by Seumas , I shall thow at times , post from archives , as it's intresting to me , and maybe others .
I don't mean to hairlip anyone , not my intention at all , but freedom being what it is today , means doing it now , before it's all gone . As the lemmings give up their God given rights for so called security ........... hmmm what was it that Ben Franklin said about it ????

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2