|
Author Topic:   DDM Tomorrow Night 8PM EST
Skandranon
posted June 16, 2001 06:58 PM            
Same bat-time, same bat-channel...

Hey, is this the Tenth Anniversary DDM? We should bring cake and punch.

As usual, I'm busy but will try and be there for at least a little while, even if I don't compete/compete seriously. And the server's up in advance for practicing and playing field familiarization.

Maybe sometime soon we should try something for a change of pace. A mod match? A race? Team scoring? Hmm.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited June 16, 2001).]

IP:

oli2808
posted June 16, 2001 07:14 PM            
cool.Yeh i think the idea of variety should be involved - different types of match would be good.Or what about awards for people doing stupid things - e.g.- most suicidal player award?

IP:

Neo
posted June 16, 2001 09:50 PM            
lol, I agree. But I think I would win most suicidal, week after week.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 16, 2001 11:13 PM            
Nah, Neo. Stuart, SuperUnknown, and Sailor would probably tie for that one. Those boys just don't know when to cut and run. Points for aggressiveness, but dying doesn't help your score.

Quoth Patton, "You don't win wars by dying for your country, you win wars by making some other poor fool die for his."

So what're the suggestions for variety, maybe for next time?

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 16, 2001 11:33 PM            
Hey Skand......I do win DDM's with my playing style Not everybody plays like a chicken shi.......er......I mean defensivly All that really matters is your frag score.Number of deaths only comes into factor when there is a tie.So why play so cautiously?Granted I do not run into a battle with guns blazing,not caring whether I die or not.I'm sure I've caught you with your pants down as I run right up on you

IP:

Neo
posted June 16, 2001 11:41 PM            
lol

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 16, 2001 11:57 PM            
And I'm also sure I've slapped you across the map a few times when you barrel over the hill. More than a few. *chuckle*

And no, number of deaths does matter to me and others - 'I kill them a lot more than they kill me' is pretty important. I'd rather have a great ratio and take second than a Pyrrhic victory.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

KONG
posted June 17, 2001 12:04 AM            
tell em skan

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 02:33 AM            
Well......thats not what the developer had in mind when he made the game and its also not how you win a game.So.......... And I never "barrel over a hill" without having some sort of attack plan.Are you comparing my play to that of a mindless bot now? Sometimes it works,sometimes it don't.I guess I could be worried about the number of shots I fire and successfuly hit a target in a game,but I'm not.The moral on't make fun of other peoples playing styles when you can't back it up with a little one on one

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited June 17, 2001).]

IP:

Neo
posted June 17, 2001 03:22 AM            
Grudge match!

IP:

Karldar
posted June 17, 2001 03:36 AM            
POOP!

------------------
I like pie!
This spam brought to you by Karldar and his Smackdown....

IP:

TurdHeart
posted June 17, 2001 09:31 PM            
That was gooooood. I spent most of the time in the air, unfortunately. I kept getting my proverbial arse kicked by the mass driver. I swear it was the only weapon on there at one point.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 17, 2001 09:54 PM            
I don't think I've played with you Turdhart,that was until the DDM.I didn't realize you were so good.You had the lead during most of the first game.If it wasn't for some quick frags in the last 10 minutes you prob would have one and not me.Hope to see you at more of these

IP:

Neo
posted June 17, 2001 11:57 PM            
I don't know if anyone else had prob's, but I was getting ridiculous amounts of lag. Ping times were acceptable, but I was getting like 2 FPS or less. Also got numerous 10-15 sec lockups. Anyway I don't want to complain; it was still a lot of fun. Just wondering if its my computer or the server?

I think the only reason I did alright was because there were so many wounded and burning tanks around.

Good games everyone.

P.S. Weatherman where were you??

IP: