|
Author Topic:   When I die...
TurdHeart
posted June 10, 2001 02:38 PM            
Hi all - I wanted to figure out if I have a sound card issue here...
After playing the version 1.0 demo for over a year, I FINALLY bought the full version last week. The upgrades are pretty sweet (aside from the non-funky camera angles, which I see discussed in the archives).
Anyhoo... when I get fragged now I notice that the death-spin runs in slow motion and the sound is pitched WAY down. Does this happen to everybody else? It's cool and all, I was just wondering if the crunchy slow sound is intentional, or if it's a processor issue. Thanks, eh! ;P
Turd

IP:

kv
posted June 10, 2001 02:51 PM            
happens on mine to. I think it's supposed to be that way.

IP:

Rex R
posted June 10, 2001 03:28 PM            
ayup suposed to do that. thats so you can watch the bullets etc. fly through the space you just vacated(I think)
edit
BTW welcome to the forum

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited June 10, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted June 10, 2001 05:58 PM            
judging from the topic i thought this was going to be a wish list of "what i want when im dead".

im voting for a giant pinata full of coconuts and small screws to be suspended over the crowd gathered at the funeral. then when someone busts the thing open something interesting is bound to happen.

and yes, the slow sounding spinning death act is normal, i rather like it myself.

welcome!!!

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted June 10, 2001 08:54 PM            
I felt bad for fragging you because you became an official ant killer. I tohught you were in a hospital or soemthing playing TM for your last days. Page took a long time to load, then i find out why yuor not dieing at all but r VERY much alive _O-) howd'y

------------------
(: Can't forget those unside down smileys at the bottem can we (:

IP:

TurdHeart
posted June 10, 2001 09:26 PM            
I must say, when I *AM* on my deathbed, I will likely be spending my last breathing moments playing TM. For now, I think I have lotsa time left to kick lotsa tank butt.
Also, when that time comes, my will is gonna specifically state that nobody gets nuthin' until that "Do you have what it takes" mail-in art test commercial is off the air for good.

Such a morbid discussion, this! :O

IP:

Vlad
posted June 10, 2001 11:07 PM            
Welcome, Turdheart. The slow motion thing actually has been done in all the versions of TM, even in 1.0.1 demo. It only happened in single player, though. The difference in the current versions is that the camera pulls back so you can see what's going on around you.

Also, I don't know if LDA just added it in in the recent 1.6.0 update, but "funky" style cameras are possible. As you may have seen in previous threads, I use the mouse/keyboard, and had it set up on 1.0.1 full with Mouselook on, turret cam on, and funky camera. While the same options aren't available in the current version, if you set "Free Look" to either NumLock or ScrollLock (capslock works too, but it makes typing a pain) and turn Free Look and "Gun to Cam" on, you've got the exact same camera setup as the earlier versions of TM.

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 11, 2001 02:44 AM         
JVortex, stop that. You begin to sound like Dudymas.

IP: