|
Author Topic:   hoorah
KONG
posted May 20, 2001 09:44 PM            
3 cheers for skans server, i had 0 lag during the ddm thanks dude.

IP:

Neo
posted May 20, 2001 10:22 PM            
I had lots of lag, high ping times (376 avg.), and a few 5-10 sec lockups...Doubt that it was the server though, I just switched to AOL 56k dialup (from T1 LAN),and already hate it.

I noticed Robu1 was getting like 4600 ping for part of the Ramp match and almost the entire Caldera match. Bet he's enjoying his new dialup experiences almost as much as me.

Guess my point is, hoorah to the server, bah to dialup. I had fun anyway, though.

-Neo

IP:

KONG
posted May 20, 2001 10:44 PM            
SUNDAY night is always alot of net traffic. i get my best connections on thur and sat nights.

IP:

Robu1
posted May 20, 2001 10:59 PM            
Yeah dude. Even when I was getting like 300 - 400 ping, there was this weird hoppy stuff that was messing up my playing................well that's all :P

IP:

Neo
posted May 21, 2001 12:13 AM            
Same thing here--real choppy/jumpy. Guess we gotta just get used to the quirks of dialup.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 21, 2001 12:21 AM            
Maybe if you just installed it on your home computer,it might be slower than the one you have at school or have a different setup.I had jumpy problems with my game before,but it turned out ot be a problem with my video card drivers.Once I installed a program called WickedGL,all of the problems went away.I too had several occasions where the it would freeze up for 5-10 seconds but no where near the way it was last Sunday.Don't really know why it does that.But if everybody else was ok on dial up,then I guess it must be on my end.
BTW Neo,did you win that last one.I was so pissed off because I was stuck at 29 frags for a couple of minutes.I couldn't frag anybody.Bad time for dry spell I almost broke my keyboard drawer because I was banging on it out of frustration

IP:

Robu1
posted May 21, 2001 07:53 AM            
It's the same computer, Super, I just moved it back home. It was working pretty good until I switched to dial-up........although I still had the occational brief freezes. My computer seems like a rreal lemon though......I have had to re-formatt the thing about 6 times since I got it new last August.

IP:

Neo
posted May 21, 2001 01:16 PM            
lol Super,

No, I got 3rd. JL won the last one and I think Skan got 4th(?). I was blowing someone away with R-Gren's but as I was about to score the frag, JL popped somebody. See my other post about us all sharing a 3-way tie. lol. At least, a two way with you and JL. That way I can take 2nd. lol Anyways, good game.

-Neo

IP: