|
Author Topic:   why bother
KONG
posted May 28, 2001 11:18 AM            
if and when lda comes out with TM2 i probably will not be buying it. after fighting pings and such y bother. LDA needs to offer more support to inexperienced users and maybe set up a few good servers of their own. there will never b a large user base if everyone who plays has to be a sys/admin or programer. think about it, joe public finally figure out how to get into a game online and then he is frozen in place or flying across the map from the lag. figure he's goin to be mad as hell after spending that money. wonder y some people stay in the demo? most of u guys don't think about alot of these issues because u have the skills to deal with them. wonder y AOL is so popular? a 5 year old can use it.

any comments?

dont get me wrong, i really like playing tm and it has held my interest longer than other games (i have a deskfull). im sure that LDA sees this and is addressing these issues. it would be nice if they could let all of u know what they're up to. u seem like a bunch of alright fellas and put alot of hard work into making the game more interesting and usable and i am sure they are going to use some of your ideas on tm2. but the way things seem to b going i'm gonna have another CD in my drawer. I dont blame matrix for feeling bummed out and wanting to bail. the guy should at least be able to play the darn game with a 56k connection.

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited May 28, 2001).]

sorry if i seem to be rambling, i have been thinking about what matrix said.
i dont play BZ but have played other games online. i have never encountered lag on any other server and there have been hundreds of players. granted some of these games u have to pay to play but they give u the game for free. the ones that u have to buy are usually free when u play them. almost all of them have servers that are run/sponsored by the company. why cant tm have some servers for the players and also let players run their own servers. we should be able to connect at any time to play and be able to play. the most people ive seen playing at one time was i think ddm5 and it was really bad lag. what is going to happen when and if more people buy the game. can we only play with a 5-6 player limit? i would like to think that if i spend money on tm2 it will be a little less aggravating than this. i would even be willing to spend a little more for it if they could tell me that i could play lag-free.

???

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited May 28, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 28, 2001 02:53 PM            
DDM 5 although it had the most players and most lag. You have to remember that Skan had the downrate way to fast and the fps way to high to even have us isp users be able to play the game.

And also, Tread Marks was the first big game(meaning memory and graphics), that I downloaded from the web(at download.com) I played the single player and loved it, it was so da## fun. But when i was going to connect to a multipliayer game, i was scared. I had try to connect to other multiplayer games in the past and it sucked how complicated it was and i could never figure it out. I tried to enter multiplaayer in a game called "space" for 3 different games in the MSN network i could never play multiplayer 'cause it was so damn complicated. But when I tried to play multiplayer on Treadmarks it worked beautifully, i was so shocked at how easy it was. And it was actually the easyness of connecting to servers in Tread Marks is why i stay around. Because although i know a lot more about gaming and computing these days its by far the easiest in my opinion for a newbie to log on and play.

And unlike the rest of you my network connection says 31,200bps right now. And i can still play, and still play "good"

One note though, i do wish LDA would say something though. Getting LDA withdraws here.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

KONG
posted May 28, 2001 03:33 PM            
go to warbirds at IEN and see how seemlessly it works. u will wonder y tm isnt like that

IP:

KONG
posted May 28, 2001 10:45 PM            
i realize that tm has alot of info transfer over the net. this is the prob. i first downloaded tm from cnet i think. i have given it to numerous friends and none of them so far that i know of have even tryed playing online.

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted May 28, 2001 10:46 PM            
I'm running behind here, but have taken note of what's being said...I'll try to have something concrete to say about the networking soon...

Jim

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 29, 2001 02:44 AM            
Thanks for the input Jim You know how much we look forward to hearing from you ever so often,informing us of progress.Keep the 2-way comms up if you can.
Oh.........that feeling when you get a new game and decide to take it online.You know your a newbie and that your going to lose bigtime.I belive I played single player TM for a month before I decided to take it for a spin online.

IP: