|
Author Topic:   Joining the Treads
Biohazard
posted June 13, 2001 12:21 AM            
Just saying hi to the Treads community. I'm a game mod maker, and I'm thinking Treads will be my next obsession.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 12:36 AM            
Welcome to the community. The mod portion of the community is currently having a Renaissance, you came at a good time.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2001 12:40 AM            
hey coax, i dont wanna upset you or anything, i mean i know u feel intimidated but..........

hes also in dnx

-=[/2]=- hehehe l8r

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 12:45 AM            
lol, intimidated?

Gotta love that British humour, I'm still trying to figure out what mate means.

------------------

IP:

Rex R
posted June 13, 2001 01:49 AM            
'mate' prolly stems from shipmate. last bit I read bout it said it refers to friend, buddy etc.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 01:56 AM            
who would actually say "mate" though. When "dude" sounds so much better

------------------

IP:

JVortex
posted June 13, 2001 03:18 AM            
hello, hey there, hi three, ho there. good to have another modder in the ranks!

welcome!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 04:52 AM            
Hope to frag you soon

IP:

ni
posted June 13, 2001 06:20 AM            
Mate - Friend, Pal, Bud, Buddy, Compadre, Associate, Chum, Chummer, matey (pirate), mucker, chief, supporter, companion, fellow sailor (pirate again), fellow bloke, non-random bloke... member of the Quaker religious sect?...comrade, honorary sibling...anything else?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 01:00 PM            
friend, man.

I don't know when i hear "mate". I feel like saying I'm not your mate, I only mate with one person and thats my gf.

------------------

IP:

oli2808
posted June 13, 2001 06:25 PM            
lol coax - you gotta point.Don't ask why but the word'mate' is just there in our vocabulary - might aswell use it.Hey we don't say 'dude!' do we?

IP:

ni
posted June 13, 2001 06:38 PM            
We say 'mate' all the time in UK... "alright mate!", "how do, mate!", "wassup mate?!" and so on!! Not referring to mating, yeesh!! I thought you lot did use 'dude'!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 07:19 PM            
I say "dude" dude is like the only thing to say. Dude is what we say in America. Or Motha F*cka depends on the mood really.

------------------

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 08:58 PM            
Mate is definitely for friend. Dude is for the younger crowd. An appreciation of the breadth of the English language is for the older ones of us. (English - meaning both British, American, Australian, etc...) We should all appreciate the diversity we have with the exception of the bad nature it sometimes brings out in some people.

Viva la difference and goodday mate.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2001 09:20 PM            
look on the bright side, at least we dont do the aussie thing with "ORrraight Cobber"

dude or dood sounds like sumthin the dog left in the street - aka doo-doo.

but m8, mate, bud , pal, friend, r all uk slang and its a nice gesture we think.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 10:13 PM            
::raises a Corona for diversity::

------------------

IP:

Biohazard
posted June 13, 2001 10:43 PM            
Hey, thanks for all the 'ello's from my fellow compatriots (thats one y'all haven't used yet).

And thanks for those who pointed out some o' their resources, much obliged.

I'm gettin' side-tracked (or side-treaded, however ya say it here mending fences that got trampled, but hopefully I'll be back at looking through my Treads stuff in a week or so. I'm looking forward to popping some tops off them tin cans real quick.

Bo

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 14, 2001 01:28 AM            
hiya n howd'y do I'd really like to see the ginat nose weapon where it fires green spray at other tanks. Not damageing them but kicking them so negatively hard they get stuck in the same place and paralyzed for 30 seconds or how bout the lamp shade weapon, or the Blue berry waffle weapon, or the Mirror fomr Snow White weapon......... *falls asleep*..............*Wakes up* the Upside down Giant KILLER mite from the Milky way *You tohught i was gona say mars matey *....*Ponders what to say*....*sneese on keyboard*

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

oli2808
posted June 14, 2001 02:15 PM            
well in response to the mate thing AGAIN i think (as i am british) mate is a pretty cool word to use.Dude is crap.Mother ****a sounds good aswell - nice ring to it.

IP: