This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Supercoax challenges...................
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 01, 2001 03:50 AM            
Who's next?!Who can stop the unbeatible force of Supercoax?Neo and Robu put up a good fight but it wasn't enough.Time to put Skandraron to work since he's been running his mouth

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 01, 2001 11:27 AM         
Man, you two are a couple of chumps in need of a beatdown! I was going to give it to you last time but I had a totally crappy night. Ignoring Supes frequent lightning related drops, Robu and I had you in our first meeting. Sooooo, you want a real challenge, huh.....

I summon the the Black Powers of the immortal Skandranon!!!!! (Gryphons can't resist flattery) Skan, these blokes need a lesson in pain - what say we give it to them?

-The Weatherman is hungry

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 01, 2001 11:32 AM            
If I had the time, I'd be your man Weatherman

Alas, school, work, and apartment-hunting keep me pretty busy right now

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 01, 2001 01:20 PM            
Don't sing it,bring it Hmmm,Skandraron and Weatherman vs Supercoax.Sounds like fun and quite a challenge.I think Skand really wanted to join in the last one.He was on the map for the last 2 games as a watcher.Just driving around and killing himself.It really pissed Neo and Robu off

IP:

Random Chaos
posted June 01, 2001 01:55 PM            
They need to be put in place? Yep...hmmm. I could challenge them but setting up a definate time to play is hard

IP:

Neo
posted June 01, 2001 03:07 PM            
lol, Dude, that sucked!!! I killed Skandy a couple times cause it looked like he was just *trying* to get on my nerves. lol. He's such a nice guy about things that I couldn't stay mad at him, though.

I have come to the conclusion that without a lot of practice, Robu and I are not the team that SuperCoax is. We just don't have that kind of cooperation. I must commend you guys on the deadly team you have there--it felt like a 2 on 1, most of the time. No wonder you didn't want to do the 3v3!!

I think I'm more of an individual player. Never did like teams much. Yeah. That's gotta be it. Sure.

EDIT- Typos,etc.

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited June 01, 2001).]

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 02, 2001 01:55 AM            
I was actually trying to tacitly help the other (losing team of Robu and Neo, but this is the appreciation I get? I was getting guns, lots of ammo, then self destructing by them. Suckers never caught on, it seems.

Hmm... maybe we should team up against SuperCoax, Weatherman. I think we can take them. At least on a good night - it'd definitely be an 'anyone can win' match.

Only problem is - I'm such an inconsistent gryphon. One game I'm playing perfect, next game I seem to get spawn-killed a dozen times in a row. A mass duel with Coax does sound appealing. Dunno which of us is better with that gun yet...

Oh, and Coax - JL might be as good or better than both of us with it. He just needs to be more aggressive.

Maybe we should pick a time for a match. Dunno about this weekend for me - or even the DDM for that matter. I've got a couple of nasty exams on Monday, then a pair of all-day-taking labs on Tuesday and Wednesday. I won't get to relax until NEXT weekend.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

KONG
posted June 02, 2001 02:52 AM            
ZZZZZZZ

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 02, 2001 05:15 AM            
Robu and Neo got slaughtered. I hate(love) to say that. But it wasn't a lack of skill by no means. It kinda seemed like Robu and Neo was treating the match as a DDM and trying to kill us as hard as they can. While me ans Super were perfectly at home fighting as a team and knowing what the other is thinking sufficiently enough so that we could operate at higher proficiency. Eventhough Super killed me like 6 times in the 3 games not including all the cross-fire i got from him, were deffinately rusty.

Basically if you want to beat us your going to have to work as a team and not as individuals as what happened in the last match.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

ni
posted June 02, 2001 05:15 AM            
Wait wait... damn me to the Lake of Fire for asking but who are Supercoax???

IP:

ni
posted June 02, 2001 05:17 AM            
Or is it that obvious?? Ok, so why are you guys so good?? Ever been beaten?

IP:

Robu1
posted June 02, 2001 01:22 PM            
Ok, yeah. I've been trying to post a message, but have been really frustrated wdith my dumb machine, so i've been abstaining from my computer for a couple of days due to a shotty internet connection. I just defragged my computer and things are starting to run more smoothly now.

Yes, we were definately massacred thursday night. Supercoax definately had the more sophisticated (spelled right?) team strategy, something me and Neo hadn't even talked about - plus I hadn't played since the last DDM - not to make excuses . Not to mention (sorry if i'm rambling too much about my life) I just got word from the pharmacy school on Thursday that they will accept me on the condition that I take Organic Chemistry I again over the summer and get at least a C, even though the first exam is on monday , even though it's all stuff I know already. Okay sorry, I just had to get that out of my system .

Neo, I think we can be a really good team if we can develop some team strategies that can work with practice. I'll talk about it with you online next time you're on. I think we have strong points that can be adapted for team play and weak points that can be improved (sorry about the vagueness <-- (is this a word?) - I'll talk more specifics with you later). Oh, and by the way, I hope you don't plan on quitting TM like you said Thursday night . That's about it I guess. Adios!

Robu1

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 02, 2001 02:15 PM            
Robu, you can take Organic Chemistry at my school for the summer. Its the only one i know that lets you take O-chem partA all the way to part C in a 9 week course.

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 02, 2001 02:31 PM            
Supercoax is a reference to SuperUnknown and myself. We played a 2 vs 2 with The Weatherman and Robu1 and won. And next we played a 2 vs. 2 with Robu1 and Neo and won. So yes we are undefeatable for now. Or untill enough people get pissed that we are hunted down and killed off. People like to kill what they do not understand.

------------------

IP:

ni
posted June 02, 2001 04:53 PM            
Yeah, I figured that right after I sent it...doh! At first I thought you were just flatterin yourself!! lol

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 02, 2001 11:30 PM            
I caught on Skand.After you killed yourself while carrying a C.Missle right in front of me.He only did that once so don't blame him
And coax,most of the time I was killing you was the result of lag Couln't control the turrent or keep it from firing.Can somebody answer this because I forgot to look.When you kill your team mate,do you lose a frag?
Well,I guess it will be Weather and Skand VS me and coax.Will be interesting Same time as the last two if your willing to host it again Skand.Thx for doing that BTW.

Neo and Robu.To be honest coax and I haven't practiced that much as a team.We've just played each other so much we pretty much know each others moves.

IP:

JVortex
posted June 03, 2001 01:46 AM            
you dont loos a frag from killing a team mate. tho i would like to see that option placed into future versions of TM.

IP:

Robu1
posted June 03, 2001 02:21 AM            
Ok, super. I guess this just means that I suck and need more practice . Plus maybe use more of the buttons - in case nobody noticed, I NEVER turn my turret - i've found it hard to get re-centered afterwards, which can mess with precision when aiming. Lots of other people do it though, and many of them do well. Also, does anybody ever use the side cameras or rear view cameras? Just curious - I need all the advice I can get !

Thanks for the offer coax, but I'm already in this course here in CT, which goes for 6 weeks - although I'd love to commute to California every day :O!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted June 03, 2001 02:33 AM         
Hey Robu, need a tutor - I TAed OC I and II since Fall 1998 Seriously, email me any questions you have in Carrey and I will try to help.

What time is regular time and can you make it Skan?

Oh, and Supercoax, I know I can beat you individually - it is this team stuff that you got a handle on (Okay - it varies game to game - sorta like a biorhythm - I have beat and been beaten by both Supe and coax in in informal skirmishes. That, my friends, is why I like to play you)

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 03, 2001 04:10 AM            
Man Robu.......you must move your mouse a lot I have mine setup so that a right click cycles between tank front and turrent view.Thats the only camera views I use.Dosen't the Home key bring the turrent back to the front?That may have been in an earlier version.I've found myself in situation where its real crazy and a have a tank mounted weapon.Once that runs out I find my turrent is facing directly behind me

IP:

Robu1
posted June 03, 2001 01:57 PM            
Ha - thanks WEahter, but this **** is SO EASY after taking it once including the second half of the course too - this exam is only covering the 1st 3 chapters too .

I don't know how you conclude that I move my mouse alot Super, since I already pointed out that I practically never turn my turret- - and no, this version does not let you re-center your turret with the home key (though that would be f@#$%'n cool !) I literally use only my spacebar and the arrow keys. Even though I have a Thrustmaster dual analog controller - I don't know why - I guerss it's cause I got the thing after I'd learned how to play TM :0.

IP:

Robu1
posted June 03, 2001 02:05 PM            
I think I need to go back to 2nd grade and learn how to spell.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted June 03, 2001 03:12 PM            
Oh............you don't use the mouse.No wonder your having problems Left hand on the arrow keys and right on the mouse.I can imagine shooting with the space bar
BTW,I'd like to borrow your flight stick.I just got Independence War 2 which is a kick a$$ game but a pain in the a$$ to play with a keyboard

IP:

Neo
posted June 03, 2001 04:46 PM            
I never use the turret either. Only when stuck in a crater and a burning enemy is next to me and I have a turret mounted weapon. Other than that, I use the tank to aim. Just seems natural to me, and since I use dwarf most of the time, the tank is quick enough that I dont need to worry about the turret--especially since the turret's ability to turn becomes pretty shabby as you lose health.

Although this may put me at a disadvantage, it doesn't bother me. I don't want to have any advantages. I think I do fine for someone who uses only the keyboard. Same goes for you, Robu.

IP:

Skandranon
posted June 03, 2001 05:43 PM            
Guys guys guys... read the key configs sometime. "[" recenters the turret, "]" recenters it to the rear. And there's lots of hotkeys for camera views.

Cheat a little - remap the turret recentering to a mouse button. And if you have enough, map other views to still more buttons.

And Weather - I dunno if I'll be up for a game until next weekend, Thursday at the very earliest.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2