|
Author Topic:   Anyone know if its possible...
=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2001 09:24 PM            
To make additional TANK classes appart from Metal and Liquid ?

The answer to this one is essential to how i proceed with the mod.

thx guys.

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 14, 2001 12:25 AM            
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok matrix i just clicked on dnx world link i came over here. and...... YESH i seroiusly tohught my ears were picking up radio waves. It was that music off your site!! you nearly scread me to death!!! cause i've heard werid stuff wihle lying on the couch. And it sounds really high pitched and i think its hte neighbors cat next door. But it usually stops meowing/Barking/Hiccuping/Growleing/and dieing after 2 seconds. But that music well it didn't sotp and now not to waste all my writting on this Argh i forgot what i was gonna say all this writting it slipped out me ears, and i can't find it again. Maybe i didn't know you probley just, wait a minute hold on, it keeps coming back and i forget again. Ohwell ;( and you still have to authorizae me on icq hehe

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 14, 2001 03:42 AM         
What else would you want?
It could only be a combination of both classes' properties...

post #11111, btw

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited June 14, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted June 14, 2001 04:13 AM            
I believe that what he is after is not so much as new properties, but rather a way of limiting the games choice of tanks as in currently you can limit(single player) the bots to steel or liquid as well as anything goes

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 14, 2001 08:15 AM            
thats right rex, for the bz3 mod ppl should only be able to choose the bz tanks not anything and everything they have installed - which means i have 2 options.

1) find a way to limit the TYPE of tanks available (bz ships and not liquid or steel).

or

2) create a complete new tm install and mod it to death overwriting existing files with new ones but keeping the same filename to get the server running.

its a major problem, and im quite stumped without the answer.

oh and you can keep tabs on the progress of the mod if u like, ive put a progress bar up on the DMF Mods page.

cheers.

IP:

Neo
posted June 14, 2001 01:17 PM            
Wood tanks would be cool. Or maybe plastic....

IP:

JVortex
posted June 14, 2001 06:54 PM            
as far as i know matrix youll have to make replacemend addon files with the same type name as existing files. that probably made no sense...

to replace the dreadnaught for example you would have to take the Tank20A.ent file and in that file change whatever info necessary (tank display name, tank stats, model, texture and so on) BUT leave the line that says "Type = Tank20A" completely alone.

this way you can use the addon folder to replace the stock tanks with new ones. if you end up having less BZ tanks than TM tanks then remaining TM tanks can be removed by coppying the tanks ent file to the addon folder and commenting out the type parameter.

this would mean that people would have no choice but to switch addon folders before playing, but i dont think thats a problem as most people do this anyhow.

ICQ at me if you have any questions.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 14, 2001 08:21 PM            
sounds like thats the answer then - thx man.....

as most ppl doctor their interfaces i recon oill do that too just for sumthin NEW to look at with the same functionality.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 15, 2001 01:31 AM            
from what I've seen as long as the name of the tank ent does not begin with 'liquid' the tank is consdidered 'steel'. technically the '8ball' tank should be a liquid tank however the game says its a steel tank

IP: