|
Author Topic:   DDM
Robu1
posted May 13, 2001 10:12 PM            
Wow, what insanity. Is it always that crazy in DDM? maybe you guys should do it like a tournament, where the top winners of one battle go at it with the winners from another battle? or would this be hard to set up? Anyway, I'm pretty new at this DDM thing, so is it going to be every week or month, or what? Awesome match though. C-ya on the battlegrounds!

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 13, 2001 10:25 PM            
Nice meeting you Robu1. I enjoyed swapping frags with you. See you again online some time.

--lb

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted May 14, 2001 12:19 AM            
Theres really not that many ,1.5, active players to do the DDM like that.I would like to do it like that once though.That was the most I've ever seen on one server.Good seeing you there.Keep posted to the boards for the next one

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 14, 2001 12:57 AM         
Yeah, Robu1, you keep getting better every time I see you.
LB is definitely been practicing . I only have the screenshot from the last game, but your frags have really jumped.

IP:

Robu1
posted May 14, 2001 01:38 PM            
uh................what's LB?

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 14, 2001 01:44 PM         
The good and noble Lord Byron - sorry, was getting lazy

IP:

Robu1
posted May 14, 2001 01:44 PM            
By the way, thanks for the complement weatherman. That mite tank seems to work really well - it's so hard to hit you! I think i need to do some tank testing. I've been using Draconian which works really well for flat areas, but is crap in hills and craters. Anybody of a good light tank with high acceleration?

:^)

IP:

lordbyron
posted May 14, 2001 02:09 PM            
Practicing?...

Yeah, I guess you could call it that. I've been trying to perfect a new mod. So I put my regular Addon folder aside. Thus, I've been forced to relearn how to use the standard weapon package more than in the last DDM. Also, I think it was Egisilaus the Theban who said to the Spartans, "Never fight the same enemy too many times. He may learn how to defeat you."

Anyway, see you next DDM, (Insert diabolical laughter...)

--lb

IP:

Robu1
posted May 14, 2001 02:13 PM            
Oh, and another thing - is the DDM going to be absolutely regular, like weekly or monthly, or what? Anybody know!?!?!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 14, 2001 03:03 PM            
I think the plan is to shoot for a weekly event untill they become unpopular.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

Rex R
posted May 15, 2001 01:20 AM            
to answer the tank Q er um yeeess there are a few but mostly they aren't OFFICIAL LDA tanks so its unlikely you'll see them in a DDM. guess you will have to test drive all of the original (1.59 ver) tanks till you find 1 that you like. Talon and Dwarf seem to be popular

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 15, 2001 02:35 AM         
Ouch, Robu - it is a Platypus, not the Mite!
The Platy has great accel and size, but weak armor and is easy to flip. Top speed is standard. The Mite is kind of a joke- it has miniscule armor but awesome speed and agility. Personally, I can't handle how sluggish the steel tanks feel but their armor is v. nice Look here for a really indepth analysis of general tank type, mostly having to do with armor: /forums/archive/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000016.html

IP:

Robu1
posted May 15, 2001 12:12 PM            
Ha! Sorry weatherman.........I actually realized my mistake on the next message I posted, but hoped you wouldn't notice :^0 Anyway, I've started to use the original maurader - it seems to really acceleraate quickly and can get out of tight crater areas relatively smoothly. Superunknown has been using it (sorry if this is wrong super, many of the liquid tanks look similar from a distance), and look how well he's doing :^) Anyway, hopefully I can find the tank that best suits my style by the time of the next DDM. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

IP:

Robu1
posted May 15, 2001 12:17 PM            
Oh, and another thing.........where are all you guys during the week? I'm often the only one playing in any of the servers (demo and full-version) from about 6:00 - 9:00 EST. Do you guys do alot of 1-player games? or what? cause it doesn't sem right that some of you are so good but never seem to practice.

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 15, 2001 02:14 PM         
I am on some of the time from 11pm-1am Central. Can't play at work and most of my home time I spend with my darling wife . Sometimes I sneak a game before I leave for home ~6pm Central. I am going to try to back off my TM game / thinking time as I have a graduation deadline coming up. (curse this addictive game!) Will still try to make most DDMs anyway

I hope to be able to give some combat feedback on your tank trials

IP:

TREAD_THIS
posted May 15, 2001 10:18 PM            
I'm with Robu1 - I don't seem to find anyone else and I'm on between 8:00 - 10:30 CST nightly.

IP:

Robu1
posted May 15, 2001 11:16 PM            
I didn't know you were married weatherman. By the way, This may sound silly, but are you really a weatherman weatherman?

IP:

Neo
posted May 15, 2001 11:17 PM            
hahahahahaha

IP:

The Weatherman
posted May 16, 2001 02:37 AM         
Nope - I am a Chem Eng Grad student at UTexas. I took the name from a radio program. See this cool post for more info on everybody's names and add your own : /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000676.html

Yeah, the Weatherwoman is the love of my life but she doesn't understand my addiction to this game. I don't understand why she needs so many houseplants. I guess it is one of those beautiful differences between the sexes and should be cherished

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited May 16, 2001).]

IP:

peeeto
posted May 16, 2001 08:34 AM         
have the same "misunderstanding" with my wife, too, weatherman... i think she's the founding member of the TM Widow's Support Group!

IP: