This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   SuperUnkown and I officially challenge The Weatherman and Robu1.
coax
Administrator
posted May 16, 2001 10:59 PM            
We challenge you to a 2 vs. 2 battle on the servers. Tell us what day and time your free and we'll set it up in this thread.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 16, 2001 11:09 PM            
Muhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 17, 2001 12:04 AM         
Oh you are so on -- Lemme do some figuring - I am leaving to go camping tomorrow night and won't be back till late Sun....
Robu - you game for Monday night?

This ain't gonna be pretty

EDIT - At last, some grudge matches! How many games and what server - can someone get us a closed server - may get crowded . I like Skan's mod package but it could be classic or DDM style, too.

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 17, 2001).]

IP:

Robu1
posted May 17, 2001 12:17 AM            
Ha! In the time between me reading the invitation and weatherman's reply, I had begun to put up my reply that I would like to do it within the next few days, because school ends friday, and that will be the last day for a while on the precious T1 connection. Guess you can't really play treadmarks multiplayer that well in the woods

Anyway, to actually start to say what I was going to say, Yes, a 2 on 2 sounds pretty cool. It'll probably be a different kind of game then just going after AI's or the less skilled - more chessmatch-type stuff happening hopefully. Monday night? sounds cool. I hope I can readjust to 56K in time

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 17, 2001 01:06 AM            
Monday night will be good, I'm going to ask Skan as nicely as i can for him to set up a server for us, or if anyone else wants to set up a server and watch are carnage will be more then welcomed to do so. So guys if you can figure out how we can set up a server for Monday night let me know. I'll be seeing if i can set one up on campus on monday for the game but you guys try also,

------------------

IP:

Neo
posted May 17, 2001 01:10 AM            
This is rough....I feel left out. My exam schedule has made it impossible for me to play in as much multiplayer as normal. It's not fair. I want to be in on these things. Us grassroots fans should be included in some things, too. Just because some of us play in demo a lot doesn't mean we aren't TM players. (I don't pick on newbies, honest.) Get more people on Skan's classic, and I'll be there all the time. Anyways, I'm getting sidetracked...

The point is: if you guys beat Robu1 and The Weatherman, then I challenge you to a rematch, with Robu as my teammate. But if my homeboy Robu (along with Weatherman) beats you guys, then I wanna fight them, with anyone who will pair up with me. (I feel the need to prove my mettle)

c'mon...whaddya say?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 17, 2001 01:33 AM         
WhArhOOOOOOOOO!
Sounds great, Robu1. We's gonna toast us some Supercoax!

I see Neo is all pumped - He is pretty darn good, too. You will have plenty of opportunities to show your stuff - Neoby

I think your thoughts on how the game will go are right on, Robu. I only hope this doesn't reveal me to be a total hack - I rack up most of my kills from AIs and new people who stumble into my clutches. Skilled players (you know who you are)are frustratingly hard to kill! I wish I could get some practice in over the weekend, but, no matter. You guys are in for a fight! Robu, I will try to contact you by email to talk about some strategery

Coax, battle talk aside, could you post the 2 items that I have in my root directory (New DDM4 analysis and Updated Mod Faq)? Also, could you send me the score screen shots from DDM5? Also Also, could you send me the ones from DDM6 when you get them? I wanna post the stats soon while everyone's memory is fresh and their playing hasn't changed much. Back to battle talk - I am looking forward to playing against someone who is also skilled in the black arts (alchemy, taunts, and polymers) . I am glad you acted on my veiled challenges - I was trying not to be too bold!

And finally, for everyone including the Errant Arrdvarks - check out this cool animation: http://strider.animenet.org/fight.swf

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 17, 2001 02:43 AM            
Weatherman if you used icq I could send it to you via that. I'll send it to you tommorrow afternoon on campus. Its to big of an attachment to send it to you through mail with my 36.6 connection

------------------

IP:

JVortex
posted May 17, 2001 06:10 AM            
that amination is COOL! heh, i was starting to wonder if the thing was gonna start, took long enough to load. im glad i waited!

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 17, 2001 08:03 AM         
Thanks, coax. BTW, I only need the scrshots for games 1 and 2. I have the one for game 3 (JV's win). Is the 33 the conn you were using for DDM5? Lets shoot for a time when you can be on a school comp - I am good from 6-11 est. .

Robu, sorry about the time conflict. I hope you find your new tank soon and get it battle tested.

On the game itself - how about 3 short boards (hopefully even out disliked boards) - frag limit 20, time 20 min. With only 4 people in, the score will be lower than a DDM. Can I request that the board with the tall hills surrounded by lots of water be left out? I don't know the name but it is the one that Supe won in DDM4. Classic weapons?

Glad you like the animation JV - very Jackie Chan. Will try to find that guy's 2 others. Hope the Spectator comes together in time.

IP:

Robu1
posted May 17, 2001 11:20 AM            
Yeah.........I definately would prefer that we do something on a flat area, rather than bumpy ones.........it lessens the luck aspect of the game, because uneven terrain can foil your plans by unexpectedly flipping you, and make for an easy target of the other guy. So I'd suggest cutting out maps like brimstone, spikes, anything with ice, the moon, no radioactive-looking maps either. By the way, does anybody know if certain maps have different levels of resistance to craters? If so, we best include more of the higher resistance ones! What do you guys think?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 17, 2001 11:59 AM         
We can't go all flat - then there would be 0 chance of using a ramdrill effectively. Hills give lots of opportunities that flats don't provide (MRL is a pain on flats at short range). Plus, why make it easier for coax to do his mass driver magic . I am really starting to like camelbacks. I just don't like the board that I singled out because of all of the water and the large elevation changes.

Skan, can you help us out w/ a server?

Edit : LOL about crater resistance! The earth shall be scorched and cracked!

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 17, 2001).]

IP:

JVortex
posted May 17, 2001 12:05 PM            
hey WM, here is a link to the final score pict of game 2. i for some reason didnt get the one for game 1, not sure y, it just didnt show... http://server2049.virtualave.net/jvortex/picts/screens/tread/DDMshots/pict39.jpg
theres a load of picts from the last 2 DDM's in the fgallery on my site as well.

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 17, 2001 03:19 PM            
If someone wants me to set up a server for a private match, just let me know via email at skandranon@tranquility.net - where, when, who, what settings, and if you'd like a 'moderator' there or something. I can't make 100% promises, but I can see what I can do.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 17, 2001 03:23 PM         
Whoops, coax - could you send me all 3? Some of the nubers are hard to make out on the 2 i got off of JV's. I started to run up the numbers and I made out like a bandit. I think that the lag didn't hurt everybody, but the people it did hurt prolly fell prey to yours truely- boosting my stats and hurting theirs. I will note the Lag problem upfront in the analysis. I had an idea to correct for ping size, but i don't have a good way to scale it. These stats will just be for funsies - probably won't even post them unless requested.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 17, 2001 11:30 PM            
I've already figured out your use of the Ramdrill Weatherman.You probablly get half of your kils with a Ramdrill.I'll be watching out for red dots sneaking up behind me
Just tell me when and where and I'll be there.Maybe after this weeks DDM,so we're already warmed up.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 18, 2001 12:05 AM            
Super since no team fighting styles have been developed looks like we are going to be the first. If you have any good ideas on strategy let me know.

------------------

IP:

peeeto
posted May 18, 2001 07:52 PM         
yes, i think we see a couple of new clans in conception!

IP:

Robu1
posted May 20, 2001 12:45 AM            
Ho boy..........The reality has set in that I am not the same player without the T1. After being trashed during the last game, I realized that I have an uphill battle to fight if i am going to place at all in the next DDM. I can't aim as precicely, the gun I fire fires to the side of me, and people kill me without me even seeing them!

Any tips on how to make best use of the bad ping guys? Thanks.

-Robu1

P.S.: Why challenge me anyway? Other people did better on the last DDM - Stuart got 2nd and third, and i got third only once!

IP:

JVortex
posted May 20, 2001 01:24 AM            
main thing you have to do is just simply get accustomed to aiming a bit off from your target 1/2 the time. it just all depends on your angle and speed and your targets. nothing for it really but practice and jsut getting used to it.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 20, 2001 04:02 AM            
Play with your Net Rate in the game options.I think mine is set on 3K/sec.It can go all the way up to 10K.I think the default is 4 or 5.I have to use dial up because my satellite modem has a 700-1000ms ping.Normally,I don't have a problem with lag or having high pings.Mine is usually in the 300-400ms range which is smooth enough for me There's no delays at all.Granted I have a ISP thats faster than most.
BTW,when do you have access to a T1?Maybe you can host the next if Skand's server can't handle it,and if I can't get that darn T3.

IP:

Robu1
posted May 20, 2001 01:25 PM            
Sorry Super, I won't have a T1 until I go back to college in late August . So are you saying that my connection might be better if I LOWER my net rate? When I was on the T1 I had it at 10k/s, and it worked beautifully. I'll try just messing around with it and see what works best though. Thanks for the advice!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 20, 2001 02:21 PM            
lol, 10K/s no wonder your gameplay is bad. I have mine set to 3k with my 36.6 connection, and I've won several DDMs. Try putting it around there.

------------------

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 20, 2001 09:56 PM         
Sooo. what time, gents? I would prefer 9 EST. Is that cool? Skan, can you provide the site? Lemme know.
BTW, How did the DDM go?

IP:

Robu1
posted May 20, 2001 10:54 PM            
It might as well have let my pet monkey play.......:P It was ridiculous on my end. I started off with 400-500 ping, but my tank was hoppy, and soon afterwards my ping jumped into the 3000 - 4500 range. It was then that I realized that I was wasting my time - ask somebody else

9:00 tommorow sounds good I guess.....or whenever everybody else is free.

Any more anti-lag tips guys???

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2