This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   SuperUnkown and I officially challenge The Weatherman and Robu1.
SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 21, 2001 12:23 AM            
Yeah,dump the crappy ISP Anytime tommorow night is fine with me.

IP:

Robu1
posted May 21, 2001 07:57 AM            
Yeah, that could be it........my ISP is local, and it was really good when my parents got their computer way back in '97, but I don't know if they ever upgraded their server . It never gives me a consistent connection speed either .

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 21, 2001 08:27 AM         
Cool, 9 est it is. I was thinking we could use the DDM setup and set the player limit to 6. That way, we can chat to any joiners to please come back after the match and have some space for spectators - if they promise to be good. Maybe the server can be called "Tounament in progress, please don't join". Alternatively, maybe Skan can make us a server that does not send heartbeats to the master server and we can enter by typing the isp.

I hope the small # of players will cut Robu's lag. Looking forward to the battle-
The Weatherman

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 21, 2001 02:45 PM            
9 est is fine with me too. I hope Skan puts up the server.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 21, 2001 03:49 PM            
Okay, I'll set a server up for tonight at 9est.

I'll put the limit at 5 or 6, have it not send heartbeats, DDM setup, slightly higher netrate (5k/sec, 12fps - with few players, that should be good, I think), and then post the IP and port on here when it's up.

Got things to do this afternoon, so don't expect it for a few hours.

Boy... did I ever suck at the last DDM. My heart just wasn't in the game last night. Hell, I even left early. Ah well. Seemed to run well, anyway. Guess the main problem WAS that packet loss.

Addendum: Oh yeah, any map preferences, guys? Speak up, or I'll put in RAM Dump and Tank Luge.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

[This message has been edited by Skandranon (edited May 21, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 21, 2001 03:58 PM         
Hiya Skan,

I think the regular DDM board will be fine with 3 exceptions: Armageddon, Spikey, and the one with the tall hills and lots of water - I believe that it was the one that Super won back in DDM4.

Thanks again

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 21, 2001 06:12 PM            
Okay you four, here it is:
128.206.79.85:12200

Max of six players (four competitors + one screen grabber + myself as admin if necessary/I'm awake , 12fps, 5k/sec, stock 1.5 weapons, standard DDM maps in rotation, no AI's, 30FL/30TL, and team damage is ON.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

Karldar
posted May 21, 2001 06:24 PM            
Hey, Skandranon. I pinged your DDM server earlier and got no packet loss. Averaged about 97ms, I think. Of course, ping in-game is a bit higher for me(120-200) and I still have occasional latency(even when I'm the only one on). Time doesn't seem to be a factor either. I get a little lag whether it's late at night, early morning or afternoon for some reason. Might have to play with my netrate some more.

------------------
I like pie!

IP:

Skandranon
posted May 21, 2001 06:37 PM            
Thanks for the info, Karldar...

Yeah, I notice some stutter from time to time myself - my pet theory is it has something to do with the netrate+fps on server-side, but it's a guess at best. Doesn't hurt playability too much.

Last night, with all the folks on, was very playable from my point of view, though pings seemed a bit high for the HPB's - like 370 or so.

------------------
Skandranon,
The Black Gryphon

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2