|
Author Topic:   Where can I get the older demo?
MrSparkle
posted June 03, 2001 05:33 PM         
I erased mine and downloaded this new 1.5 version but it has no multiplayer? Is there anyplace I can get the older one back? This new version stinks

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 03, 2001 05:37 PM            
Here's what you have to do...

You shell out the $10 or $15 for the full version if you want multiplayer *chuckle* That's not a helluva lot to ask for a fun game, that you evidently want. Beats the heck out of $50+ for a standard new game, huh?

Hopefully you're in a place that can get reasonable shipping costs, though - that's the only problem I've seen.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

MrSparkle
posted June 03, 2001 05:43 PM         
Well it's showing I can purchase an upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.5.9. under BUY IT! But I have 1.5? Lol and no way I'm purchasing from out of the country that's too much trouble! Too bad I formatted my drive.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 03, 2001 05:46 PM            
Oh yeah... that's right, I forgot about that option they made. You can buy an upgrade from 1.0.1 to 1.5.9 ... but got me how that works. And it's only if you own the full version 1.0.1, I'm sure.

I'd email jim@longbowdigitalarts.com - I'm sure he'd let you know what your options are.

But if you don't own it - find a way to buy the game. Even if you're out of the US, get someone to ship it cheap to you.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

peeeto
posted June 03, 2001 08:45 PM         
i sent one to Hungary for $6 US shipping. it got there in less than a week, if i remember right!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 04, 2001 02:01 AM            
and i know ive acquired copy's from EB and such n shipped em over to the states. In fact our clan is in the middle of a competition the winner of which gets a copy of the full version.

The whole reason for there being no MP on the new demo is to make you skinflints shell out a few bucks and appreciate what LDA have actually done for you.

And for those who shake their head at this post all i can say is:

You cheap ass freeloading fag !

if you do go and buy it, showing LDA that you actually appreciate what theyve done for ya - then WELL DONE.

I mean come on you skinflint, theyre asking little more than shareware registration does ... WHAT DO YOU WANT !!!!! BLOOD !

-=[/2]=-

IP:

MrSparkle
posted June 04, 2001 03:59 PM         
Dudes, what I need to know is where can I buy this IN THE U.S.? It's not worth shipping overseas IMO. No stores that I've seen have it, and the BUY IT! link on treadmarks.com is only for an upgrade if you have the full older version. So don't call me a cheap skinflint unless you tell me where I can buy it here! And if I can't buy it here, then too bad. LDA isn't getting a sale from me until they distribute it here. I'm not the only one either who feels this way.

If they expect americans to find someone overseas to buy it then ship it for them, then they wrong. No sales that way! Well maybe a tiny handful.

--"theyre asking little more than shareware registration does"--

Well where are they asking for little more than shareware registration? (I don't buy things online; I don't trust it and probably never will. I need the actual product in my hand in a store to be comfortable with a purchase). I will upgrade my demo version if it's possible for me to use credit card info on a secure website, and then DOWNLOAD the full version. But I definitely will not wait for shipping for the box from overseas. So if you can tell me how to do that I will.
Otherwise do not call me a cheap skinflint doofus!

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted June 04, 2001 04:45 PM            
We'll try to work out a downloadable model to upgrade demo's to full versions.

Jim

IP:

MrSparkle
posted June 05, 2001 03:42 AM         
Cool! It would save an awful lot of hassle and I guarantee your sales will skyrocket if you can do that! Thx guys!

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 05, 2001 08:53 PM            
Just a note, Mr. Sparkle - you misunderstood, there's been little trouble getting the game in the US, it's getting it overseas that is a hassle. If you were in another country, it could be a real problem.

But, as you can see from LDA's post - they're working on it. It's hard getting a game to market without a publisher.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

MrSparkle
posted June 06, 2001 03:39 AM         
Overseas is hard? I can't find it here on the U.S. east coast lol! There's a few games I can't find easily that I want.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted June 06, 2001 01:33 PM            
3 of our DNX members have ordered it from EB and now play the game - if that store dont have it they will get one on order 4 u. Incidentally, theres loads of copies here in good old britain.

As for registration - well its a sad issue, games today are pretty much budget 2 months after release. TM here is 15 now (about $10) and i know some of my guys got it for as little as $12 over in the USA.

Some shareware asks for double that to upgrade from a demo....

The fact that u r willing to purchase gets you out of the "cheap skinflint" quote. As i clearly stated, theres 2 messages , one for genuine ppl and one for freeloaders.

You appear genuine so just ignore it.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 06, 2001 01:52 PM            
I can't locate the game at EBworld.com anymore, which is where I and several friends ordered copies.

However, it's still listed for sale here: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/jandr/tsy-treadmark-c.html

Don't know anything about this vendor/real availability, but at $12, it might be worth a shot.

Even if they didn't get the name right.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

peeeto
posted June 06, 2001 02:29 PM         
that's where i bought the game that i mailed to Hungary. standard shipping from them was very fast, too.

side note: i, too, don't like ordering online, so i called them on the phone when i ordered the game.

IP: