SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 08, 2001 11:22 PM            
Skandradon and Weatherman.Time to play.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 09, 2001 04:41 AM            
Paging Skandradon and Weatherman........?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 09, 2001 12:26 PM         
Patience, Supe, you will have your match in good time. Skan, when can you play? My nights are free from Monday to Thursday.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 09, 2001 03:26 PM            
We'll just have to see. I have little to no control over my free time.

Maybe I'll be at the high end of my gaming waveform and give you guys a good game. Then again, I might embarrass myself at the other end of the spectrum. Very inconsistent.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 09, 2001 11:22 PM            
Well,coax and I have played every Thursday for the last 3(4?) weeks and are still undefeated in team play.I just figured you two should be next Since you were going to it last Thursday.........Think its nice to have to think about the team rather than worring about yourself.

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited June 09, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted June 09, 2001 11:56 PM            
ill take ya both on all by myself, yaa.... with one eye shut and one hand tied to the back of my keyboard. maybe even one ankle strapped to the couch.

then of course i would realize how foolish that was and promptly untie myself. at which point i would probably also realize just what a mistake it was to be there alone in the first place...

*gulp*...mommy?

IP:

Robu1
posted June 10, 2001 10:06 AM            
Ha! g1 JV. I was just remembering what somebody once said about the 2v2 server - why not leave it open so that others can practice, instead of only getting practice on once a week for the privilaged (<-- correct?) few. That way, there would be more opportunity for more players to improve their skill at 2 v 2 matches. Seems only logical to me - what do you guys think?

-Robu1

IP:

Robu1
posted June 10, 2001 10:06 AM            
Ha! g1 JV. I was just remembering what somebody once said about the 2v2 server - why not leave it open so that others can practice, instead of only getting practice on once a week for the privilaged (<-- correct?) few. That way, there would be more opportunity for more players to improve their skill at 2 v 2 matches. Seems only logical to me - what do you guys think?

-Robu1

IP:

Robu1
posted June 10, 2001 10:07 AM            
Whoops! Thta happens to me too much - can't edit it after you send it i guess (duh) :P

IP:

Paranor
posted June 10, 2001 10:38 AM            
I agree with Robu1 - it would be nice having a server that is dedicated just for 2v2.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 11, 2001 10:19 AM         
Well, OZ is setup as a 4 person server. It has a bunch of mods and doesn't exactly play like Skans setup, but 2v2 is 2v2.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 11, 2001 07:54 PM            
Sounds good and I agree.Team play adds a nice perspective to the game and its not like your regualar DM where everybody is wathing their butt and nobody elses.
So Weather and Skand,can you do it this week?Also haven't heard from coax?

IP:

Robu1
posted June 11, 2001 09:58 PM            
Yeah, weather - OZ can be fun to play at and looks pretty, but the mods really spill the strategy aspect of the game, since you can get a weapon like the chaffmaster 3000 and automatically wipe out like 5 guys. A standard, non-modified standing 2 v 2 server is the only way that I see for other players to get together and play with that format. Supercoax - you guys do really well and are really good players, but you also are getting alot of practice in this format while others aren't (sorry if this sounds like I'm picking on you - my bad if it does) Well, that's my 2wo cents .

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 12, 2001 02:15 AM            
Yes, we do get practise. But, so anyone else can do. I'll be there Thursday 8 pst

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 12, 2001 02:42 AM            
Hey everybody,the thing we do every Thursday is not for any official record or scoring.The only time coax and I play as a team is on Thursday.Its not like we do a lot of practicing playing together.We do it just to have some fun and try a something a little different,actual team play.I guess me and coax will keep it up till somebody knocks us off the hill and as long as we have somebody who can run a private server(thx Skand) I actaully have more fun at one of these things than at the Sunday DDM's.We could start something offical if everybody is for it.That might mean somebody else needs to host it besides Skandradon all the time,so we can have more than one game a week.Hmm,that sounds like a good idea.We can start a ladder and you can play a offical game anytime you want to as long as your playing another team ranked in the top 5(team play that is)????????????????????????????Maybe it will grow larger once we get started.
All you have to do is get four people including yourself and go at it.Best out of 3.Sounds pretty cool if you guys want to do it.I suppose a 56K connection or faster could host a game.Never really tried with mine.Its just 4 people after all.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 12, 2001 02:44 AM            
Robu,you can grab a partner just in case Skand and Weather can't do it.I'd kinda like to go at it will some of the top DDM players.Anybody ever talk with Stuart or JL?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 12, 2001 12:53 PM         
Well, I think Skan's time is pretty locked up these days. Unless, Skan gives some indication of when he can play, I wouldn't mind playing with JL, Stuart, Neo, or Robu1. Kaeto, I will take you up on that, if you still want to team up. I am free Thursday 8 est. Any voulunteers? Lets boogie!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 04:56 AM            
Well Weather,since it seems we're having problems finding people to play(should be ashamed of yourselves.....only need 2 people to give up a hour and play this %$^@'n game )So Weather.........grab a partner and coax and I will see ya at 11est.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 02:08 PM            
Just to put this topic at the top since it is tonight and we're still one short.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 13, 2001 06:01 PM         
Tonight or tomorrow night (Thursday)? I am busy tonight (doh and lol). Any volunteers?

IP:

Neo
posted June 13, 2001 07:21 PM            
Hmm....

Well, I've already lost twice to those scoundrels.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 07:31 PM            
i think he meant tomorrow and got confused

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 13, 2001 07:56 PM            
I was drunk at the time

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 14, 2001 04:04 AM            
Ok Neo,you're drafted whether you want to play or not Neo and Weather vs Supercoax.Game of the ages

IP:

Robu1
posted June 14, 2001 04:34 PM            
Well today's my day off, so I guess I'll be on standby for you dudes.........that is, if my computer is working.

8^0

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2