|
Author Topic:   DNX-Lonewolf Grudge Match Server
Skandranon
posted June 22, 2001 10:26 PM            
Okay, the server for tomorrow's match is up and ready. Hopefully set up properly:

No CTF maps (though that might be a possibility later...)
Culled out some of the less popular maps
No mods other than random weapon
Stock 1.6.0 settings
Two teams with team damage and scoring on
30 TL, 80 FL (maybe even higher with team scoring on? 99's the limit, right?)
Conservative net settings (4K/sec, 10FPS - go ahead and start bitching Matrix, but 1K is ridiculous for 90% of players )

As of right now, the server is visible to all to allow easy access, though I can take it down from general access easily enough. If that happens, go here:
128.206.79.85:12200

Any commentary?

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 23, 2001 04:30 AM            
That reminds me of Goldant telling me to drop my net rate to 1 before playing on his server.Of course it wasn't playible so we gave up,but it took me a week to figure out why my game was preforming so poorly.Seemed like every server was running in slow motion.Then I realized that my net rate was still on 1

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 23, 2001 01:47 PM            
you guys ready for this thing?

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

ni
posted June 23, 2001 01:54 PM            
Yup!!

------------------
I'd Like to buy soom Cheeeeeezzz!!!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 23, 2001 03:28 PM         
That was a great idea coax. pity that DNX didn't have a lot of players. Was a blast!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 23, 2001 03:29 PM            
That was fun. We all kicked some @$$. Good job Lone Wolves and that one BWL person i saw.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 23, 2001 03:33 PM            
you're welcome. had fun, would have been a tad more unsided if weatherman had been on our team

------------------
virtual mechanic/[BWL]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 23, 2001 03:44 PM            
Man,that was a little lop sided.Think about it.You had some of the best TM players taking on some mediocre DNX people that have never played together as a group.You could take down any clan that way.I think DNX needs to practice together before we do something like this again.I don't know how to work it so its even competion.The only way I can think of is to form more clans(which I don't want to here any bitching about how you like to be a loner,its not going to hurt you to put a few letters in front of your name )and have clan only battles.I don't know.You guys that know me know I'm not a sore loser so thats not where this message is heading but what I saw today was way lop sided.I can't really think of a way to make it even,I'm not even sure we can unless we get a lot more players to make more clans.........

IP:

Neo
posted June 23, 2001 03:46 PM            
Yeah good games everyone, I had a lot of fun. Lag seemed to be a bit of a problem for lots of people, including myself, but but oh well....

I took screenshots of all the final scoreboards, so if anyone wants them just let me know. BTW, I was there for the entirety of all the matches, so my death totals are accurate. Eventually I'll get my screens up on html....

IP:

TurdHeart
posted June 23, 2001 03:51 PM            
Was good fun. I have a capture from the first round at the bottom of this page: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/reavie/treadmarks/treadmarks.htm
It might be a little slow for dial-uppers. My captures aren't too exciting, but I'll keep adding to it.

Man, I tell ya - I thought I was an okay player until I started seeing Weatherman on the field! Dude's raised the bar!

IP:

Neo
posted June 23, 2001 03:52 PM            
Uhh, Hmm, Super you snuk your post in front of me there . That made my post look kinda sarcastic and/or mean [not intentional].

Anyways, yeah I agree with you Super, at least in some ways. It might be fun to have more clans or even temp clans like today. I was thinking of forming a clan myself. How about "LoneWolves Alliance" (LWA). I dunno, just a thought. Don't laugh at me. I'm makin this up as I go along here.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 23, 2001 04:15 PM            
Super, you and Matrix need to talk to your DNX boys. No teamwork and so many just left when they started losing. Disgraceful, running from the field of battle like that.
I saw people with 200 pings claiming lag and leaving. Uh huh. Sure.

Oh, and Vlad - no real offense meant this afternoon, I just don't think fondly of chat shooters. *chuckle* I'd hate to lose the ingame chatter in TM because you're afraid someone will snipe you when you're minding your own business. This AIN'T CounterStrike, nor will it ever be if I have any sayso in the matter.

Which I might not, but oh well, I'll try.

Anyways... this was a fun match, we're going to have to do it again. Maybe count this as practice (and the DNX'rs can go get some more, too...) and have another match later. CTF, anyone?

See ya'll later, like at the DDM tomorrow night.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 23, 2001 04:47 PM         
Thanks for the compliment Turdheart - you are not so shabby yourself .

I think pretty much everybody was playing like good sports - cept maybe droppers, but they may have other connection issues besides pings.

Man, I wish I had a screenshot of that Nuke kill during the last match . The Alliance was lined up like duck in a shooting gallery . Oh well, there is always the DDM.

Yeah, the DNX turnout was a dissapointment. I wouldn't mind joining a clan - just not the DNX for size reasons. I also must say that I would not want to be in a clan with both coax and Skandranon (tho I would hate to have to play them both - eek!). They are terrific guys and wickedly skilled. It would just not be fair to have arguably the top 3 players on one team (was why I didn't mind moving to the DNX side). Neo, I wouldn't mind forming a clan with you. I would help as much as I could with managing but my time is really limited (don't let my long posts fool you).

Supe, I would not call the DNX team mediocre - they were average and unorganized. DNX needs to rally and help each other elevate their skills. Supe - you can really help do this as you know all about teamwork and kicking ass Also, coax, I understand your taste for the lone wolf status, but I think you could really help your MATE ( ) Supe with marshalling DNX.

IP:

synack
posted June 23, 2001 06:31 PM         
I had a great time, as usual. It was a kick getting the lone wolves together for awhile. The Alliance has bragging rights tonight! Cheers!!

I'm a dedicated lone wolf, but this format would be fun to do once in a while.

A lot of guys bailed out after game #2 to go play CTF on NGUK, but those of us who stayed continued to have some fun. Just my luck that a big thunderstorm came along midway and forced me to bow out. Such is life.

Would have been real nice if LDA had made an appearance. Jim, you listening? We would love to see you guys participating again, as you used to.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 23, 2001 08:28 PM            
I still have graphic problems guys - the ping prob skan was that my firewall was only setup for unidirectional udp not 2 way. Once that was done pings are back around 250 for me.

Ive reinstalled windows 2se and put all the right drivers on, but im strill getting the pc/freeze-lockup problem anywhere between 1 minute and 20 minutes of any attempt to run treadmarks. Im quite deftly stumped, but working the situation, its now looking more hardware based than software since windows runs stable all day long.

As for DNX members - could i have the names of those who dropped ?

Im sorry my guys didnt come thru, Nemzad and Super are in charge of TM although for the most part i have been doing the recruiting. Since only a small amount of tm/dnx players post our members forum ie:4, i think its time we had a non-active member cull to avoid good players like weatherman turning their nose up at the clan for "sheer size". Ill be slicing the non-actives off next week and we can start building again from there.

To be honest although the mods comming on well ive met nothing but bitching from the bz lot since its "NOT EXACT" so i dunno how much support we will gain from the bz community when its done.

The TM community at the moment is too small to have clans because most ppl want to stay lonewolf - and as i can quite clearly see from this thread our lot got pasted by loners.

This does not make me a happy leader....

Still ill keep badgering away at the mod and hope for the best, im organising a magazine cd cover realease in the uk for its completion to try and drag some trade in. If clans dont start appearing then, well it looks set to be a loners market.

Sad really, its hard to believe that this game is so hard to push given its quality.

supers right though, lets see some effort - more clans, thats the ticket.

I myself wont be seen on the servers until ive sorted this crappy problem gfx card - its doing my nut in.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 23, 2001 11:50 PM            
I think Matrix is going to weed out the inactive and/or poor players.And you right(whoever said it),most on the DNX side were not playing as a team and I think were intimidated by some of you guys.Its sad though that DNX is the only active clan,a clan in dire need of practice but an active clan never the less.I've been trying to get some clan stuff going for a long time.Ever since Matrix recruited me as the first DNX'r as a matter of fact.I guess it always revolves back to TM's lack of players.I don't know if the player database will grow but I sure hope it does.I belonged to a Quake 2 clan at on time and I hope we can get half the number of clan games going than what the Quake series has.
I do appreciate everybodies' willingness to kick our asses and I hope more clans form and this becomes something we do often.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 24, 2001 04:07 PM            
Glad you got that ping problem sorted, Matrix... told ya it was a configuration *wink* Lucky guess, I suppose.

Now, for the lockups... hmm.. I've had a few myself, though 2000 is so damn stable it doesn't crash the OS at least. Oh, and I managed finally to get 1.6 installed. One day it just worked. Damndest thing, I hadn't changed nothin'.

Now, with the lockups, my theories: One, IE and preferably ICQ should NOT be running at the same time as TM. That exacerbated problems on my machine, seemingly. Especially when ICQ received a message. Sometimes that would prompt a freeze. (yes, I know, multitudes have them working together, but your machine is not mine )

Secondly, do you know you have good RAM? When overclocking some old RAM I had that said it was rated for speed X, I found under stress of gaming it was not, and this would show as the occassional lock and reboot. Even if running at its rated speed, you might have a memory problem.

And finally, do you have a SoundBlaster Live! soundcard? If so.... well, might think of replacing it with a Hercules or something, like I'm going to. I've traced a TON of my lockup problems under applications to that piece of excrement. Gawd I miss Aureal.

Hmm... clans clans clans... I like being a loner. However, one joke that came up has a certain perverse appeal. A tiny little one team clan: Coax, Skandranon, Neo, and Weatherman. Yeah, that's the ticket.

What could we call it? "You're gonna lose" Clan? "Watch for redlight sights"? "OMFG! Run!"? *chuckle*

Yeah, so I'm being a feathered ass. At least I'm having fun.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited June 24, 2001).]

IP: