|
Author Topic:   Major problem with the Demo server
coax
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 12:52 AM            
I remember hearing there was a problem that the screen loaded black and the chat lines go all screwy. This happened to me on Karldar's server. Please some people check it out via 1.6 and let me know if it happened to you?

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Vlad
posted June 17, 2001 01:20 AM            
The only time I've had that problem is when trying to join a server with a tank that's not on it (like one of the Kasplatt tanks on Skran's servers.. it just don't work). Make sure you're using either Falcon or the other demo tank (can't remember what it is at the moment). Unlike the earlier demo, Dreadnought and Nemesis are NOT in this one, so using them will cause connection troubles.

IP:

Neo
posted June 17, 2001 01:42 AM            
Destroyer, I think. Not sure though. But yeah, Vlad's right--only like 2 tanks work in the demo, if you pick something else, it will be messy.

IP:

Karldar
posted June 17, 2001 01:55 AM            
Yeah, the tanks included in the demo are the falcon and destroyer. Not much choice, but better than the #%#@$#@$^%@$ mite! Anyhoo, I'll try out my server with a few different tanks and see what happens-besides nothing, that is....

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Vlad
posted June 17, 2001 02:24 AM            
The server works fine. I was just on it. It's a bit laggy for me, though...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 02:27 AM            
YOUR RIGHT I MIGHT OF BEEN TRYING TO CONNECT WITH ZODIAC

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 02:31 AM            
Thought it was Falcon Ans Barbarian?

IP:

Karldar
posted June 17, 2001 03:30 AM            
coax-Whenever I try to connect to my server with an unsupported tank I get a black background with "MAP LOADED" displayed and the messages scrolling up from the bottom. The video stutters a bit, as well. Izzat what happened to you?

Vlad-the lag was prolly my fault. Saw ya come on. I was playing on my demo server as Supafreak again(how dare I! lol) and I've established that my poor ol' PIII 450 doesn't do that well running the game AND the server. KONG and I had a pretty good couple games, tho.

Super-I accidentally identified the two tanks as falcon and barbarian in an earlier thread, but it is actually the destroyer.

KONG-Sorry to leave ya hangin' earlier. My dumb ass hit "stop game" when I was trying to adjust my in-game options.

Did I forget anybody?

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Neo
posted June 17, 2001 03:43 AM            
coax = GUIDO?!?! ::twilight zone music::

FUN

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 03:54 AM            
hell no. I'm like 10 times better then Guido

------------------

IP:

ni
posted June 17, 2001 06:03 AM            
Coax, didn't I offer insight on this topic before, and you said you didn'tknow what I was talking about?

Well, WM suggested some dervers don't work with modified tanks, which was what I was using so I went back to the likes of Falcon, Mite, Talon, etc and they work ok seemingly!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 01:11 PM            
yeah i remmber that topic now. But, the zodiac isn't a modified tank its a stock liquid tank on my comp.

IP:

ni
posted June 17, 2001 01:29 PM            
Well, that's the thing, Zodiac isn't one of the 2 tanks that are included on the demo, so it willnae woirk!!!

And, if Jvortex reads this, is Voyeger compatible with your server yit?? Or any server?

IP:

JVortex
posted June 17, 2001 05:43 PM            
Voyager isnt on any servers yet (that i know of anyhow). it will be posted to nguk Kasplettt fairly soon tho. i plan on posting both voyager and the warbird at the same time to the server. so once the warbird is out of beta stage they will both be there on Kasplattt

IP:

ni
posted June 17, 2001 06:13 PM            
Cool...cheers JV!!!! Can't wait!!!

IP: