|
Author Topic:   New Patches on down load page!
Rex R
posted June 04, 2001 05:16 AM            
bunch of new patches on the download page. check them out!(you folks with the old version really should go there)

IP:

JVortex
posted June 04, 2001 05:49 AM            
wow! they really do exist! LDA isnt just a myth

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Rex R
posted June 04, 2001 11:48 AM            
and now I have some observations about the 1.59------>1.6 patch the 1st one being that if you have modified your tread marks config.cfg file you wont be able to upgrade til you put the original file back, 2nd observation in the new config.cfg file are the following lines
#Logging.
LogFileActive = 1
LogFileName = "tank.log"
unless you want to fill your hd with a tank .log change the 1 to zero

IP:

ni
posted June 04, 2001 11:56 AM            
Well, I actually removed the game from my system and reinstalled it! The config file is still incompatible!!

Hmm...

Does that not mean the config file should have resorted back to its original status?

IP:

Rex R
posted June 04, 2001 12:27 PM            
unless the file is a hold over from before I actually uninstalled the game and manually deleted the folder so that there was nothing left on the hd(except my backups of mods placed elsewhere) then defraged before reinstalling, course I'm running the american version, that might make a difference

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 04, 2001 12:33 PM         
Did anyone catch that one of the new downloads is the promised NETWORK enabled demo!!!!!!

I hope that it is balanced enough to encourage buyers without allowing leaches to play indefinitely.

Yay LDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 04, 2001 12:39 PM         
Did anyone notice that there is a FREE patch to upgrade 1.01 to 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

I am downloading the 1.6 DEMO now and I will report on it soon.

IP:

A2597
posted June 04, 2001 12:45 PM            
oh, the the 1.01 demo to 1.6 is NOT 0.74 megs! it 29 megs!

Downloading...(For both 1.01 and 1.5 demos)

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 04, 2001 01:01 PM         
There are a list of mirrors for the 1.6 DEMO here: http://www.3dfiles.com/games/treadmarks.shtml
the zdnet is 10x faster than the TM one.

I am looking for patch mirrors now

IP:

Rex R
posted June 04, 2001 01:17 PM            
there is some good news about ver 1.6 (at least this all I've found sofar, limited testing) you can connect to servers running 1.59, so that wont be a problem

IP:

Cell
posted June 04, 2001 01:26 PM         
The annoying "AAA Games" logo is gone now too

IP:

Dreamer
posted June 04, 2001 01:48 PM         
Yup, we're back to the 'original' LDA-LDA-LDA intro.

hooray to lda.

suggestion for the next patch:

remove the lock TM keeps on the server log while running.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 04, 2001 02:42 PM            
Dreamer - An even better way:

For running servers have the current server log cached into memory (even if you aren't saving it to disk) and the input line read a spot in memory once every 5 seconds and execute then clear that spot. Thus a 3rd party program can be written that views the server log real time, analizes it, and can send commands to the server (such as a language filter). Obviously this has to be set up in some way for multiple servers, but I'm sure it can be done

IP: