|
Author Topic:   Terrain Deformation Site
Random Chaos
posted June 04, 2001 11:57 PM            
Its back

Albeit not fully functional.

http://treadmarks.0catch.com/

Got a few things I need help on. I don't have time to run this site the way I used to so I need the entire Tutorial section done - anyone want to work on it? I can format it I just don't have time to write it all up .

Also the entire mod section is down. This is due to two reasons:
(a) All the file links will have changed.
(b) I can't easily use the popup descrptions anymore so I have to work on a new method (I already know what I am going to do).

This new site requires Java Script enabled btw becuase of the new menu system...but at least there are no popups - it took a lot of searching to find a site that allowed Zips, allowed files up to 1 MB, had decent server space, didn't have popup ads, and didn't charge anything.

It doesn't have CGI support or a mail server though - but I can do without those

--Random Chaos

IP:

peeeto
posted June 05, 2001 12:57 AM         
thanks, RC. we missed it!

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 05, 2001 04:24 AM            
I would very much like all the mod files in one place.Guess your going to start mining again huh RC?

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 05, 2001 04:39 AM         
Obviously you did not find a host without popups...

MHO:
The popup is EVIL.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited June 05, 2001).]

IP:

Neo
posted June 05, 2001 11:09 AM            
You can avoid popup ads with some browsers.

Try this one, its not bad: http://www.opera.com

You can set it to disallow page redirects and stop documents from creating windows (i.e., popups). This causes you to have to mess around with the address opened by the main window, though, because most pages try to open the popups in the main window whenever opening a link. But all you usually have to do is press back the correct number of times after following a link, in order to access a page w/o seeing its popup ads.

IP: