|
Author Topic:   what's everybody's favourite tm weapon then?
oli2808
posted June 16, 2001 01:57 PM            
so what's everyone's favourite weapon in tm at the moment??

IP:

Karldar
posted June 16, 2001 02:36 PM            
Well, my bio sez it's the mass driver for me-I love seein' tanks fly across the map. Course, that's unmodded. I really like a lot of the mods out there(dark nova, flaming boulder, tree strike plasma wave cannon, etc. come to mind), but I don't think I can pick a favorite just yet. For now, the tornado is prolly my favorite weapon mod-really cool effects.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Rex R
posted June 16, 2001 02:39 PM            
well I'm rather fond of the paper airplane... the 240mm is nice though for visuals the spirit bomb would be hard to beat

IP:

oli2808
posted June 16, 2001 03:50 PM            
i'm pretty addicted to using the 240mm at the moment for some reason.The tornado is pretty damn good though.Oh and Good word about the flaming boulder kaldar.

IP:

JVortex
posted June 16, 2001 05:58 PM            
my favorite weapon isnt released yet, but hopefully will be soon! cant say what it is as its not my mod... HURRY UP VLAD!!!!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Vlad
posted June 16, 2001 06:52 PM            
Lol. What're you complaining about, you get to play with it! I think the version I sent you is as final as it's going to get. Now it's just a matter of whipping up the other things I was thinking of and releasing a pack...

IP:

synack
posted June 16, 2001 07:05 PM         
In terms of classic weapons, my favorite remains Swarmers. I just love charging a target and letting it loose. Boom!!

IP:

oli2808
posted June 16, 2001 07:09 PM            
hehhehheh,what's this? a weapon that i haven't got my mits on yet? - vlad you need to send me!!!!!!

oh and swarmers kick ass!

IP:

lordbyron
posted June 16, 2001 10:09 PM            
Favorite weapon?

Uhmm...My favorite classic weapon has got to be the MRL. Swarmers are neat, but a tad weak for me. The rockets, when they hit, usually finish the job. (And don't peter out in some swirling ballet.)

As for modded weapons...Das MIRVS all the way. Classic flow...good visuals, good sounds, and a balanced destructive potential--simplicity itself. The Tornado is an awesome tour-de- force--a modder's wet dream/nightmare, and fun to watch, but a little gimmicky for my tastes.

Just my opinion,

--lb

IP:

lordbyron
posted June 16, 2001 10:11 PM            
And Vlad's "Dark Nova" wins the best concept honors in my book...Good going.

--lb

IP:

Vlad
posted June 16, 2001 10:27 PM            
heheh.. wait until you see the one that Jvortex is talking about. I think I'd be fairly safe in saying that it's nothing like anybody's seen before...

Yes, it's a power weapon, but it's not invunerable. It's possible to stop it from even doing what it's supposed to do :-)

However, I'm probably not going to release it by itself. I've noticed that most people download packs as opposed to individual weapons. Once I finish a few more weapons (already have 3 completely done, this one, the Dark Nova, and the PeaceKeeper), I'll release a pack.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 16, 2001 11:35 PM            
For kills-Plasma Cannon
For fun-Mass Driver

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 17, 2001 12:46 AM            
Hmmm

My favorite LDA TM weapon: Dirtball

My favorite weapon overall: Sheep Mines

Baaah!

------------------
Random Chaos
randomc@treadmarks.cjb.net
Admin for theTerrain Deformation Site, Terrain Deformation Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaosand the Mining Guild

IP:

ni
posted June 17, 2001 06:10 AM            
Well, unmodified, I'd go for the Mass Driver too although tis a bit disorientating when used on you, or maybe the Plasma cannon, just a pity it takes the time for a coupla puter reboots to reload...

Modified weapon's gotta that Chaos of Fire weapon...you take out about 20 tanks in a matter of mins!!

IP:

blandy
posted June 17, 2001 08:04 AM            
Well, I gotta say that I do enjoy firing a NUKE! at ppl and watching them get splattered all over the map

I did like the Cruise Missle but got p!ssed off with it. Drivin' about somewhere and BANG! U'r dead! DOH!

http://icb.cib.net

IP:

TurdHeart
posted June 17, 2001 09:26 PM            
Aside from the fuhgeddabouddit weapons, I feel as though I'm most effective with the flamer. For mods, tho, I friggin' LOVE Oli's boulder.... makes me laugh so hard! The tornado and MirvII are pretty bloody cool, too.

IP:

kv
posted June 17, 2001 09:29 PM            
After the DDM and some online play earlier: the 120mm. Nothing better than spinning around your opponent exchanging shots.

Reminded me why I like this game so much.

IP:

Paranor
posted June 17, 2001 11:03 PM            
After much pondering it would be the plasma mines. They are so fun to shoot and just cause frag counts to go up like nuts. Especially when it *seems* you spawn repeatedly with that as your weapon during a DDM.

I like the flamer for the classic weapon and 240mm for mod.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 18, 2001 01:53 AM            
Well for classic. I would have to say mass driver Im a really slow learner but once i learn you can't get it outa me. Im discovering teh secrest of the MRL which may be my new favortie obsession for a while hehe For modded. What can i say It would have to be my GIANT NUKE AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA ITS VERY VERY SLOW!!! Its just the right speed, so you can outrun it. But it doesn't die very fast Its fun looking behind you. And you inch away fomr it. Then you Instantly spin forward and stay there trying to avoid pot holes.......ditches...etc anything that might make you slower or flip lol. And th esecond you hit a tree. Collide with another tank. Well....... you know the story. This one i made when i still had demo, and i was Raceing DreadNought on the Ramp. So i would go all over the level and that nuke just stayed behind me. Then eventaully about 1/4 the tanks inclduing me had a little friend. Cept THOSE CRUEL UNHEARTED PEOPLE BLEW THERE FREINDS UP!!!!! THEY STOPPED AND BLOW UP THER FREINDS THERE EVIL I TELL YOU! And me and dudy made a Giant YEllow Atomic Bomb It was fun hehe. Giant GIANT Mines. With Nuclear Graphics......etc we never released it tohugh............................ i have to dig it out dudy has it still i think and again i've forgotten the topic and i've lost myself as well.

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP: