GoldAnt Number 1
Seeba-Ka
Teetabird
Skandranon
Weasel
DBK-100
Uckfaouya
Sword Command

if your names not here it oughta be, or your score will not count when the tourney comes around.

Register for membership today (link at top).
you will be asked to confirm your email by return.

cheers fellas.
-=[/2]=- www.dnxworld.com

IP:

Rex R
posted June 11, 2001 02:48 AM            
I see a lot of names but, where are all the flags? I mean is it that hard to make a flag?
edit
so I see you have a flag package somewhere... can't seem to dl it though. you may wish to look into this

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited June 11, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer (BWL/MG)
posted June 11, 2001 07:22 AM            
Matrix ->

peeeto is listed twice.

You should consider listing coax and karldar, too.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 11, 2001 10:09 AM            
Rex man, the instrutions for the location and download of the flags are in the news scroller.

Goto the clans page and scroll down to where the flags are, the new flags file is in the same location the original flags file was, its pretty hard to miss it really - it says on the button DOWNLOAD FLAGS PACK 1.

Ya see the error m8, ill correct that, as for registration and membership, its not for me to register ppl without their knowledge, its up to them to register for membership, hence the form on the front page of the DMF site, its not everyone that wants membership.

besides if i register inaccurate infomation im at fault, if i register what ppl send me by copy n paste the onus for correct info is on them.

ps: oli2028 should be on that ladder list too.

IP:

ni
posted June 11, 2001 11:53 AM            
And me!!

IP:

oli2808
posted June 11, 2001 01:08 PM            
yeh thx for remembering matrix - but for christ's sake how come noone can spell my name!? - it's OLI2808!!!

IP:

JVortex
posted June 11, 2001 01:13 PM            
um... Matrix, in your news scroller on the DMF site you make a claim that the TM 1.6 patch adds in better trees and moving treads on the tanks. it doesnt. those are features planed for TM 2 when it is released.

i also couldnt get the flag pack to d load either. i tried both standard windows d load as well as a d load manager, neither would work. im still looking into it tho, could be a prob w/ just my comp. oli however said he could d load the file but it was just an empty zip...

on a side note its not a good idea to be overwriting existing flags. personally im gonna take the ones that want to overwrite and look thru them, any that i like ill let do that, but if i dont like them im not gonna install them. all flags should be addon flags, not replacement ones. granted for all i know 90% of them are addon flags, since i havent got it to d load yet. im just going by what it says on the site.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

oli2808
posted June 11, 2001 01:25 PM            
hmm yeh what's wrong with the file matrix?

why not just make all the flags add on ones instead of overwriting them?

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 11, 2001 01:34 PM            
Matrix - TC and the MG are totally separate entities. Temporal Chaos is a clan, the Mining Guild is just a group of players that's open to anyone who likes to mine pretty much...

IP:

Rex R
posted June 11, 2001 02:06 PM            
didn't mean to imply that you should register ppl w/o their consent/knowledge what I was getting at was all those folks listed. and very few flags to be found anywhere(not just your site). got the flags thank you(came through as a 2.87 mb text file,wincode to the rescue!)

IP:

JVortex
posted June 11, 2001 02:17 PM            
oh, maybe i should have been more clear...

i know for certain that at least 6 flags in there are addon flags that do not over write existing flag graphics. for all i know they are all addon flags at the point.

and in Matrix's defence he didnt create all the flags in the pack, hes just compiling whats been sent to him. so theyre getting shipped how they were sent in.

chances are ill convert the entire thing to an addon pack tho, and maybe add in a few new ones

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 11, 2001 08:48 PM            
Ok lets explain a couple of bits.

1 - sorry oli ill correct that too, that explains why your flag didnt work, after all i did put the pack together at 4am my time so an error was bound to creep in.

2 - sorry also ni, ill correct that tonight.

3 - peeeto, np ur bwl ill remove the mg stuff as it is causing a hell of a lot of confusion.

4 - homestead is having a problem with posted files, ill have another go.

5 - the overwritten flags are simply identical stock flags from the basic cd install. Its supposed to fix the flags that i overwrote in the original flagfile b4 i knew you could add your own. for those not in the know i released 3 clan flags overwriting stock ones because i didnt know what ent files were, id just bought the game. This overwrite will correct it if u installed them and have no effect if you didnt.

6 - my error again on the news ticker due to tiredness, ill correct it tonight.

IP:

Robu1
posted June 11, 2001 10:01 PM            
Do all of these guys actually play TM? About half of them I've never seen before!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 11, 2001 11:46 PM            
yes robu1, they do, some more often than others though and across EST to GMT timezones.

Flags fixed and tested.

Oli and karldars flags were submitted in 24bit colour - fixed.

names and clan member lists - fixed.

photos added with bios.

new stuff slapped on the front of the DMF homepage

--now then, i better get back to work on that screensaver again !

IT NEVER ENDS Lol !!!!!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 12, 2001 12:10 PM            
so Matrix, you are going to fix the falgs file and make new Ent files for each of the flags right?? because im not really into replaceing the Stock flags.
------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

[This message has been edited by GoldAnt_Number1 (edited June 12, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted June 12, 2001 12:48 PM            
GA all of the flags have .ent files and no you don't have to put them with the stock flags they will work just as well from the AddOns folder.
-matrix- a small quibble isn't clan TC temporal chaos?(the ent says terminal clan)
-ALL-
what goes for addon tanks goes for the new flags, you should not use them if the server doesn't have them

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 12, 2001 06:08 PM            
i know rex i seen it, sry about that, as i said it was done very early morning, so sorry for the confusion.

ill correct that in the next revision of the flags pack.

Ant, the fix replaces my mistake with the stock flags, if you never installed my original flags you have no need to worry cos youre getting the same exact files back with no changes.

feel safe my friend.

IP:

synack
posted June 12, 2001 06:19 PM         
rixy, you're a good man.

IP:

JVortex
posted June 13, 2001 03:23 AM            
i found a "problem" in the flag pack. my BZ flag is listed in there w/ out its original ent file. its also under a different display name. the original is listed as "Battle Zone" and yours is listed as "BZ RPG". chances are that on some peoples computers my flag will now show up twice.

honestly i prefer the BZ RPG flag name . assuming i remember ill try to sneak in an update file at somepoint that will blank out my original flag ent file.

IP:

blandy
posted June 13, 2001 04:21 AM            
Hey Matrix, gotta a mail off Ur buddy TITAN yesterday! An old school mate hu? Small world.

I was gonna have a multiplayer in TM last nite with JVortex's new Voyger tank, (That tank KICKS-ASS!), and it sorta...... did a lot of messin' 'bout with my modem but did nothing else! Got as far as "Player Info Sent" and did sh!t all after that! Had 2 go back into Windows, (where TM then crashed!), and close it from there! Grrrrrrr!

I'll try again 2nite.

C ya l8r ppl!

--> Go Forth and Kick-ass <--

IP:

peeeto
posted June 13, 2001 08:57 AM         
blandy - the server you're trying to connect to has to have the Voyager tank installed, otherwise there will be problems (as you know by now )

just make sure that any server you try to connect to has the tank that you want to use, first. i don't know of any that are running the Voyager yet.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 13, 2001 10:24 AM         
Hi Mateyrix,
The site looks tight. Well done. Could you drop the last sentence of the bio - I forgot the bio pic was a head shot.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 13, 2001 10:54 AM            
lol, looks like titans been a busy lad

the ent files i put in the flagpack i made by opening one, changing the details and saving out. Sorry for the lack of the original ent, it died when i lost my system to the hack attack. I had the flags in d: drive and the ents on the desktop cos i was working on em, thats why rex's isnt the subbed one either, if you send me them again ill be sure to make it all right

synack - thx man u do pretty good urself....

UPDATE ON THE BZ3 mod.

It has no official name as yet, but i have successfully extracted all the bz sounds i need, all the skins and some of the lwo files. Im still having problems making a VED file that works. I have the screens and music changes too. The weapons still need to be made. Ive included so far the original bz flags and ive made bz3 "spruced up" version of the same just for the laff.

Does anyone know if you can make a new class for tanks apart from liquid or metal ? id like my bz3 server to run bz tanks excusively.

Oh and for newbies, ive put an 'L' Plate in the new flagpack - you can thank DNX Uglybob for that idea

If theres no way to make new classes, the bz3 thing may require a complete new install and ill have to change the stock weapons and tanks to get rid of the proper install ones, i dont want to do this as it means 2 installs on your system, but id appreciate help on that one to avoid that situation.

thx all

IP:

blandy
posted June 13, 2001 12:14 PM            
U know! I thought it might B that! hehe , no matter.

Oh! me and JVortex were talkin about new weps and all! hehe, sorta went off and I said about a weapon that fires sh!t at ppl and leaves a BIG STEAMIN' SH!T BEHIND! lol, that would be cool!

Anyway, I'm at work so I'd best shoot!!

C ya l8r ppl!
http://icb.cjb.net

IP: