|
Author Topic:   DDM6
Skandranon
posted May 19, 2001 01:51 PM            
Okay folks, the server's up a day in advance, just like I try to do.

Go and try and break it, see if it whines like a little puppy like it did last time.

I've lowered the net settings to 10fps and 4K/sec per client and checked my end - not getting any packet loss at all now, unlike last time. Crossing my talons, I'm hoping this one will go well.

Coax - you've reported some lag? How about some more detail: when was the lag, was it while someone was trying to connect (always does that... :P ), how many were on, and could you do a traceroute and extensive ping from your location? I'd be interested in seeing ping and traceroute numbers from people around the region, to my server. Gimme packet size, how many packets, times, and loss rates, and I might be able to make some sense of this lag that SHOULDN'T be happening on such a server.

PS - I'll try and attend this one, but I've been moody lately. Okay, gryphons are always moody, but more than normal for me.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 19, 2001 11:20 PM            
Uh.....not to sound stupid,but what the hell is a Gryphon? It was probablly when me,you,Rex,Jvortex and coax were on the other night.I think he might be talking about your classic server....?Is that one running on the same server as the DDM.I didn't have any lag,but I remember Jvortex and coax saying they had a little.

IP:

Rex R
posted May 20, 2001 02:21 AM            
the classic gryphon; basically you take the body of a lion and the head of an eagle with large wings attached to the body

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 20, 2001 03:55 AM            
Oh,I knew that.For some reason it didn't click in my head when I read it.Plus....its not really a word I use everyday

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 20, 2001 01:11 PM            
Unenlightened infidels.

Yes, classical gryphon has the torso and hindquarters of a lion, with wings above the shoulders, long forelegs of an eagle, and an eagle's head.

My type is a bit modified, but in a general sense that's still accurate enough.

Hmm... yes, the servers run on the same physical machine. I played yesterday with up to eight others on at the same time and saw zero lag; I've also seen zero packet loss lately, so maybe things have improved. I know Verizon was having some problems locally.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP: