|
Author Topic:   Matrix Returns....
=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2001 07:44 PM            
Well in a manner of speaking anyways. Alot of you have been asking whats been keeping me away.... well, if you goto the DMF Site ( www.deathmatch-federation.com ) you will see that the first cover art is up for BZ3-Final Conflict.

Theres a god reason for that too - goto the MODS page (linked on the left menu) and you will see what ive been busy with.

There will be 2 installs of bz3 - one will simply ass bits to existing players setups that want to access everything, and one dedicated install that completely takes over TM with new intro screens, newlook menu's, and a limited number of bits that only ppl interested in bz can use. In addition a bz player has come forward with a T1 setup offering services to run a server specifically for this purpose.

Note to LDA - i know about the textures thing so i will be making the necessary changes for original BZ textures once the main balls of the maps are done.

I need to find out how to specify pickup location and type, static or rotating.

ill be changing the mp3's and adding a mass of new ships to play with.

All credits and copyrights will be adhered to. A friend of mine has also agreed to distribute the mod on a magazine cover cd when done - so if this dont pull in the ppl nothing will. PS: the battlezone community are going nuts now they have seen theese shots and the counter at the DMF is really starting to gain speed.

I will release a screensaver soon for tm and one for TM/BZ3 both will be used for advertising purposes to try n get more ppl buying the game.

hey Jim, can i have a job !!! lol

no but seriously, a mod of this size n type could get me noticed, and i sure need to kickstart the career, webdesign in the uk just isnt taking off at all.

Greets n thx to all who have supported me so far in this endevour - i hope by october to deliver a mod of emmense proportions.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 18, 2001 08:46 PM         
Looks like I've found the first potential emergency Alpha tester for my map editor, right?

Matrix, we should have a long chat really soon.

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 18, 2001 08:50 PM         
HEY MATRIX! Nice to hear from you again! You need to get on ICQ man... I have NEVER seen you on, LOL! Any word about the art compo m8? Has the judging finished? I know I didnt win, but I just wanted to know... Talk to you later m8!

------------------
What up????? My life IS computerz, LOL...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 18, 2001 09:40 PM            
dreamer m8 - i lost ur icq - readd me - 30148958

yes ill alpha test np

dnx-striker man change that name and let the folks here know who ya are !!! lol

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 18, 2001 09:52 PM            
Didn't know you were gone Just kidding.Welcome back.Hope it will be worth all the trouble when its finished.

IP:

peeeto
posted June 25, 2001 12:08 PM         
Matrix - regarding your TM lockup problems, my PC at home does that every once in a while.

one time, when TM would lock up without fail, i opened the PC case to check for overheating problems. what i found was a BUNCH of dust had built up on my little gfix card fan. after i cleaned that off, TM ran great! now i try to get in there every once in a while to keep it clean.

even still, TM will infrequently lockup...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 25, 2001 08:49 PM            
must admit peeeot, i have formatted down and reinstalled windows 98 v.2se - installed DX-8 and the latest drivers - im still gettin the freeze, i suspected a flashed bios of the card or a change in the BIOS setup was to blame but no luck there either.

Next step was to check my motherboard drivers were in there - YUP !

so next step has to be as you say the overheat issue-- i have 1 proc fan, a case fan and a nice heatsinc on the gfx card (Nvidia G-Force 2MX OEM)

So its either heat or maybe a ram-board is out of place - but nah that would cause the BLUE DRAGON.......

Windoze runs fine and never locks - just when i use OpenGL. DX-8 games take about 4 hours b4 lockup - i find this an odd thing.

But ill open the case tommorrow and take a sneeky peeky n' see what i can see

IP:

peeeto
posted June 26, 2001 10:16 AM         
also, i had a more stable system BEFORE i went to DX 8.0 and then to 8.0a...

but since you really can't uninstall, and things are relatively stable, i'm leaving as-is until i find the need to start from scratch

IP: