|
Author Topic:   Version 1.6
LDA
Administrator
posted June 04, 2001 01:25 PM            
Yes, the myth has fingerprints Vortex

We'll try to address these config file incompatibilities and post something later today.

You don't need to rush if you have kept up with the upgrades and are running 1.5.9 now. The patch from 1.5.9 to 1.6 is mostly minor housekeeping changes to bring everything up to the same version.

The big changes are the upgrade from the original 1.0.1 to 1.6 plus upgrading all the demo versions to 1.6.

The 1.6 demo does give a lot away, otherwise the 1.0.1 demo players would have no reason to upgrade.

The 1.5.5 to 1.6 upgrade fixes networking problems, adds the full range to mouse-look and adds CTF.

We hope this will bring the fragmented TM community together under version 1.6 From here we can start looking at ways to make modding more accessible....<suggestions welcome>

Jim

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 04, 2001 01:41 PM         
Hurrah, Jim! Way to go!

A quick demo spy report...
The demo is limited to 2 tanks, 1 map. The multiplayer is selectable but there are no servers listed currently.

Jim, could you tell me what m-player demo capabilities are? (i.e. what servers can they join and what weapons can they use) I have become less worried about unlimited m-player games lately because I realized that the demo players are a small group of people with lots of time and no money. The people that like the game and have money will and have bought the game.

Thanks Jim and LDA!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 04, 2001 02:25 PM            
Yeah - Jim: Your ent file comparison and cfg file comparison are too picky. 95% of the players have changed at least 1 file beyond the CFG files. Servers have changes a lot generally. What this is asking is basically for everyone to reinstall and begin upgrading again if they expect to have the upgrades work. I don't think there is really any reason why you need to check the projectiles for file changes nor the tanks nor the config files. I would think the Documents dir and the executable would be enough to ensure that you have the correct version...though with the Documents, you may have to relax it some on v1.55 with all the temporary fixes done to it to get servers working.

--Random Chaos

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 04, 2001 04:38 PM            
The demo players will be able to join full games but only on "The Ramp" as that is the only map available to the demo players.

Yes, I've posted a generic config to allow patching.

Jim

IP:

JVortex
posted June 04, 2001 06:18 PM            
good to see ya again!

and also; i had no problems installing the patch and i have modified my files all to hell and back.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 04, 2001 11:47 PM            
Need to get A2597 in here

He had 1.02 Demo. He just upgraded. But I had to send him the 30mm.ent, tankgun.ent, nort1.ent, and several others before it would allow him to upgrade. Seems odd...

IP:

Vlad
posted June 05, 2001 09:16 AM            
Well, I don't know if I missed the option in the 1.5 demo, but I managed to get the view to how I like it :-) So if that's a recent addition in 1.6, then thanks. If I just missed it earlier, then "oops."

As far as suggestions go, how about making some sort of mod switching menu in-game? If I'm playing on one server, with one set of mods, then I've got to switch to another one, I've got to exit the game, rename directories, and start back up.

Also, is there a way to see how many human players are in a game? I like how it removes bots as the humans come on, but it makes it a pain to see which servers have people on them. I've got to go down each one, and see if the number of bots is less than the number of tanks in the server. Why not just change "tanks: x/8" to "Players: x/8" and leave the bot stat as is?

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 05, 2001 09:25 AM         
There seem to be a lot of pretty senseless server messages.
Is that intentional?

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited June 05, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 05, 2001 11:56 AM         
Since this is turning into a wish list, how about a game score log - maybe writes scores of all players to a file every minutes and is accessible to all players. Or, have the server save the scores of all players, even after disconnects and display them in a block like teams. Reconnects can then either continue with their pre disconnect scores or the disconnect box can midify the name of the stored scores - i.e. player becomes player1.

Also, I have been having trouble upgrading my game. I have the .cfg patch in place but it still gives the same error.

EDIT: I have also noticed that there are no available servers in the demo - are none up yet?

thanks

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited June 05, 2001).]

IP:

Paranor
posted June 05, 2001 01:52 PM            
How about upgrading the Master Client program to show the "human" names that are on the server. Or do I have an old version?

------------------
- formerly TREAD_THIS (finally changed my name!)

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 05, 2001 02:04 PM         
I'm not even sure whether the servers are able to return that information to the requesting clients... That would, of course, make life easier for some of us.

IP:

synack
posted June 05, 2001 03:11 PM         
I'm also unable to apply the 1.5.9 to 1.6 patch, even after putting the original config.cfg in place. Same error message.

Suggestions Jim?

IP:

blandy
posted June 05, 2001 06:55 PM            
Good stuff LDA, I must admit, I haven't been playing very often but that will change soon! .

I haven't got round 2 updating Tread Marks Mod 1.2 to 1.3 yet! I think that it'll do 4 now so I'll leave it!

Anyway, Radigator wants me 2 make a launcher proggy 4 them but I'll have 2 wait for em 2 get back coz I dont have the game SO I dont have the registry settings, file types... etc...

Gotta go anyway so KEEP IT UP LDA!
http://icb.cjb.net

IP:

blandy
posted June 05, 2001 07:18 PM            
Hey! Thats a stupid-ass thing 2 do! lol, Patch 1.6 doesn't like config.cfg coz of ONE! value! --> ShowMPH = 0 <-- hahaha, change it 2 --> ShowMPH = 1 <-- and 1.6 Patch will work!! I don't know LDA, missing that one, sheeeeeesh!

C ya later ppl!
http://icb.cjb.net

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 06, 2001 02:09 AM            
Servers?

IP:

peeeto
posted June 06, 2001 11:26 AM         
i was able to connect to a greyed-out server and played just fine

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 06, 2001 01:16 PM            
hi fellas, i have a suggestion to improve the client server prog, instead of showing how many human players are on a server, id like to see it display the names too. This will make it far easier to create 1 on 1 games without scanning 3 servers with 1 person on each for the one you want. Will be very useful in tournaments.

IP: