This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   The Weatherman and Robu1 demand a rematch!!!!!!!!!!!
The Weatherman
posted May 21, 2001 10:31 PM         
And, no, it wasn't because they kicked our butts . Supe and coax played a tough game. It was pretty even though I think Robu and I came out ahead.

What I can say is that it was super intense and a lot of fun for the one game we finished. There was some connections problems on Super's end - kinda hard to play when you power goes out . We must do it again.

I must also remark that Robu1 is a great team player and team play is the key to these kind of matches.

I 2 ideas for our next game...
Each team should have a second that can be called upon if problems arise. Robu, you can pick our second.
The server should be set to allow 3 teams so that we can just go to regular DM if someone must drop.

2V2 is a blast - someone should make a dedicated 2v2 server for impromptu games.

Thanks again for the server, Skan.

EDIT- BTW, could someone send me the score shots for DDM6? I am not going to post the DDM 5 stats becuse they are too badly skewed by the lag problem and not at all representative of how most players play.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 21, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 21, 2001 10:42 PM            
Yeah,talk about bad timing.My connection kept freezing about every 8 or 10 secs.I didn't know why until I stopped the game and heard the thunder.Seems it was freezing everytime the lightning struck.No wonder I had only 8 frags after 25 minutes of play You probally noticed me getting pretty pissed because I thought it was just a bad connection with the server.Then my power finally went of for a couple of minutes.
I'm up for a rematch,or even the intial match that I was having problems with.I don't work Wed night,if you want to schedule it for the same time.And if Skandraron will set up the server once more.Keeping my fingers crossed that a Thndr Sorm dossen't blow over then

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 22, 2001 03:17 AM            
weatherman, bad news about the screen shots. It looks like i screwed up. The screen shots only have like two-thirds of the Tread Marks window. I can see the number of frags and the number of deaths but the names are cut off. So if someone has the screen shots please send them. I think it was JL that sent me the Caldera screen shot and thats the only one i have.

Also, sorry for finding this out so late. And being ultra behind on getting your bios on my site, I already have 5 or 6 I'm behind in. I have a lot of pressure to do well in school a lot more then many of you think, for example the state legislature looks at my grades per quarter so they always have to be really good. Again, sorry for being behind so much. Hopefully I'll get caught up this Friday.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 22, 2001 04:50 AM            
I guess you might have to rely on honesty.I
BELIEVE I got 3rd place in the first two.
Whoever else placed in the Top 3 in the first two games,tell us.
When are you up for a rematch coax.Wednesday night same time good for you?

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited May 22, 2001).]

IP:

JL
posted May 22, 2001 07:57 AM            
Sent the screens to Coax. Looks like Skandranon won the first one. (he didn't play all three so I'm not sure if it counts though.Maybe as a win for the record but not calculated into his stats.I not sure how it works)
Neo won the second and I won the last one and it was a close one too.

[This message has been edited by JL (edited May 22, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 22, 2001 10:47 AM         
Wednesday is good for me. One last suggestion - team scoring - that way the matches will be quicker and it emphasizes (sp) teamwork. I hope the next one goes a little smoother/quicker - The Weatherwoman gets grumpy if I ignore her for too long to play on the computer.

Yeah, Supe, I noticed that you stopped moving a couple of times in the battle. I thought you were just petrified with fear of your imminent destruction . Lets hope for good weather (really, i have no control over it).

Coax, do what you need to do - your service to the TM community is very much appreciated but not mandatory. When you can is just the right time.

Individual DDM games are decided by straight # of frags with ties decided by lowest deaths. The overall ranking for a DDM is decided by total # of frags. It is probably not necessary to invoke the "must play all games" rule because if someone misses a game, it is unlikely that their total # of frags would be in the top 3. I may run up the Overall TM rankings this week, time permitting.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 22, 2001 11:00 AM         
Just a quick thought that has no other place to be put - How about a stealth mine - either one that buries itself like a real mine and has a subtle location indicator, or a near invisible floater - maybe looks like a bit of thin smoke or dirt, or maybe a cool lensing effect. Anymodders care to run with this?

IP:

Robu1
posted May 22, 2001 02:17 PM            
Sorry to cause y'all more inconvenience then I already have, but I can't make it for 9:00 EST Wed. I just got a new job and I'm working from 2:00 - 10:00 EST Wednesday through Saturday , and I don't think my new boss will be too impressed with me asking for time off to play a video game :P. Unless you guys can somehow do this late like after 10:30 some of these nights, or in the morning to early afternoon, I can't really participate .

So you guys can either wait until sunday (yeah right) or find another person to take my place, if the late night or morning thing doesn't work for all of you.

Great 1st match though guys - fun strategical stuff just as I had hoped for, though it WAS slightly faster than I had anticipated. Thanks for the compliment weatherman, though I did rob you of a few frags (no pun intended in regards to my name........that's not the meaning I originally indended it to have). Great competition froom coax and Super too .

As for an alternate, I can think of a few........does anybody know anything about Stuart? He won a 2nd place and a 3rd place in one of the DDM's. That's not an easy thing to do.........yet I haven't seen much of him otherwise.......but from that, I assume he's good. Skan(forgot how to spell the rest of his name) seem sto be a good candidate, especially since it's HIS server and he should have the best ping. Of course, there's always my good buddy Neo (by the way coax, expect an e-mail from both of us for our bios - sorry to compound the backup ), who you all know and love :P.

Plus, there are a couple of really good guys who often trash me when I go into the demo, who also have full-version, buut prefer demo. Specifically, I know I_C_E is really good ad he has 1.5.9, so why not invite him in?

A regular open 2 v 2 would be great, yet perhaps difficult to maintain. Oh yeah.......couldn't the server operator just set the limit at 4 tanks, 2 teams? is it that simple?!?!?!?!? Ok, I've said enough. Let me know the 411 on your availability for a rematch, guys.

:^()

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 22, 2001 02:33 PM            
How about Friday at 10:40est. To give you enough time to go home, and go to the bathroom

------------------

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 22, 2001 02:34 PM         
Well, I can do 10:30-11:30 EST most nights. Supercoax, when is good for youse?

Hey Robu - those were not steals, those were frags for the team .

It was coax's strategic use of mines that made me think that stealth mines would be more useful.

Yeah, Skan or Neo would be great to have hanging out to Second for either team (don't know Stewart, though he is undoubtedly good). Maybe the Second could just agree to leave their ICQ open to receive a request to play....

EDIT - Friday night is not good for me - real life activities planned - how about Wed or Thursday night?

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 22, 2001).]

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 22, 2001 04:33 PM            
hehe, shhh about the plasma mines. I like to consider every weapon as potentially deadly. Thursday works good.

------------------

IP:

Robu1
posted May 22, 2001 06:29 PM            
funny coax :^P I'll be sure to have gone right before the match starts. Thursday at 10:40 woks fine.

-Robu1

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 22, 2001 10:29 PM            
who wants to be are alternate? In case someone can't or doesn't make it?

------------------

IP:

Neo
posted May 22, 2001 11:02 PM            
I'll take the honors of playing standby.

I'll leave the ICQ on after about 9:30 or 10:00 PM on that day. My number is 118186630. If someone bails, just tell me on ICQ. If it is before 10:00 or so and you want to let me know ahead of time, you can try ICQ or, if I'm not available, just post an alert somewhere on the boards. Thanks.

-Neo

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 22, 2001 11:27 PM            
Make it 11 EST Friday then.I usually don't get home from work till 10:30 or so.I beleive we can all make it then.Neo would make a good alternant if Rubu can't come.
Weatherman,like the idea about team scoring.We would have to play the best out of 3 or something because the game is going to end quick with team scoring.Or we could just jack the frag limit up to 50 or 60.Ok.just talked to Skandraron on ICQ dand he says he can have the server up for us but we may have to remind him Also,he will add team scoring.It will be the best out of 3 games with a 60 frag limit for each game.Does that please everybody?(60 frags will take about t he normal time for a regualar DDM since there are two poeple racking up for the team)
Team damage
Team scoring
30 Minute time limit
60 frag limit
3 maps

IP:

Neo
posted May 23, 2001 12:21 AM            
Alright, but I don't have the IP, so if/when you need me to fill in for someone, you'll have to tell me what it is.

[This message has been edited by Neo (edited May 23, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 23, 2001 12:26 AM         
Sure, everything sounds good except the day - I may be able to make it Friday, but I can't say for sure - Thursday is a go, though. Lemme get back to you tomorrow (damn, these things are harder to plan than a DDM!).

Well.... I just checked something - at 30 minutes, Robu and I had just 40 frags together in the one game that we played (probably would be a bit higher if Supe was in full time - we only had one target). Just based on that, I don't think that the score limit should be above 40. 3 games of 30 mins comes out to a pretty good chunk of time - don't want to put much more time into it (sorry).

I would also like to request the server set to allow 3 team, 5 player max, with 2 bots that are immediately replaced by joins. The third team is a fall back in case our second is busy and someone has to drop. Lets agree ahead of time that anyone who has to drop must make ICQ contact with Neo before they go completely (Of course, sudden drop from power outages can't do that ). Maybe we can switch to 3 teams as soon as someone drops and then back to 2 when they or Neo rejoins. Overkill, yes, but at least we can keep the game going. It was so frustrating not to be able to finish our match.

I gotta go get me an ICQ acct .

Neo, it is 128.206.79.85:12200 . It is not really a secret - most forum readers know what is going on and probably will not intrude.

IP:

Neo
posted May 23, 2001 12:36 AM            
lol, ok, thanks.

IP:

Neo
posted May 23, 2001 01:07 AM            
Just an idea...

To prevent any loss of gameplay, I can come into the server and simply hang out off-map, until needed (if ever). That way no one will have to notify me when needed-- I can just switch to the appropriate team and go to work. When the person re-enters, I can just head straight back off-map. Let me know what you guys think; it doesn't matter much to me either way, but I'd like to know by game time.

-Neo

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 23, 2001 04:15 AM            
Tell Skand your specs so he can get the server up(you can get his ICQ# from his profile).I think it should be at least 50 frags.I've done things like this before and it goes very fast with team scoring.I'm happy with the other stuff that you suggested.
I can play at 11 est any weeknight.I'm going out of town this weekend so I won't be able to do it Sat or Sunday night,so you guys need to decide what night and we nees to let Skand know ASAP.
It won't be as easy to frag me this time,granted theres no lightning

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 23, 2001 08:02 AM         
Lol- Don't I know it , Supe! I will email Skan later today and make the request. How about 45.5 frag limit? (50 it is ). The game will be this Thursday, 11pm est - K?

Neo, that sounds fine. I didn't want you to have to sit by the computer all game while we played in case we had no drops... figured with ICQ notification, you would be able to do other things in the mean time. I guess you can run real far away(so as not to give false enemy arrow readings) and F8 to be able to use you internet browser or other progs ( I think that sound will still come through - you can turn off music and listen for a large # of chat beeps).

EDIT- sample chat
-I have to go - the end of the world is here... call in Neo.
-Neo?
- Neo, are you there?
- Hello?
- Neo!
- NEO!
-neoneoneoneoenoenoenoenoe!
- Hey, while Neo is away from his computer, lets have a truce so we can go find his tank and smash it!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 23, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 23, 2001).]

IP:

Robu1
posted May 23, 2001 12:19 PM            
Thursday at 11:00pm EST is good for me too .

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 23, 2001 02:28 PM            
why doesn't Neo just find an other player and we can have a 3 vs. 3

------------------

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 23, 2001 02:30 PM            
I really like the idea of the top dogs batteling it out. Or maybe the logistics of trying to get 6 players organized on the same server is going to become even more messy then it was trying to get 4 people on the same server. Hmmmmm..... we'll see.

------------------

IP:

Neo
posted May 23, 2001 02:32 PM            
lol

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2