|
Author Topic:   FOG !
=DNX= Matrix
posted June 19, 2001 12:01 AM            
I can easily change the colour but im buggered if i can sus out the deapth ? i think it would add a certain mystery and stratey element to the game. Tell u what too, play at 4am with the "CHOCK CHIP" sound that chills ya bones in the fog lol !

i may even try to make statues with glowing eyes or some stuff like that !

a graveyard map even LMAO !

**cue thriller music**

thoughts ?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 19, 2001 04:18 AM            
There already is some fog,or haze,if you video card can do it.If you look in the horizon at a distant hill its shrouded in haze.Although a thick fog would be interesting.The radar would really come in handy then

IP:

JVortex
posted June 19, 2001 12:33 PM            
ive been trying to think of a way to do that. different things like a weapon that makes fog on the map, dust and what have you. only thing i could come up with was layered spheres set to rotate and last a while (set the env light and youre good to go). didnt much like that idea tho due to lag. then i thought rotating cubes would probably work better and give a better effect anyhow. anyone want to tackle this one? who knows, i may get to it someday.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

A2597
posted June 21, 2001 12:21 AM            
Wide area Nuclear Haze. Simple.

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 21, 2001 05:25 AM            
where can i change the distace i can see at the horizon. I would love to set it to maximum.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Rex R
posted June 21, 2001 05:44 AM            
think its under game options/misc/graphics or something like that

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 21, 2001 09:32 PM            
yeah, you can set a max of 1000, this is fine on my g-force 2mx 32meg card.

nuclear hase - hmm anyone any ideas how to just let that "hang around" with a medium transparency and a thicker haze.

ive not played with the weapons yet, blandy, any clues ? i require this as a map setting to get the bz3 maps correct.

plus it adds a very nice strategy element rather than straightforward out n out bonkers blasting.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 21, 2001 09:45 PM            
RE: Matrix and the nuclear haze idea

Could you simply make a map with spewers on it that generated those haze effects, maybe lessened a little? If you edited the graphics for those "clouds" you could simulate a light gray fog that way.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

JVortex
posted June 22, 2001 04:53 AM            
the map idea seems like the best way to go. maybe make a swamp level or something (altho i despise "water levels"). something with puddles maybe. RC? whatcha think?

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 22, 2001 12:45 PM            
OHOHHOHOOHHOOHOHHHOHOHM ATRIX MATRIX, ok. Youknow the FLower Power right? How it leaves all those clouds. Increase the cloud number, or size. Either way. Then make um last real long. Or make them like projectiles. That hoveraround the tanks. Have some slowly spawn like 3 ft off ground fog, 8 ft off grond fog. Im not sure what scale TM is built into but you know what I mean. And a Swamp Underwater levle would be kewl. Make the ground mossy, And Then Raise the water level. Put soem tres on top. And pick a place in the air high up where fog spawns and drops. And hovers around tanks with VERY low guidance? or something like that. And ther *VERY* slow. And Matrix, have you made a map editor?

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 23, 2001 08:41 PM            
no i havent made a map editor.

swamp levl huh, hmm im not sure that moving through treacle is everyones idea of fun.

i know RC has an idea for an underwater map !!!

im still badgering away at the bz3 mod.

IP: