|
Author Topic:   More Probs with the 1.6.0 upgrade.
=DNX= Matrix
posted June 12, 2001 06:05 PM            
my m8 just bought treadmarks on my good word as a quality player (hehehe !) prob is we downloaded the patch (the correct one as well, i checked) and did the config file thing too, but it says

TM.exe - unknown version.

its straight off the cd and even the game says its 1.5.5

what can we do to get my m8 upgraded to 1.6.0 ?

IP:

oli2808
posted June 12, 2001 06:34 PM            
easy solution matrix.All you gotts do is go on Treadmarks.com - download the extra config file and replace it for your old one and install.You can change the file back afterwards if you like.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 12, 2001 06:54 PM         
I don't know if this would work, but you can try downloading the 1.59 patch from here: http://www.che.utexas.edu/~johnsan/TM159Update.exe . Then you buddy can try to update from that to 1.6.

If that doesn't work, your mate can still play w/1.59

EDIT: He will probably get that darn cfg error, lol. I couldn't get the patch to work. I had my friend mail me his 1.59 .cfg file and it worked. I remember soomeone else saying that there was only 1 incorrect line in the cfg that needed changing , but I don't remember who or what.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited June 12, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 12, 2001 06:55 PM         
If nothing else helps, download ALL the patches and apply them one after another.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 12, 2001 09:16 PM            
159 first, interesting idea, ill do that thx weatherman, btw what u think to your bit on the DMF bio !

Oli, i did the config thing, it worked fine, but the patch failed on the tm.exe

weird weird world huh ! lol

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 13, 2001 02:26 AM            
Matirx Same thing just Happened to me, I had to Reinstall treadmarks. Delete Tank.Log, or cut it and paste it in another folder worked for me. I think it was Tank.log

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2001 10:55 AM            
thx ga, ill give it a go..... btw how u like ur flag ?

IP:

oli2808
posted June 13, 2001 06:16 PM            
ah well - anything as long as it works matrix

IP: