|
Author Topic:   Help...
ni
posted June 04, 2001 07:39 AM            
This proves my computer inexperience. I tried downloading the 1.6 patch from 1.5.9 and it said the config file was "unknown"! I thought that maybe I could remove all the mods from the TM 1.5 folder and reinstall the game, then downloaded the 1.5.5 to 1.6 and the same prob has occured!! I hope this has an easy solution and if anyone can help, I'll be indebted!!

Cheers!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 04, 2001 10:18 AM            
im trying it right now myself - ill let you know what i find...... but from what i can tell you got the right idea.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 04, 2001 10:40 AM            
yup, sry Ni, i got the same error "screenshot availab;e" if anyones curious.

LDA ?

IP:

ni
posted June 04, 2001 10:47 AM            
Thank the higher power...cheers Matrix!!

IP:

Rex R
posted June 04, 2001 11:52 AM            
check out my reply to my earlier post announcing the new patch. I too had probs most likely caused by adding the lines for screenshots. what you need is an unmoddified version 1.59 config.cfg file
edit
i had to uninstall 1.59 reinstall v1.5 then install 1.59 patch and then goto 1.6

[This message has been edited by Rex R (edited June 04, 2001).]

IP:

ni
posted June 04, 2001 11:58 AM            
Oh... I actually haven't got the 1.59 patch anymore...oops!!

Would some1 be willing to send it to moi pleeeease?!?!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 04, 2001 12:26 PM         
Ni, I have mirrored it here: http://www.che.utexas.edu/~johnsan/TM159Update.exe

I assume that TM has no problem with me leaving it up. I don't know how long I will have it there, though. So get it soon.

IP:

ni
posted June 04, 2001 12:33 PM            
Thanks Weatherman, Rex R, RC and Matrix!!

I think I'll be more wary about keeping downloads in the future!

Cheers!

I'll try Rex R's remedy

IP:

oli2808
posted June 04, 2001 01:15 PM            
oh ****, i can't do it rex's way, i have so much stuff i put in the files it would take ages to get it all back! does anyone have another solution or am i ****ed?

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 04, 2001 02:31 PM            
Yeah - I can't upgrade either - it comes back and says: config.cfg has been altered.

Right...and who doesn't alter it? Anytime you change graphics settings or netrate, etc in game it changes...

And it also pops up with those problems if you have any entities changed (and with the v1.x superfriction mod that LDA released, few players didn't for that set). I know A2597 had to get me to send him about 10 entities from V1.x that he had changed on his Demo 1.2. Lucky I still had several unaltered ent sets from 1.1 Full, 1.2 Demo, and the prior Betas.

Seems there is a bit too much version checking in this...

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 04, 2001 02:33 PM            
Oli:

Copy your entities dir to another location.
Reinstall TM.
Then install the upgrade.

Its very annoying...but it will work. I think LDA has too much ent checking...very much to much. And right now I'd wait a day before upgrading.

IP:

oli2808
posted June 04, 2001 04:07 PM            
looks like i'll have to do that.(damn cock **** **** **** e.t.c)

IP:

oli2808
posted June 04, 2001 04:13 PM            
hold on, before i do the biggest computer file moving task ever, what's so godd about the new version anyway? is it worth the trouble?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 04, 2001 04:47 PM            
You just need that config file that I've posted on the Tread Marks download page.

Jim

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 04, 2001 09:01 PM            
thx jim much appreciated...... the methods outlined above didnt work, my 159 install is stock.... still didnt haqve it lol... now lets get it cracking....

IP:

ni
posted June 04, 2001 11:31 PM            
Excellent...worked a treat!!

So it's kinda obvious now!! LDA...where's AAA now...hmmm???

A few minor adjustments where certain Initials and the like are missing!!!

Man have I had a lot to drink but configuring my puter while peepeed is quite an accomplishment for moi!!

Don't take anything to heart LDA!! LOL

IP: