This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   I need HELP!!!!!!!
IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 01:03 PM         
I have the Tread Marks 1.5 Demo. Does anybody know if there is a crack for it to make it the whole game? Also, the demo wont work! Whe i start tread marks, i click, "Hardware 3D OpenGL" and then it says Tread Marks is now loading... Then a critical failure message comes up and say, "Could not initialize acceptable OpenGL rendering context!" can anyone help me?

IP:

Rex R
posted June 16, 2001 01:19 PM            
as to the 1st. to my knowledge there is NO crack to convert the demo to the full version. the 'crack' would be over 60mb minimum. also we don't condone such illeagle acts (you should know better than to ask this on the company bbs). and for the 2nd item it would appear that you don't have the open gl drivers. could you give us some info on your system(type of vid card, which version of windows, cpu type)? this will help us to point you toward the proper sites though I would suggest you try your video card makers website, look for 'downloads/drivers/open_gl'

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 02:20 PM         
Ok, i dont know wut kind of card or anything like that, but I have a Compaq Presario 1277 Laptop, with Windows 98. But I dont use the laptop display, if that matters, i have a monitor connected up to it. The monitor is a Gateway 2000:Vivitron 1572. Does that help any? And i dont know who made my video card...

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 02:23 PM         
Also, cracks are illegal?????? I had no knollege of this, a friend had told me about a crack for a game, and i know little about them, thank you for telling me they are illegal, and I apoligize TreadMarks.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 16, 2001 02:54 PM            
well a lot of 'cracks' give you something for free (like unlocking features) we're rather protective of tread marks. some cracks allow you to dupe the game(or other software) cd's those are debatable as to legality. the other thing is tread marks really isn't all that expensive as games go(think I've read prices ranging from 10-30$)

IP:

Rex R
posted June 16, 2001 03:00 PM            
check the readme file and see if there is an address for GLSETUP you will want the web version (you need to connected to the internet before running the program) this program will check your video card and then go and get and install the proper drivers

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 16, 2001 03:02 PM            
If you got openGl errors. You can download the latest updated drivers gere http://www.glsetup.com/ .

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Rex R
posted June 16, 2001 03:04 PM            
what he said (thx for posting the addy)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 16, 2001 05:03 PM            
lol, whats with people sneaking their post in before me

Gotta type faster

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 16, 2001 06:45 PM            
Hmm... he'll probably have to go to Compaq's support/drivers section and download the proper driver that supports OpenGL. And even then, since the Compaq uses an ATi Rage (probably XL or earlier model), getting TM to work will be a problem. ATi's not known for their OpenGL ability.

It is possible to get it working on most, though.

UPDATE:
Well, never mind... that model notebook doesn't even use something up to the Rage's low standards. Yikes. A Trident Cyberblade!
I'd update your drivers to the latest (here's a link: http://web14.compaq.com/falco/sp_syn.asp?detail=yes&recid=SP16778 ) and then try GLSetup as recommended before. And cross your fingers - I don't know anything about the Cyberblade's ability to support GL.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited June 16, 2001).]

IP:

KONG
posted June 16, 2001 07:55 PM            
go to control panel>system>device manager, and look for "display adapter". click properties and see what card/drivers u have installed.

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 16, 2001 08:35 PM            
quote:
ATi's not known for their OpenGL ability.

*Looks down at his ATi Radeon, which has killer OpenGL performance*

Really? :P

IP:

KONG
posted June 16, 2001 09:01 PM            
hey kaeto, i just bought a radeon. i tried all the drivers i can find but it still wont work . 300 mhz-k62 128 ram 98 se

IP:

KONG
posted June 16, 2001 09:06 PM            
to iwant: go to ati.com drivers unsupported and see what the latest driver is for your chipset

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 16, 2001 11:08 PM            
No Kaeto, they're not. That's their first card that supports it fully. HOW old is QuakeGL and such games again? Try getting OpenGL games to run on anything but that. You're in for an adventure, and you'll probably never get the whole feature set of GL to work. Ati's driver support still stinks, and no matter how good their cards are, if they don't do something about that nVidia's going to eat them for lunch. They already had 3dfx for breakfast. Sad but true.

Let's hear it for the Kyro and Hercules/Guillemot and hope for some competition again.

Oh, and Kong - if his model number is correct, that advice won't do him any good. He has a Trident (*shudder*) integrated video chip.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited June 16, 2001).]

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 11:13 PM         
THX every one, i habe upgraded to 1.6, i am trying everything u guys have told me, thx....

Also,

TO:Skandranon, I clciked the site that u put, and it took me to the compaq site, and it said: clcik here to order the driver CD. Where can i just download it?

IP:

KONG
posted June 16, 2001 11:19 PM            
oh boy, my compaq notebook will run tm with a rage pro, shared arch. allthough it took alot of tweeking. just wish i could get my kids machine to work with the radeon. i really dont have time to keep messing with it. my son wants to play tm. dont have an agp slot so i had to buy a pci card that was available. any help?

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 11:47 PM         
ALRIGHT BOYS!!!!!!! We are making some progress!! I went into Tread Marks, and it said, "tread marks is now loading..." then some music started to play!!!! then it said "could not initialize acceptable OpenGL rendering context!" LOL, closer.... Right now I am downloading the GL stuff from www.somethignGl.com, or something like that/...LOL i cant remember

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 11:50 PM         
Ok, nm, that GL thing didnt work, it said that it had no drivers for my computer or something like that... 8( HELP....????????!!!!!!!!!

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 16, 2001 11:53 PM            
IwantTreadMarks -

On that page there's a link that says 'SoftPaq'. Download that file and run it. I believe that should do it. I do have my doubts that it's going to work - I don't know if the Cyberblade even supports OpenGL! I don't see it listed at www.opengl.org (a good place to start for GL problems...)

Kong -
Hmm.. I don't know off the top of my head. Best you could probably do is go to the tech support sections of AMD.com and Ati.com and hope they have something about getting an old Super7 system to work with the Radeon. Another option is searching for AMD, K6, and radeon at deja.com to see what's been posted on Usenet regarding the topic. I'm sure someone's done it before.

On the other hand.... why did you buy a Radeon for a K6? Kinda like putting a supercharger on a Chevette.

For the same cost as a Radeon, you could've probably gotten an 800Mhz Duron (that likely would overclock to 1000 with no work) and a new motherboard. RAM's cheap too. Fact is - a new video card still has to be fed by the processor, so if your processor's slow, the video card isn't going to perform well at all. You're generally better off upgrading motherboard/CPU and getting a second-rate vidcard than going for a good video card and leaving the CPU.

FYI - last I checked, a Duron 800 from a reliable company was $40, and a good motherboard (Asus A7V133, Epox 8KTA3, Iwill KK266, Abit KT7A) was about $120-140.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 16, 2001 11:57 PM         
Ok, thx Skan, I am downloading that softpaq thing right now! I will get back with you tommorow with the details...

IP:

KONG
posted June 17, 2001 12:12 AM            
skan, machine ran tm with 8 mb card but had alot of lag . wanted to try upgrade but also use the card in case i have to build a new machine. will probably end up buying g-force. thought kaeto might help... radeon 32-sdr.

iwant ... give these guys some info about your system.

pretty sure i talked about this before, joe internet user cant run the game . u can only expect a small group of people who can figure this out. too much trouble for most people?

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 17, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited June 17, 2001).]

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 17, 2001 02:21 AM            
Not exactly, Kong... if it's a stock card from nVidia (what most machines have these days) and anything from a PII/300 up it should run TM just fine.

A Radeon SDR should do a good job with TM as well, just need at least a low end PIII or Athlon feeding it. If you sometime want to upgrade your system, email me - PC hardware and building cheap machines is what I specialize in. I keep up to date on what works with what.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 17, 2001 01:25 PM            
The best place for ATi drivers & news is www.rage3d.com. Go there and click on the Radeon drivers link - the 7075 drivers should work fine with TM. Like Skandranon said though, that card is far faster than your CPU can feed it, so you won't get as much out of it as you would with a faster system.

Skan - actually, the Rage128 had full ICD IIRC, but performance was often awful. Anyhow - the Radeon has been out for quite a while now, and while they aren't as fast as Nvidia's best, they're cheaper, have more features, and have much better display quality.

Anyone who says the Radeon's drivers suck needs to get up to date - 9 months ago they weren't that great, but I have zero problems with my Radeon.

The reason 3Dfx died was because they produced hardware with crappy features and held the worlds record for worst drivers ever. ATi is still doing quite well vis-a-vis Nvidia - the Radeon LE has the best price/performance ratio out there right now, and that's where a lot of money is. Hopefully the next refresh of the Kyro will add some more features, too.

IP:

IwantTreadMarks
posted June 17, 2001 02:05 PM         
Ok, I installed the SoftPaq thing, and that is the driver I already have. I checked, and it said I have the best, and latest driver for my sytem. SO WHAT......ARE YOU GUYS SAYING THERE IS NO WAY FOR IT TO WORK ON MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
This sucks man, I have tons of other games on my computer that have awsome 3D graphics... is there not some one out there smart enough to fix this problem????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2