|
Author Topic:   Clan War Server Details
coax
Administrator
posted June 22, 2001 03:15 AM            
k guys lets get some details out of the way. If you want some specific maps let it be known now. I was thinking of having 2 matches and if its a tie, it'll even be more incentive to have one again next week as a tie, and maybe more people can make it. If you have some further suggestions or ideas let me know.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 22, 2001 04:30 AM            
well as for maps IMO its more like what not to include. I'm thinking that I can live w/o tank luge, volcano, and ice world

IP:

ni
posted June 22, 2001 04:51 AM            
I love Volcano...any1 else?? Ramp's a bit borin these days!!

Bit of Caldera action couldn't go amiss and prolly Hell Crossing?
Maybe a mod Map??

Flatland or Mayan Pyramid which really should b used...so many ways to ambush peeps round the corners (if one ambushee is not familiarised him/her(?)self with the radar)!!!

Ni...out!!!

IP:

JVortex
posted June 22, 2001 04:58 AM            
the pyramid does sound like a good idea, but EVERYONE w0ould have to have it. shouldnt be a real problem tho. just avoid maps that inherently cause lag w/ this much of a turn out. avoid the "trippy maps" and anything w/ spewers on it as well as maps w/ lots of trees.

IP:

Neo
posted June 22, 2001 05:08 AM            
I like Didgeridoo and Black Mesa a lot; Caldera and/or Target could be interesting too. Definitely avoid modmaps, especially acid-maps.

I still haven't installed or even downloaded the pyramid map, but I'll get to it.

EDIT- Syntax.

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited June 22, 2001).]

IP:

ni
posted June 22, 2001 06:23 AM            
Ni's shot down in flames... NeeeeeEEOOOOOOOOOOOOooooowwwww...lol!! Alright...

Maybe Turtles? Black Mesa, Steppes and Mosquito are pretty barren lookin...guess it'll be suited to JVortex's theory of minimal to no trees!

IP:

ni
posted June 22, 2001 06:35 AM            
Some1 can shoot me down again, but if there's gonna b a hefty turn out for this, what about nukes...they cause a lot of clutter in the best of circumstances! I know they're almost mandatory to TM but if one goes off, there'll b a lot of slow motion for a lot of peeps!!!

IP:

Vlad
posted June 22, 2001 06:44 AM            
The Moon MUST be omitted. Ice is tolerable, spending 30 seconds in the air each time you get hit by anything is not.

As far as weapons, how about no Nuke, Cruise, Matter, or Shadow?

The 4 weapons that require the least skill.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 22, 2001 12:33 PM            
That one map CTF Spiral might be a fun thing to try out. we've never had a CTF DDM before ahve we? or like CTF pyramids. DNX, BWL,TC, Alliance clan. We each have a flag just a othught. Also no moon Or maybe RC's cave map would be intresting

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

TurdHeart
posted June 23, 2001 12:02 AM            
Caldera Pleeeeeeeeeez...

I was just jousting with SuperUnknown - that tank is bloody UNSTOPPABLE!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 23, 2001 04:25 AM            
LOL....................................
Skandradon.........I know you don't want to her me bith'n about bad maps so I guess just do what everybody else likes

IP: