This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   DDM Results and Analysis
The Weatherman
posted May 27, 2001 03:18 AM         
Hi Y'all

I have posted The results and analysis for DDM 4-8
EDIT http://home.austin.rr.com/treadmarks/

I have tried to make them as user friendly as possible but there are still some readabilty and formatting issues - Front Page doesn't seem to handle tables easily or correctly
I have highlighted in red the top 3 players and stats in each DDM cause I thought it was interesting.

Lemme know what you think.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited June 04, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted May 27, 2001 03:48 AM            
i need to play better! thats what i think

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 27, 2001 03:53 AM            
Your analysis looks really good Weatherman. I show up as getting killed a lot, but then I usually go in without thinking about the consequences and take what comes. You have done a great job with the stats - keep up the good work!!!

------------------
Pass the salt - it's time to go to sea.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 27, 2001 11:57 AM         
Thanks for the feedback. The page seems to be down right now. They are either doing system maintainance or the flood of hits for my page has overwhelmed the server .

BTW, getting more aggresive usually does not hurt too much as the main measure is total # of frags. It does not work against SuperCoax or Skandranon, though

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 28, 2001 09:23 PM         
Okay, the stats page now includes DDM7. Thanks for sending me the shots, Kong.

A few notes:
Sometimes the jpg screen shots are a little hard to read (is that a 5 or a 9?) . If you see I have misread one of your numbers, drop me a line and I will fix it.
I have ommmited scores for instances when it looked like the player had obviously joined late (F + D much smaller than usual) so as not to drag down their averages. - If you think I have droped your score incorrectly or you wan a game taken out of the calc because of a late join or disconnect, let me know.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 28, 2001 09:54 PM            
nice to know i have a high skill factor The total frags is missing an other 10 i had when i got disconnected from the first game. But don't include it since theres no proof.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 29, 2001 01:40 AM         
NP, coax. I will change it, unless somebody says otherwise. I don't think anybody in this group would lie about something like scores. Plus, your frags for that game are way low compared to how you did in the other 2. Now they are more consitent. I also tacked 10 onto your deaths because your F/D was 1 for that game anyway.

Hey, here is another suggestion for TM2 (ha ha)- because disconnects are inevitable, the server should temporarily store all scores for each game and allow disconnected players to keep their tallys. Either add new F and D's to the pre disconnect score, or display the scores like coax_1 21 21, coax_2 11 11. The second way has the advantage of showind the #'s of persons who got dropped right before the game ended and were not able to rejoin in time.

My ultimate goal is to be able to predict exact scores and outcomes of all future DDM and so make a fortune in wagers once TM really takes off

Coax, would you mind posting a link to my analysis page from your site? BTW is it coax, Coax, coaX, or COAX? I don't want to slight you with non caps for your name, but I usu see it lowercase ala e.e. cummings

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 29, 2001 02:14 AM            
hehe, I'll make my site point to your site, that'll be easier then me trying to figure out the html. Also, I prefer my name with no caps just "coax". the only time i use caps like "Coax" is when it doesn't look right being the only lowercased name. Go ahead and use whatever looks good to you, its no biggie for me. If lowercase looks nasty just make it uppercase like everyone else.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 29, 2001 02:38 AM            
All you guys are lucky I didn't play! DDM Sunday?Lets keep doing this until we get tired.At least its good practice anyway

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 29, 2001 02:55 AM            
KONG, you seen your DDM analysis. Your ranked up there next to newbies in overall skill and other categories. How can you explain, lag is no excuse

p.s. this is meant to be nice, may sound mean though. But its all nice.

------------------

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 29, 2001 03:21 AM         
Okay, before this gets ugly or petty, let me run some observations of Kongs play by you based on the analysis page-
the Majikal numbers say that Kong is not unskilled - he consistently falls right about average in terms of skill #s (not looking at DDM5 which was AFU due ot lag). Where his problem lies is a lack of aggressiveness - He consistently has some of the lowest aggressiveness numbers in any given DDM.
Allow me to offer myself as a counterexample- my skill#s are good, but my aggressiveness is almost always the highest. I die alot but I can usu get in enough frags to place. (This scheme doesn't work to well when you are going up against only high skill players!)

So, Kong, jump in guns blazing an I think your frags will increase and statistically you should get to kill coax more often

IP:

Neo
posted May 29, 2001 03:41 AM            
Hey Weatherman...

Wanna be my coach?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 29, 2001 03:52 AM         
Lol!

Yeah, Neo - get more practice ! Your Aggressiveness is already pretty high (there is a max). To move up in the ranks, your skill #'s have to increase. THe only way to do this is to practice (that is what I need to do ) Goodluck in your upcoming 2v2 - it (as you already know)will be a finesse game - aggressiveness will usu get you killed.

BTW, coax, Kong tied you in overall skill in DDM6

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 29, 2001 04:31 AM            
lol, hey-hey-hey. DDM6 i still had lag. Only ddm7 was the connection good.

------------------

IP:

peeeto
posted May 29, 2001 09:14 AM         
(this is not to single anyone out, ok?) with interest, i read the posts about how KONG's magical #'s say that he is not an aggressive player. there must be something to your statistics, WM, as Kong is not very aggressive - seems to lean toward defence, as i do most times...

i'll keep a closer eye on these stats in the future!

IP:

oli2808
posted May 29, 2001 01:07 PM            
heh heh heh, look at my ping!!! you should have seen the lag i had!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 29, 2001 03:48 PM         
Glad you found em useful, peeto.
Oli, why are the Brits so concerned about their ping size? Is this part of the national character or are you an exhibitionist?
I added the ping info after the DDM5 debacle - so people can say - "Hey, I was sucking because I was gagging on lag - see!!!!"

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 29, 2001).]

IP:

oli2808
posted May 29, 2001 06:11 PM            
lol, well size does matter, but why are americans so concerned with the brits?, national character or for some darker reason?......

IP:

Robu1
posted May 29, 2001 11:06 PM            
Some darker reason for sure.

IP:

KONG
posted May 29, 2001 11:59 PM            
thanks fo the help but im just not that competitive. just playing is enough for me. kind of helps me relieve stress. and enough of u have tried to run me down to know that by the time you get me u are usually smoking or on fire. sometimes after i hit u with a dirtball or mass driver i dont even bother trying to get the kill

oh and sorry about the pics, i lowered the res so the files wouldn' be too big to mail

[This message has been edited by KONG (edited May 30, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted May 30, 2001 01:54 AM            
sounds like my playing style kong. just run around and shoot here and there. who really cares about getting the kill. heh. its always nice to come in first tho. its even more of a surprise when that wasnt even your goal in the first place!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 30, 2001 08:11 AM         
I just like the Brits - you talk funny and are all whacky. Calling an elevator a lift... you nutties!

Kong, JV - good points. Still would be nice to see you on a rampage, tho .

I do the silly stats page to relieve stress - nothing like a closed problem to sooth an engineer's mind.

I think my favorite momets in a DDM are when I come up on a big group fighting each other and all distracted, preferably in a canyon, and I have the trusty thrusty ram-drill. Frightening!

IP:

JVortex
posted May 30, 2001 02:07 PM            
oh, dont get me wrong WM, didnt mean to imply that i see your stats as pointless, quite the contrairy actually. they let me see what i need to do to win once in a while if the mood strikes

IP:

ni
posted May 30, 2001 04:58 PM            
Hey, peeps!! Ni is alive!! Just thought I'd shout (and register)!!!

Nice analysis, but something tells me I didn't come into the game as early as I should've plus I'm hopefully installing a DSL so methinx the ping'll drop a notch or 2...maybe!!!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 30, 2001 05:23 PM         
Hiya Ni from far away,
I see what you mean in DDM 6. I will drop the first 2 games. That won't improve your standing any but it will move your numbers closer to what they probably are. It will change everyones aggressiveness a little, but I think that it will be more accurate. I am curious to see if a persons stats stay constant or change over time. Removing scores that are in error, i.e. from late joins or disconnects, should make this more precise.

I was also thinking of changing the way that aggressiveness is calculated. Right now it is (your F + D)/(sum of everbody's F + D) . This is then the fraction of all encounters that you took part in. I want to change it to Aggressiveness = (your F + D)/ (average of everyone's F + D) . The definition is now the ratio of your encounters to the DDM average number of encounters. An aggressivness of 1 would then mean that you are average in terms of aggressiveness, a moderate if you will.

I will make this calculation change and the corrections within the next couple of days.

BTW, JV, I am glad you find the stats useful. I didn't think you were saying the stats are pointless. I was saying that it is, in general, silly to make up stats for TM like it was some kind of professional sport . I guess I do for S & G.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2