|
Author Topic:   No new players
KONG
posted May 27, 2001 01:08 PM            
Marketing, the problem is marketing. there once was a gamer named kong. he wanted to get the full version of his favorite gamebut didn't want to purchase it online, same as other people. kong went to his local software retailers, alas most of them had never heard of such a game. poor kong perservered and after 3 months of searching came upon an older version that was hidden behind a box of quake. after blowing off the dust he found that this treasure was marked down to a bargain price. he took it home and lived happily ever after. the moral of the story? none.

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 27, 2001 02:08 PM         
My friends over here in Germany keep asking me where they can buy TM.
The only answer I can give them is "Sorry, no idea, if you don't want to purchase it online and from the US."
Let's hope LDA find a neat publisher for TM2 - let's hope it's not Sony (unless they've changed their mod policy - see some of the earlier posts in this forum)

IP:

KONG
posted May 27, 2001 02:19 PM            
alot of the stores i went to said that it was recalled. i don't know what that means. i wouldn't blame them for giving up on a pc version, there would definitely be more money in ps2.

mind you i dont like to be negative. i think the best thing that we can all do is to spend as much time as possible actually playing the game. also trying to recruit new players.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 28, 2001 09:53 PM            
im sat in wait for the lda guys to pass me details of the tare weight of 10,000 "units" of TM inc carriage and pallate - i plan to be a reseller over here in england, just the waiting.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted May 31, 2001 03:33 AM            
Ok, about why TM was recalled:

AAA and LDA had a falling out - more specifically AAA didn't market TM as they were supposed to. Didn't get it on store shelves when they said they would, etc. So LDA got rid of them as quickly as they could (which as of the last time I heard [under a month ago] was still in progress legally thus why LDA can't comment on this much). However since AAA produced the boxed games for sale and LDA severed dealings with AAA, AAA had to recall all unsold boxes...thus the problem of finding it.

I would expect that this will be cleared up as soon as LDA is legally able to sign a contract with another company after the mess with AAA is cleared up...

--RC

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 31, 2001 01:06 PM            
screw publishers. Everyone take a city and distribute it to every computer store in your town.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

A2597
posted May 31, 2001 01:34 PM            
I'm with coax! Anyone near orlando/Tampa?!?!

------------------
--===BOOM===--

IP: