|
Author Topic:   What happened to this forum?
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 26, 2001 03:21 AM            
This place has been dead latley.Only 2 or 3 posts a day.Where is everybody?I think we need a mandatory DDM for everybody who participates in this board Don't show up and your banned from here for life

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 26, 2001 04:00 AM            
lol, i also noticed the low posting in the board. I thought i killed it

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Sailor
Administrator
posted May 26, 2001 12:13 PM            
Been wondering where everybody has gone myself. Have not heard from Matrix lately and many others. So what is going oooonnnn!!!

IP:

synack
posted May 26, 2001 02:10 PM         
I've been lurking ...

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 26, 2001 04:26 PM         
I have been kinda quiet lately b/c I haven't had much time to play TM - I am in a real time crunch -I have 5 months to get all of my research done and graduminate. I am in the lab right now . I hope to fit more TM time in but must focus on getting the hell out of dodge. Seems like there is a real modders renaissance going on in the next forum though. Mebbe we should start a war with another forum, or even the modding section

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 26, 2001 10:04 PM            
sorry guys, i stopped playing for the same reasons that NGUK dropped the servers, i never see anyone on, so its far easier for me to go play battlezone.

Ive even halted work on the bz3 mod for now - doesnt look like it will get any support when realeased and most of the bz players are going to ECHELON.

This doesnt mean were dropping tm, not by a long chalk, its an excellent game - but its false economy to pay for an internet connection to go play bots ! - i can do that offline which in turn defeats the whole point.

LDA need to get their supportive act together. Ive done everything i can to generate interest - tm is even a prize in a competition the clan has running at the moment.

Top top that off, there has been no effort from and dnx player in TM to post on our private members forum, nor have i seen any apart from nemzad, shadow and super since i recruited them.

a pretty sad state of affairs i think you will agree - that coupled with the fact that im pinging every server around 800 makes for very shakey games.

Im in the midst of reconfigging my firewall and installing packet boosters n such to try and get the ANTI-LAG sitution in place.

So sorry 2 b the burden lads, but you prob wont see me in tm too much till it gets busier. I do have client/server which i use to look at the servers without launching the game, and all i see is AI-This and AI-That.

A sad life for an otherwise amazing game.

If the situation continues beyond xmas 2001 without improvement DNX will pull out altogether and concentrate efforts elsewhere on the gaming net.

It's a negative statement i know, but nonetheless a realistic one "you can boot a dead horse all day - but you cant make it run"

sorry jim, sorry lads - i have a clan to run and people to support - my time is limited and i can't spend time in an empty game.

ill try to make DDM's - but even then 3fps isnt my idea of a playable game - something needs sorting - and it needs sorting now.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 26, 2001 10:08 PM            
correction:

nemzad posts our private forum, but hes the only one.

little or no effort does not a clan make. apart from nemsy and shadow, you dnxers dont even know what games we support and only 3 of you have even visited the site.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 26, 2001 10:29 PM            
sorry to hear about that Matrix, i hope TM does get more popular so you will reconsider and stay. I'm a lifer with TM so I'm not going anywhere. I do agree with you that something needs to be done. And I due know how busy you are 'cause you always seem busy.

------------------

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 26, 2001 11:45 PM            
Sorry Matrix,I think I've only posted in the DNX forum a couple of times.Here are the reasons:
I already have a million other things I check daily
I mostly only play TM online so frankly I don't give a crap about BZ or its players as I'm sure they care little about me or TM.I've played BZ(well,the first one)and I like TM better.
Most of the DNXers who play TM post here or we talk on ICQ.
When I did post at the DNX forum,I got little or no replies.So that equals a waste of time in my book.
I appreciate the fact that you take the time to set stuff like that up,but as you said,few people from the TM DNX clan actually play the game,which is kind of a mind job.
I believe that TM will get a lot more players in the next year with the release of the PS version and a new demo.Plus,as I said before,this is pretty much the only game I play online so I'm not going anywhere.
TM dosen't have to be as big as Quake or Unreal for me to be interested in it.
I too get tired of only finding bots on the servers but I know that will change.
If you want to abolish this clan from TM,thats ok with me I guess.We've never done anything as a clan before.
Well,have fun with BZ.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 27, 2001 12:47 AM            
i think u get the wrong end of the stick fellas.

im looking for more people to be playing cos although the game excels, the support is quite frankly crap.

for me running the clan means being there and supporting members, that means in all games. I did my bit for TM and its still no busier.

As for posting the forum, that was last year, the forums were split into a forum for each game and it was quite frankly a right ball-ache to check em all, so to that end i merged em all into one big forum, it regularly gets 15 new messeges each day and new members quite often get around 10 welcomes and take an active part in the community on a daily basis.

but as i said, you and nemzad r in charge of the TM lot while im attending to other clan matters, it makes sense since youre both good honest players with a good amount of judgement regarding recruitment and players etc...

and yes i do agree also that tm will get busier eventually - sadly if thats not b4 xmas, dnx will be dropping out.

servers are shakey, fps is low, pings at ddm's r high.

yes you are correct the majority of players in dnx r on bz, and yes its ver one. well 1.4 actually.

a bz server can support around 120 players so whats with a tm server ?

the last post is more towards expressing my dissapointment with the way the full version players have appeared, or not as the case may be - not about ditching so soon. and certainly not about dumping players in the drink.

i will be on from time to time - but look at my reasons for not playing.... high pings, all bots - in my position you have to look beyond one game and provide support for players where there are some.

i will stop by the forum from time to time to check in and see developments, but as i say, my interest in this game is waining due to lack of ppl to actully play against.

perhaps i should get a copy of the demo version and start recruiting in there - kind of retro active clanning, but hey if thats where the players are, then who am i to argue.

im still undecided what to do with TM, and its a shame really cos theres a great set of ppl here both in lda and in the general tm community.

Echelon is a game we will be grately supporting very soon, and B5-Into the fire will also be big when it arrives.

If i get on bended knees and crawl upto the LDA headquaters begging, this game will still be passed by - as time goes on gfx cards get better and better - players expect more and more - TM better get its act together or it will find itself getting left behind "technologically speaking"

it needs some refinment, but when server ppl drop it due to lack of use, aaa game didnt advertise it, ppl like it so much theres never anyone on - then you have to ask yourself, why do i play it !

and remember, i dont have a constant dsl or cable connection here on a flat monthly fee - i pay by connection of 56k, and it simply defies financial sense to play a game when theres noone to play but tron-bots.

sorry guys i know that hurtsm but its the truth and uts the way i feel - and if i cant be honest about that and air my viewpoint, then for me theres no point my posting a forum.

I know that sounds angry when read - its not meant to be - but just stop a sec, b4 u reply and shoot at me with a m-41 pulse riffle, look at it from my point of view.

and no were not dropping it in the short term, however if members leave then yes, we will drop it like a stone - there will be little or no point staying in an unpopulated game with a fed up forum and no members.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 27, 2001 01:12 AM            
i don't think anyone has said don't voice your ideas on the bboard. I agree with most of your arguments. TM needs to advance, or it will be left behind, they have been advancing if you read the treadmarks/news you'll see pics of the next TM under construction. Also, we all know your busy, and your hobby of clan making could be better used for other games. So, don't worry about it, when and if the game becomes popular you will always be welcomed back with open arms.

------------------

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 27, 2001 02:10 AM            
Coax man, i havent left, and dont intend to, not yet anyway. I just feel that my efforts are better placed elsewhere until the game is better populated.

sure ill be playing - but hell, gimmie some credit for trying !

IP:

JVortex
posted May 27, 2001 03:41 AM            
well for the most part Matrix is really right. unfortunately. one thing that would help a lot is if LDA was still posting on the board now and again. its pretty damned obvious to me how wonderful of a comunity this is when the "main men" of the group can be gone for so long and the board is still THIS active!

granted the current level of support for TM at the moment sucks big nasty so on things, but part of the point of online gaming is the interraction with other people. and i dont think you can run into a better group of people than what you have right here.

granted there have been a couple posts by dumbasses, but they post once or twice. the latest "dumbass" was GUIDO, and he wasnt bad at all really. i think ive become a TM cult convert and as long as the comunity stays this strong ill be around for a long time.

and as for my excuse for not being online playing u ask? well; 2 weapons in the works and about 15 new tanks. thats my excuse .

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! Loads of Tread Marks support and AddOns. (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

KONG
posted May 27, 2001 11:46 AM            
Matrix, i think the problem is that everyone does the same thing as u. They only look at the server list to see if any one is on. Whenever i am online i just pick a server and usually within 5 minutes someone jumps in. And if we're lucky we end up with 3 or 4 players. Then again alot of the full version players are still playing the demo, u know who u r. STOP PLAYING THE DEMO AND SPEND A LITTLE TIME ON THE 159 SERVERS. SOMEONE WILL SHOW UP.

IP:

KONG
posted May 27, 2001 11:50 AM            
Sorry matrix, that wasn't directed at u. i was just responding to your post.

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted May 27, 2001 12:45 PM            
no kong, youre quite right, thats exactly what i do - what we need is a sustained player base. ive never had a situation of loading up bz and ever seeing NO PLAYERS, its simply never happened. Nor in any other game i play from nascar to even the new echelon - theres already 8 clans in there and its only been out 3 days !

ill try to look at the servers more often.

-=[/2]=-

IP:

KONG
posted May 27, 2001 12:55 PM            
maybe we all need to take a few irons out of the fire. why do we need more mods if no on is using them? and i also realize that we are very spread out timewise, maybe we could have the ddm earlier. it's at5:00 pm in my area. this may help people in the U.K./Europe. What happened to the BWL?

IP:

peeeto
posted May 27, 2001 01:34 PM         
(not necessarily speaking for the BWL) omst BWL members have been busy with RL & other things:
Dreamer - TMVR, map editor, GF, university, learning Gaelic ...
Swisher - ENTegrity program...
Cell - marooned on a little island with no inet access!
RexR - playing often, i think...
peeeto - remodeling house, work & family...

i haven't had much time to play TM lately, but would like to participate in some more DDM's. i'm trying to find the time to create a BWL web page and also am finally taking a bigger interest in modding, but there's so little time right now!

i do cehck the BBS almost every day, but don't post as often. i really do enjoy seeing the activity lately, with the latest competition challenges !

i also completely agree with the above, that there needs to be some marketing initiated by LDA - i think word of mouth has gone as far as it can...

also, i am concerned with the LDA's silence lately - their participation in the past has been a real asset to the community. even just a few posts every once in a while would make a difference, IMHO.

[This message has been edited by peeeto (edited May 27, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted May 27, 2001 02:21 PM         
quote:
I haven't had much time to
look the boards over lately...

(Excerpt from an eMail Jim sent me a few days ago)

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 27, 2001 02:38 PM            
I'm busy as can be - graduating, moving out, working 1.5x time...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 28, 2001 03:06 AM            
Well hell,I'm taking 18 credit hours in college,I work 40 hours a week on top of that,I have a girlfreind who likes to be pampered every hour of the day,and I go to keggers all the time and I still have time to
to play TM.The secret is to not do that little annoying thing called sleep

IP: